First Love Never Dies??

Activity Forums General Discussion First Love Never Dies??

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  jkct01 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

xelaiehm
    Participant

I don’t believe that first love never dies. I mean, many of us experienced being in love for the first time but sometimes that didn’t last and you just totally forget it as years passed.

kendra
    Participant

I’m with you, Xelaiehm. I don’t believe the saying that your first love never dies, either. I may have at one time, but I don’t now. I do believe it’s possible that one can love someone forever, even if they split, but I don’t believe that it’s your very first one that you just won’t ever be able to stop loving. I think that all just depends on how much love you have for a person, how bonded you were, etc. I know that if my S/O & I who’ve been together for 8 years ever split up, I highly doubt I could ever stop having love for him. I also don’t think I could ever love another person romantically like this. It’s very odd! Never thought that could be possible.

But no, I don’t think the first love thing is always true for every person.

xelaiehm
      Participant

That’s so true @kendra ! It still depends on the love you have invested for the person. Either it’s your first, second or your last. Whether you have spent your life with someone for months or years it doesn’t matter for as long as you know in your heart how much you love that person. So it is not really the first love that never dies. Maybe it’s true love that never dies.

jsnitz08
    Participant

Maybe it is true and that “First Love” you had was really just a “First Lust”. If you were truly “in Love” then both of you would’ve tried to make it work. Of course, if only one of you was in “love” and the other wasn’t, thats another reason why it didnt work. Most likely it was probably just “lust”

xelaiehm
      Participant

I think so @jsnitz08 maybe it is just lust so it didn’t last. Love is a big word that has a deeper meaning and once you’ve felt it you will have that courage to fight for it. And that is I think that does not die and not necessarily the first love.

SadieMarie
    Participant

I believe that it does die. Everything magical has a special place in your heart but the love is no longer there.

xelaiehm
      Participant

I also believe the same @sadiemarie You may still remember your first love but the old feeling will no longer be felt anymore.

jsnitz08
      Participant

Exactly the point! I still remember My first so-called love. Heck, we’re still friends that live on the opposite side of the world… We both moved on, he’s married now, and I’m getting married. Even though we may have said “I love you”, I don’t think we were in the right place and really meant it. If so, we would’ve held on and made it last. Which is why it wasn’t “love”. True love does last, and if it doesn’t, then it wasn’t true love.

Pegasus
    Participant

My husband is my first love. I will say though that he is different now than the boy I first was in love with so I do still love that boy, but the man I love now is not him. If any of that made sense

Danae
    Participant

I still care for my first love, but not in the romantic sense. Sometimes I wonder how he is doing these days. I am still getting over some feelings of guilt on my part. He was my first love, but not the true love of my life.

Kimberly Brown
    Participant

I am in love with my first love and my love has never changed for him. It has only grown stronger.

Brooke
    Participant

I think it is a different feeling, and a different way of falling out of love. I don’t believe that saying either though. It took me a really long time to move on from my first. I still occasionally think of him, but it’s part of the past. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to see him, but probably not a good idea.

Zacc
    Participant

It doe to some extent but if the two people spend more time together, it may never die. The more time you are together the bonds become stronger. I always avoid people when I don’t want to be in a relationship with them. It works.
    I have managed to avoid all my ex girlfriends and the feelings faded away with time.

Gil Guerrero
    Participant

I think it just becomes different but not love anymore. It’s true maybe you’ll always care for the other person if you had a good termination, but it turns just into a nice memory and a person who will always have a spot in your heart, but as love it does die. That’s for sure!

xelaiehm
    Participant

Thanks for your share of ideas. I also agree with @zacc there maybe some whom you spent and thought your first love will be your last so you keep that person and you spend much time with him. But when you both realized you were not meant to be you may broke up and as years passed the feelings may still be there. But like what @gil_guerrero said it may be different as before. You may still care but not to the extent of having romantic feelings or the same feelings as before.

Stephanie C
    Participant

I have to agree that a first love never dies… I married my first love, and we’re celebrating our ten year anniversary in just few weeks. He’s amazing 🙂

xelaiehm
      Participant

that’s good to know! 😉 you’re lucky you have ended up with your first love 😉

jkct01
    Participant

First love is always special that is why it is hard to forget.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.