Finding Old Friends from Other Sites

Activity Forums General Discussion Finding Old Friends from Other Sites

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

With the doors of BlogJob now open to new users again, there are a lot of members arriving who will be looking for old friends. You may have known members of our community from MyLot, Epinions, Bubblews, Persona Paper, or some other writing site.

Are you looking for old friends? Why not introduce yourselves here and mention some of your previous online experiences! I’ll go first:

I’m Kyla and I generally go by Ruby3881. I started writing in communities with Epinions, years ago. But I consider my real beginning to have been when I joined Associated Content, which later became Yahoo Contributor Network. I also wrote on a number of other sites, including Bubblews, Persona Paper, WritEdge and Daily Two Cents, Elite Visitors, and several others. Now I belong to MyLot, and I do most of my blog writing here at BlogJob.

I am a wife and mom to four beautiful children. I love to write about a whole bunch of topics, including writing and languages, frugal living, food, gardening, herbal medicines, social justice, special needs, Pagan religion, and current events.

I am open to new friendships with folks who have something of substance to say. I’m not interested in those who are simply collecting friends or whose content is mostly advertising. If you’re a real person who wants real interaction, show me that. I’ll probably want to be your friend πŸ™‚

angie10
      Participant

It would definitely be great to see some of my friends here. But having said that, I’ve only been working online for just under 2 years, so I don’t have nearly as many friends as some of you guys.

metsrock69
      Participant

Hello, I am Tony. I am known in the web world as metsrock69. I have used this name for almost 20 years but when you see me on websites such as this, You will see that name. I have been married for over 25 years and have a couple of kids and grandkids. My hobbies are sports collecting and internet.I hope to meet some more nice friends on here as I have met a few already.

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

Hi again, Tony! I know you’re also on MyLot, but are there other similar sites where folks might have met you before?

rextrulove

@ruby3881, I’ve also seen a number of people here from Helium. πŸ™‚ Anyone who wrote at Helium probably recognizes my name.

Nana
      Participant

Barbara I know you from bubblews I’m Nana everywhere

It is so wonderful, there are people here that I have not interacted with in some time. I am loving see all the wonderful people here.

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

It’s a lot of fun watching all the new folks come in and find each other πŸ™‚

Coral Levang
      Participant

Hello to all!

I have been online since December 2008 for “writing/blogging” sites, my first being Associated Content (AC). I found out that I had things that people wanted to read, and I accepted projects that were used across the internet. I was so shocked to be paid for writing several articles that gave me $10 to $25 for writing them, and then (in certain cases) for the readership they generated from around the world. AC was then bought by Yahoo, and I wrote on the Yahoo! Contributors’ Network (Y!CN) with featured articles, as well as my own ideas.

Once the site announced it was closing, I found Bubblews, and was there for two years, before I pretty much left because of the lies I was told by management team, and I had a gut feeling things would go south. I signed up on a couple of other sites, but did not use them, until I found Persona Paper (PP). It became “home,” and I am still there, though the site is in limbo and not much activity.

I have articles out there still on Examiner, and I joined myLot and have used it while awaiting this site to open up to new users again. I am glad to find friends from PP here.

I have signed up on many other sites, including: Tsu, Zemandi, and more, but haven’t done anything with any of them. I could not tell you if they are even still active.

I also have one blog that I have not kept up with recently. Perhaps, this site, and how it seems to work, will give me the shot in the arm that I need to blog, developing new topics of writing.

Wherever I have written, I use my real name, Coral Levang, as my writing name (CoralLevang).
      It is great to see so many from the AC/Y!CN days, and from PP, and I look forward to getting back to doing some real writing again.

gina145
      Participant

I’m Gina. I go by the name Gina145 on all the sites I use. Currently my main activity is at BlogJob and myLot, though I write the occasional comment at ChatAbout. I also have a few articles at HubPages but I’m not very active there. I’ve got accounts at a few other sites that I rarely visit, and like most of you I was once at Bubblews.

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

I bet you’re seeing lots of folks from all the old sites, these last few days!

blueberry
      Participant

Nice to meet all of you, great writers and bloggers!

Though I am not new here at BlogJob anymore, let me also introduce myself. I started my freelancing writing career first at Bubblews with also the name of Blueberry. I don’t know what’s with Blueberry though but I think the name sound’s so sweet so I always go with the name blueberry lol. I’ve been also an active member of bitLanders before but left the site after a year. I also have a myLot account and go with the name of Supercrackers. But most of my time is being spent here at BlogJob. And I am loving my eight months stay here. So far BlogJob is the most stable place to be. I do write about life stories, experiences, some life tips, life advice. Hoping to be friends with all of you!

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

BlogJob is very stable, that’s true. I wanted to ask you, what is your sister’s username?

josefina
      Participant

I’m also an ex-bubbler. Now I write for myLot which I only join recently. Like many former Bubblews members, I was able to save most of my Bubblews articles. I was wondering if I can make a blog and re-post some of the longer articles here? Will it violate TOS? Thanks

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

Sheridan says that if the content is no longer on any other site (make sure it wasn’t plagiarized anywhere, because that happens!) and preferably it’s no longer indexed on Google, you can migrate content to a blog here. You just need to make sure the content meets the standards here πŸ™‚

Reblogging from sites that are no longer running (e.g. Bubblews)

TAlberts
        Participant

Hi @josefina! ItΒ΄s nice to see you here.

Diya
      Participant

It is really amazing finding old friends on other sites.

dawnwriter
      Participant

So many familiar faces and names. It is so good to see you all here. Some “homes” may have been temporary but each and every one has strengthened our friendship and served a great purpose by bringing people from all corners of the world together.

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

Very well put! I like to think that our community is a little like a really loose gypsy caravan. Sometimes a few of us branch off one way, and maybe we meet new friends for our little family. Other times we all meet back up and celebrate our reunion. Always, our friendship remains constant πŸ™‚

shaloowalia
      Participant

I have been on bubblews, hubpages and forum coin. I have found many friends from those sites here.

LuckyStar
      Participant

hi, I’m new here! I write in Bitlanders it is like a social media and it has a category for blogging. I have been there for 8 months now.

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

I thought BitLanders was a gaming-oriented site. You can write there?

thisnthat
      Participant

This is a good reason for me to use a consistent user name.

I have the same one here as I have on Forum Coin and The Forum Wheel.

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

I just recognized you by the name, but because of MyLot! I’ve just started hearing about Forum Coin this week. I’d love it if you tell us a bit about the site πŸ™‚

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

I haven’t done an A-Z challenge in a long time! I actually have an unfinished one from Bubbs that I should try to migrate and complete….

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

I never did Gather, but I know a few who did. What was it like?

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.