Have You Ever Had Dental Work?

Activity Forums General Discussion Have You Ever Had Dental Work?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

kendra
      Participant

My dental health is something I’ve been a little obsessive about within the last few years (after having to get a wisdom tooth extracted and then having my dentist give me a root canal on another tooth and drill & fill a couple others!).

I have to agree with the saying that dental pain has to be some of the absolute most horrific physical pain a human can ever experience! After suffering for so long with the wisdom tooth I ended up having to get extracted, the health of my teeth (and the fears that were then embedded deeply into me) caused me intense anxiety.

I actually even began following a very … unconventional dental health routine. For instance, quitting toothpaste & using a natural method of cleaning my teeth, taking up oil-pulling, etc.

I just finished oil-pulling for the night & that’s what inspired me to start up this conversation with you all here.

So, have you ever had dental work? Braces? Root canals? Extractions? Other dental procedures?

Was is horrifically painful?

Yvanne Garcia
      Participant

I had dental filling for 4 molars. I wanted to have braces though so I can have a perfectly lined teeth. 🙂

kendra
        Participant

Oh, I can see why you’d want braces to have perfect teeth. I think we all see our teeth as an important part of us, so I would be okay with getting braces too. It doesn’t seem as horrendous as having one pulled ,either. 😉

Jessica
      Participant

I’ve had at least four teeth extractions (three in one trip!), braces for close to ten years that ended when I was seventeen or eighteen, two cavity fillings in the same day, and of course very dedicated “regular” check-ups that left my mouth bloody. Oddly, I’ve never developed a phobia of the dentist. I just refuse to go unless something is falling out, which hasn’t happened yet…

kendra
        Participant

Oh my, Jessica! And I thought my crazy string of dentist visits were horrific. You’ve really been put through the ringer! Good thing you’ve managed to stay clear of developing a phobia though. I was really scared of going into surgery and have 3 removed at once. Yikes!

waflay
      Participant

I had one tooth extracted some time last year after I could not sleep the entire night due to the tooth ache.

kendralala
      Participant

ive been many times

pits and fissure sealant 2x
      oral prophylaxis many times
      simple extraction

coming: impaction extraction

henry
      Participant

I had one tooth extracted some years ago.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.