Earnings on Hubpages

Activity Forums Blog Monetization Earnings on Hubpages

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 37 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Jyothi 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

shaloowalia
    Participant

I have close to 92 published hubs on hubpages but the earnings are negligible. Is it worth spending time and efforts on hubpages?

TAlberts
    Participant

Wow! You have written a lot. I have only 103 hubs and I am almost 6 years there. For me, it’s worth spending the time and effort. These last few years, I have not written a lot in HP but I will be doing so when I have a lot of time.

peachpurple
    Participant

how long you had been at hubpages?

Honestly, I had been writing for hubpages for 6 years as https://blogjob.com/members/thelme55/ did.

I have 132 hubs, my profile score dropped to 78

Thought the earning per month is worst than here, I would still keep them there, because I don’t write hubs often, maybe once a month

shaloowalia
      Participant

@peachpurple I have been around for a year but I have been actively writing only for last 4-5 months.

shaloowalia
    Participant

@TAlberts I like the community at HP but the earnings are dismal.

shaloowalia
    Participant

@manasi ihave adsense approved for hubpages only.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

Is earning from Hubpages needs an Adsense account?

shaloowalia
      Participant

@Grecy Garcia Yes. But you can get adsense approved for hubpages easily after writing 12-15 articles.

blueberry
    Participant

Was planning to write for HubPages before. Glad I didn’t get any time to do so. I mean, I can’t possibly focus on a lot of things at once.

shaloowalia
    Participant

I am still continuing on HubPages because of the feedback I receive on my poetry. It helps me in improving my writing and motivates to write more.

gina145
      Participant

@shaloowalia If it’s working for you that’s great. For some reason I’ve just never been able to find the right audience for what I write at HubPages. Of course I might have done better if I’d put more effort into it, but for now I’m focusing most of my efforts on BlogJob.

shaloowalia
    Participant

@gina145 In terms of earnings, hubpages is definitely not working for me.

gina145
      Participant

@shaloowalia I’m sorry to hear that, but sometimes other things are important too. At least you’re getting some benefit out of HubPages. I don’t really feel like I am. Most of my Hubs aren’t even featured any more and I can’t be bothered to try to improve them. I guess it’s time to delete those and see if I can reuse some of the content elsewhere.

shaloowalia
    Participant

@gina145 In fact, I am planning to start a new personal blog and may be I will shift my hubpages content once it gets established. Let’s see how things turn out!

gina145
      Participant

@shaloowalia Good luck. I hope that works well for you. I’m not brave enough to try something like that right now, but maybe if I get my life more organised I’ll try the same in the future.

shaloowalia
    Participant

@gina145 thanks! I have recently launched my astrology and tarot reading website and I will move my astrology and tarot related hubs on the site soon.

realityspeaks
    Participant

I haven’t been active on Hubpages, will have a look.

suni51
    Participant

I had close to 400 on hubpages once even when I had nothing to earn from that site but for the fun of interaction and posting India related articles with my own images/pictures. I have almost left the site now as all my old friends have gone.

shaloowalia
    Participant

@suni51 staying in touch with the fellow hubbers is the only reason i am still active there.

DW Davis
    Participant

I have written a couple of dozen hubs on Hub pages over the last year, but the earnings are so small I find it hard to motivate myself to continue. If you are willing and able to put in the time to post two or three well designed and written posts a week, spend time in the forums, and make a lot of connections, you might be able to make it worth it. I do not currently have that kind of time.

Mely
    Participant

Good for you guys, I haven’t joined Hubpages.

Cynthia Owens
    Participant

I haven’t written anything new there in well over 2 years, but about once a year I do get a payout.

shaloowalia
    Participant

Same here! Now I am focusing on my own websites rather than writing for hubpages. Once I get adsense approved, I might remove all my articles from hubpages and shift them to my own website.

hangmen13
    Participant

Signed up for a Hubpages account awhile ago. Haven’t started anything yet, though my real reason for signing up is to redirect traffic to my Blogjob site instead. Hope that won’t break Hubpages TOS.

Super Spy
    Participant

I stopped writing on HubPages, but I still check my page as it does provide some good SEO for my author name. It does require work to promote and also keep an eye on your hubs, so I stopped because it was taking so long to add a video, poll or whatever to get it passed and also to increase your hub score. Too much effort for not much return.

Jyothi
      Participant

You may be passive income when you share it to the public and social media of your old posts.

TAlberts
    Participant

I am not so active in Hubpages these last few months but I regularly visit my hubs. Gladfully all my hubs are featured and 2 of my hubs are moved to the new niche Hubpages sites. 😀

Rona
    Participant

Well i dont have a hubpage account. And seriously i am wondering where i am when bubblews was arround. All the people here and mylot always mention it.

Jyothi
    Participant

OMG you submitted lot many posts, good but I don’t think you get fast payments from there,

gina145
    Participant

@barbrad Sad to say reading you comment makes me feel better about my own lack of success at HubPages. I’ve never come even close to publishing a hundred hubs because it never seemed worth the effort. Maybe if I’d discovered the site sooner it would have been different, but I was still new there when I discovered Bubblews, and that seemed a much easier way to earn money.

gina145
    Participant

I don’t think I’d have tried anything new if things had gone wrong at Bubblews either. As it is I seem to have tried putting my eggs into too many baskets and often forget to focus on what’s working best.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.