Getting over writer's block

Activity Forums Writing Content Getting over writer's block

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

moonphased
      Participant

Does anyone have any tips on how to get over writer’s block? It seems that I’ve been having a problem with this a lot lately and it’s really frustrating.

Brooke
      Participant

I usually wait awhile. It also helps if you can get creative when you have writers block. Maybe try writing about something you haven’t written about? Something you enjoy?

moonphased
        Participant

That’s a good idea! I’ll try that, thank you 🙂

Tilman
      Participant

Whenever I’m trying to think of something to write it seems like it always happens to me too.

I get my best ideas when I’m doing something completely different than writing. Then I jot it down on my Simplenotes app so I won’t forget it and have it when I start to write again.

kendra
      Participant

Well, I rarely have writer’s block, but I always keep a document with a list of topics to write about. Anytime the ideas hit, I’ll type them into the list and then, when I need a topic, I have that list to go back to. It has never failed me! It did take me a while to get a list big enough that let me choose from enough topics that I could get interested in though. Hope this helps?

Also, online you can find lists of “things you could write about,” but be careful because some of the topics are just regurgitated ones that have been done so many times it’s hard to offer something new about it.

If you’re comfortable with opinion pieces, any time you can find a topic that gets any emotion going in you, you’re there! 😉

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

When I am having a writer’s block, I usually read a stories , novels, or articles online. I get inspirations by the work of the others. If it is not effective, I stay away from a moment and I come back if I can write again.

moonphased
      Participant

It’s the worst having writer’s block because the thing I love most is writing… Not being able to do the thing you’re into is frustrating.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.