Have you ever helped a homeless person and if you did how did it make you feel?

Activity Forums General Discussion Have you ever helped a homeless person and if you did how did it make you feel?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I have helped homeless people before. I felt good to be able to help them. I have been homeless myself and stayed with others before and it was so not right. Times get difficult and some experience this.

writer
      Participant

Yes, I have helped homeless people before and it really made me feel good to be able to help someone else since I have received help before.

Nicolee25
      Participant

No but I’d really like to help

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

I always help buy donating some extra money and food to our homeless shelter where I live at.

Pegasus
      Participant

Yes I have. Several times in my life in fact. It made me feel like I had made a difference, that I was part of the solution, and that I wanted to continue to help. I used to bring food from work parties to a homeless man who slept right outside the transit system. I crocheted him a blanket and scarf for Christmas and a cover for his dog. I really liked that guy. I was 19 years old when I met him. I think about him sometimes, wishing I could have done more. Wondering if he got on his feet.

My mom, cousin, and my kids and I went to a program in our downtown area called Socks and Gloves and we had put together care packages with travel size stuff, hats, coats, gloves, socks. We also had bigger items that we let the homeless community choose from so they could get new stuff. It was a really big deal because it was one of the most humbling moments for me and my kids to hear the stories of how people became homeless, we sang songs with them, it was beautiful

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

Yes it just breaks my heart when I hear homeless peoples stories. I once was homeless myself and it broke my heart butt a good program where I live at helped me.

Emily Hargrove
      Participant

I used to run a community garden in college to feed the homeless. I loved it… it felt good knowing that the vegetables I worked so hard to grow were going to help others.

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

That was a great thing you did Emily. I think I should do something like hat when I start my garden in a few years.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I haven’t other then talking to them. I think I have an invisible sign saying tell me your problems I can help you. Lol. But I do want to buy some fast food for one sometime. There are so many in Denver it would be great. Maybe do it w/my niece so she learns how to be giving. Even though she’s a kind caring person already.

nerdieeds
      Participant

I don’t have a big house so I can’t ask the homeless old man to go with me home. This just happened 2 weeks ago. It was 5 in the morning. I was going home from work when I passed by a man sitting on the plant box infront of the building. When I got closer to him, he uttered “buddy, can I some for food?” Instead of giving him money, I went to the convenient store and bought him something to eat and gave him change.

Maricel
      Participant

So far not yet I am very affected to see kids on the street begging for food I wish I could help them.

Omison
      Participant

I’m pretty average…I volunteer at Thanksgiving and Christmas at Soup Kitchens, with the rest of America…it always feels great..wish I could it more!

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

Thanks I really find it to be amazing to help others when they are in need because I needed help before.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.