Embedding videos

Activity Forums Website Design Embedding videos

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

One of my blogs is about the music I listen to and the feelings I have about it… so I would like to be able to embed youtube links. I’ve used wordpress before, but the usual technique for embedding videos doesn’t seem to work here. Is that a feature we’re going to be able to have here on BlogJob?

Jessica
      Participant

Amalthea, I’m in the same boat as you. I can post a clickable link to the movie trailers I want to share with everyone, but I can’t embed the video itself. Is the usual way of embedding to type a specific code used for easy embedding? I was going to check the website FAQs to see if that’s the thing I’m missing for video embeds unless you’ve learned that way doesn’t work.

Admin
      Participant

If you want to embed a youtube video all you have to do is paste the link to the video in the post and publish it. @jessica I have corrected your latest blog post to show the video as embedded.

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

Yep, just posting the link works. I think if you want to use the embed code from the websites, you have to use the Embedly plugin, right, @Sheridan?

Admin
      Participant

@amalthea_hustles Not exactly. The embedly plugin allows you to easily embed things from other websites such as Justin.tv, SoundCloud and Flickr for example. Here’s a link that shows the different sites that embedly works with.

jsnitz08
        Participant

ohhh… thanks for sharing @Sheridan!

Dick
        Participant

Now I understand, will try in my next post

kendra
      Participant

Thanks for sharing this info, Sheridan. And thank you for posting it. Very useful!

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I am going to embed some videos later in my blogs. i think it will be a ton of fun to make videos and write about them in my blogs.

Zacc
      Participant

What about embedding videos from a earn per view source?

henry
      Participant

I wish I was around to participate in this topic too

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I finally figured out how to embed my video. It would not work right when I first tried.

Pamela
      Participant

This is going to be so much fun when I finally learn how to do this! I’ll be able to make my own videos, and publish them! I can’t wait to get started!

realityspeaks
      Participant

In the days ahead I will post a video/s with my post

Ross
      Participant

Does it work the same way for embedding a video on the forum here too?
      And how about when I update my wall?

SadieMarie
      Participant

I believe it does. Other users have been able to post videos from Youtube successfully on forums here. 🙂

ourad
      Participant

yes i think that

TAlberts
      Participant

Thanks for all the informations I gathered from this forum. Happy Sunday to all.

resuri
      Participant

This is a great help. I am going to embed a video on my blogs

TAlberts
      Participant

One of these days I will show you some of my videos from my you tube channel.

TAlberts
      Participant

I have just embedded a you tube video about eyelash extensions in my new blog and it was easy. Just upload the video by adding the URL of the video you want to add to “Add Media”. That´s it.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.