Dystychiphobia- fear of accidents; do you suffer from this fear?

Activity Forums General Discussion Dystychiphobia- fear of accidents; do you suffer from this fear?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

henry
      Participant

Dystychiphobics usually fear the consequences of the accident caused by them. in case of road accident; deaths and injuries to the victims, permanent disability etc.

Does this kind of fear bother you a lot?

shaloowalia
      Participant

i suffer from fear of heights

jkct01
        Participant

Me too!

misswulans
      Participant

I had an accident in the year 2012, had surgery and bedrested for few months to completely recover. And then when I just recovered I went to work alone, but on the way to work I witnessed a scary accident in front of me. Ever since I have this fear of accidents.

jkct01
        Participant

I hope it is better now.

misswulans
        Participant

Thanks, I drive by myself once a week and on the other days I always have somebody driving for me to go to work or somewhere else

Jessica
      Participant

It’s weird because I am terrified of accidents but at the same time I don’t think much about them. That sounds really contradictory, so let me attempt to explain. I have a tendency to think about the worst-case scenario for every situation. I could immediately tell you what could go wrong for anything. That’s why I’m terrified of accidents. On the other hand, I handle anything that actually happens in the moment before dwelling on it.

For example, one evening, maybe five months after I got my braces off, I slammed my face on our basement floor and broke my teeth (like, lots of blood, a thick injured lip where I bit down on it, teeth that were loose to the point they could fall out, and of course all the hard work of the braces gone forever). It was traumatic. My mom and I took care of all the blood on the basement floor and I gargled with salt water to stop the bleeding as much as possible. I avoided playing with my teeth to keep them intact, while considering that if anything bad happened and I lost them, I could get implants or dentures or whatever was available in our area. I am obviously more careful about activities that can cause mouth and teeth injuries, but I don’t focus on it every day of my life. Oh, and by the way, my smile is messed up but I still have all my teeth.

I should really blog about this topic. Excellent question!

jkct01
        Participant

It shows that you are a thoughtful person.

jkct01
      Participant

I did not know this until now. I guess the fear is in all of us.

realityspeaks
      Participant

I don’t have this fear. However, I do have the fear of heights, but I like to overcome that fear by bungee jumping occasionally.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.