Garage Sale Virgin

Activity Forums General Discussion Garage Sale Virgin

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Stephanie C
      Participant

I’m planning on holding a garage sale next weekend, but I’ve never actually done it before. I mean, my parents had them when I was a kid, but I never really helped.

I’m hoping for some advice…

jsnitz08
      Participant

Label everything with price tags. Make sure you advertise well, otherwise it will be a waste of your time. Make sure to have Lots of water (you can even buy some at the store and sell it to customers.) Or Make lemonade and sell lemonade..
      Have someone helping you with the garage sale, also for extra security, never have one alone, you just never know.

Hope that helps. Good luck!!

Oh and make sure people can read your signs.

Stephanie C
      Participant

The water idea is genius! Thanks for the idea! And my hubby will be helping me. Thanks for the advice 🙂

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I wish you the best with your sale. I have never had one before either.

Pegasus
      Participant

Depending on where you live, water could be a very big draw. here it would go over great! That was great advice. Make sure you start with some change – coins, 1s and 5s and if you have any large ticket items then make sure you would have enough change for that. Consider, if you have large items and will be getting large bills, buying one of those counterfeit bill markers.

henry
      Participant

I am sorry to say openly that I have no idea about this, anyway I have also learnt something useful from the responses to the question.

Nana
      Participant

Our city wide is coming up

Anne Farmer
      Participant

This is an old post but try to not stand over everyone, and act natural. As a garage sale goer I hated having people like that selling things, it was annoying.

realityspeaks
      Participant

Having a price tag on every item you are selling at a garage sale helps a great deal.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.