Google You

Activity Forums General Discussion Google You

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Andria Perry
      Participant

After reading @Rextrulove comment about getting google hits I decided to just type in “landlady” because that is what I write about a lot and I found that I am on the front page twice!

Now Who knows how to find out how many people have read that article?

kimdalessandro
      Participant

Yay! How cool! Congrats! 🙂 I’ve accidentally found my posts on Google search engine listings. I’ve had people that I know find me completely by chance. My son’s gf was looking up ways to add flavor to plain white rice and was shocked to find my post.

laksh
        Participant

Exactly!
        That’s what Rextrulove has been saying, but some people just think they are too clever and chose to make unpleasant noises without listening to what the other person is saying and for whose benefit!

Great to be found by someone we know, isn’t it? Amazing how your son’s gf had to learn the trick from google when she could’ve asked you hehe 😛

Andria Perry
        Participant

I had never googled just words and I popped up 🙂 It is cool.

rextrulove

@andriaperry, you should be able to find out how many have read the articles by going to the dashboard for the blog and clicking statistics (under Home). It also tells you who your top referrers are. In the case of my Insights blog, my top referrers are corporate at stumbleupon, Google, (direct) [which means people on BlogJob], stumbleupon, bing and yahoo, in that order. This is the first time since I’ve been watching stats that Google has been replaced as the top referrer. I have no idea why stumbleupon corporate has been referring people.

kimdalessandro
        Participant

@rextrulove – StumbleUpon Corp has been referring people to your lettuce post because I added it to my likes. I received a notice that said it has been stumbled more than 1,800 times. 🙂 I sent you a message about it on your Swiss chard post. You probably haven’t seen it yet. I kept meaning to tell you that bit of good news. It pays to use StumbleUpon to help ourselves and one another. I’ve found that it’s more useful than Pinterest and G+.

Andria Perry
        Participant

I just signed up and now I will share on stumble.

Thanks @rextrulove and @kimdalessandro I just signed up for stumble upon

TAlberts
        Participant

I have not use stumbleupon. Thanks for the idea Kim.

Andria Perry
        Participant

I just joined last week too 🙂

TAlberts
        Participant

I have just signed up to stumble upon. I am still learning what to do. I use the same user name here.

suni51
        Participant

@TAlberts You only have to click at stumble upon from the sharing buttons, select the topic, declare it is safe and share that is all. Keep following other topics which they offer you to do so. You get notification to check others as well your posts being stumbled upon.

kimdalessandro
        Participant

@rextrulove – Take a look at this. You’ll see that your lettuce post was Stumbled 1,860 times. 🙂 http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/bluecrystalsky16/likes

rextrulove

@kimdalessandro, how cool is that? Thank you! That explains why it has topped Google. I shared that one on Twitter and G+, too, and it looks like others have also shared it. I love it!

Andria Perry
        Participant

I just did and thank you.

kimdalessandro
      Participant

I used to think that too @kasman, but when I logged out of G+ and searched using the same terms and cleared my cache, I was no longer listed on the first page. I was so disappointed. I found out that it lists you and those in your circles on Google when you’re signed in. Only you and those in your circles will see those results. 🙁

Andria Perry
      Participant

Seems those of us still here and writing, as I read I will also try my best to share many ways to get readers back to this this.

peachpurple
      Participant

well, I just did, I type Chicken Hot Pot plus peachpurple, came out my post at blogjob and share media post.
      If I exclude peachpurple, it came out at the bottom of the first page

Andria Perry
      Participant

I do use G+ so from now on all I share will be shared there as well.

Andria Perry
      Participant

All view are worth it, as I see it!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.