Eating Bugs and Insects

Activity Forums General Discussion Eating Bugs and Insects

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author

jkct01
      Participant

What do you think about bugs and insects as food?

nerdieeds
      Participant

I think it is okay.
      There is a place in the Philippines that serve a Crickets as part of their Cuisine. I think it is delicious. I have not tried it but based off the videos I have seen on Youtube people are enjoying the juicy little creatures.

jkct01
        Participant

I feel the same. Bugs and insects are protein rich food.

jkct01
      Participant

Entomophagy means human consumption of insects as food.

jkct01
      Participant

eating of insects as food is common in many cultures.

jkct01
      Participant

In some parts of Thailand eating insect is a normal practice.

TAlberts
      Participant

Yikes! I better eat grass. My father already called me an “eating grass Filipina” whenever I went home. LOL! I don´t mind.

jkct01
      Participant

I am also not used to eating insects but I think it is just like we eating crabs or prawns. Just a matter of perception I guess. Close the eyes and just chew without knowing what it is, it will turn out fine.

lejla1311
      Participant

I know that eating bugs and insects is normal in some cultres and countries, but honestly I would never try them no matter what. I don’t like to see them moving around and I can’t even think of eating them. Gross!

kendralala
      Participant

I am from the Philippines but in our locality, those aren’t edible. I can’t imagine myself eating those kinds of creatures. I don’t even eat some other ordinary food.

iyanpol12
      Participant

Sorry but I will never eat bugs or insects.

jkct01
      Participant

Eating insects may be the way to solve the lack of food problem.

cgalavia
      Participant

I can’t bear to eat those little insects…

marygoround
      Participant

aww and how about you found some insects in a rice cooke??? how about with ants???

jkct01
      Participant

It is like the animal internal organs, it is treated as delicacies in Asia but may not be so in other parts of the world.

Maricel
      Participant

OMG I will never try to eat that bugs and insects I know there are people who eat that but not my genre my friend.

jkct01
        Participant

I can understand that. It is a big psychology gap to cross. I had to force myself to try when I visited Thailand.

snaiserian
      Participant

It would depend on the circumstances surrounding me at that very moment, i may not have any other choice but to eat the bug but generally now for me eating a bug or an insect is a No though in our country there are some communities that eat the insects that are found on an ant-hill and they really like coming out when its raining, some people eat them alive they say its very delicious.

Omison
      Participant

In Samoa, they’re currently harvesting a seas worm called “Palolo” it comes out once a year in October and is labelled Samoan caviar…I grew up on that stuff! YUMMY!

jkct01
        Participant

Interesting! Can you describe how does it taste like?

realityspeaks
      Participant

I wouldn’t mind a few crispy deep fried insects on my fruit salad with ice cream.

jkct01
        Participant

You are a daring person!

Jeanette Hall
      Participant

People all over the world eat them as their food. Why should we be any different? Have eaten a chocolate covered grasshopper before! Wouldn’t recommend it. Local McDonalds used to add earth worms to their hamburgers when I was little (they stopped once the public got wind of the practice). No one got sick from it. Have heard that meal worms may be the answer to world hunger problem, but have not tried eating any myself.

jkct01
        Participant

LOL! MacWorm would be a hot selling item! 🙂

peachpurple
      Participant

@jkct01 isn’t it dirty and full of bacteria when one swallow an insect?

jkct01
        Participant

When you eat fish or poultry you don’t eat it raw with feathers and fish scales. Surely if it is for food, it has to be prepared accordingly.

peachpurple
      Participant

oh boy my hair is standing up now

jkct01
        Participant

It is the same as eating eggs which is basically embryos.

dinuka
      Participant

Not a fan. But I know people do that. It’s a really normal thing to them.

jkct01
        Participant

Yes, a matter of culture, tradition and perception, and in the end, I suspect, a need.

jkct01
      Participant

So far the only insect I have eaten is fried meal worm which tasts like shrimp.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

They are indeed yummy foods from province but I haven’t tasted anything like that. I would not want to either, not now, not really now.

jkct01
        Participant

It is kind of yukky for people who are not used to eating it – I went thru the process myself 🙂

jkct01
      Participant

I have never had snails – I guess the taste is like oysters.

jkct01
      Participant

To be edible by the humans, all food need to be clean and disease free.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.