Frustration

Activity Forums General Discussion Frustration

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Payton
      Participant

When you are frustrated what are things that you do to help calm yourself down?

Pegasus
      Participant

Lately I’ve been actually getting better at this. I’m choosing my words more carefully so as not to take it out on the wrong people, I’m finding that it’s helpful to really think about why I’m frustrated, what’s making me mad and then not get defensive about it.

Danae
      Participant

When I’m frustrated I close my eyes, take deep breaths, and tell myself, “Everything will be okay.” If I know he’s not busy I’ll call my s/o because we know that we can rant to each other and we don’t judge each other. I also like to burn some incense or candles.

kendra
        Participant

Oh yes! Nothing like a good rant sometimes. If the frustration is something you can find relief from ranting/venting about, then by all mean, I think that’s the best way to relief. It’s therapeutic just getting it out and telling a loved one “I absolutely can’t f’ing stand this place anymore….” Okay, a little animated, but I feel ya! My SO is also perfect for ranting to/with. He often joins in with me! Lol. It really can be helpful to just tell someone how you feel. I’m telling you, sometimes it’s actually an enjoyable experience, if you feel better afterwards. 😉 Glad you mentioned that one as a source for relieving frustration, Danae.

There’s also exercise. If my mind is spinning with frustrations (especially those that build up over the day and just get worse), it can sometimes help to just exercise myself out. Tiring yourself down can help settle your mind.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I try a meditation technique that my therapist taught me. Also smoking. Not good for me but it helps. Lol

kendra
      Participant

Just now finding a technique that actually works for me! It’s meditation. I hated the thought of that at first because it sounded so… dreadful. Then again, so did yoga, but I’ve been incorporating them both into my life (small amounts at a time) and am finding relief. I have something called misophonia or “4S” or “sound sensitivity,” and it often means I’m hair-pulling frustrated on and off depending on noise people make. Very tough to live with this kind of frustration, plus finding myself with some less-than pleasant feelings of depression lately meant that I absolutely had to find a way to get relief. The meditation (even if I only get 5 minutes a day) has been incredibly useful!

Also, I crochet and find that to be quite a therapeutic hobby. I really didn’t think any of these things would ever be something I found myself doing or benefiting from. I am typically a high-strung and tense person, so I surprised myself. There are certain weeks of each month that the frustration come so easily that I can’t even hardly stand to be awake. Lol. But, things are improving. I’m also keeping up with using positive affirmations to help with it all.

jkct01
      Participant

Nothing. I just swallow it inside.

shaloowalia
      Participant

i take deep long breaths and meditate

TAlberts
      Participant

I drink my creamy mug of tea and think of a positive way to overcome my frustrations.

realityspeaks
      Participant

I try and mellow down with music, its my calm down remedy.

jkct01
      Participant

It was frustrating if my junior colleagues did not follow my instructions and got the work done wrongly.

lejla1311
      Participant

I try to take a deep breathe and calm myself. But it has been quite hard lately. I hate when a person doesn’t listen to what I am saying and what I want and like to do. My hubby sometimes ignores me and then we have a problem because he doesn’t listen to me at all. He is always saying that he is tired and needs sleep. I am working online every day, I have a baby girl and I can’t remember the last time I slept whole night long, I am doing all the chores around the house and still he is tired. You see, I am frustrated now 😀

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.