Drafts

Activity Forums Writing Content Drafts

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author

SadieMarie
      Participant

Do you ever write a draft ahead of time then publish it later?

Arthur Chappell
      Participant

I write my articles in Word and cut/paste them in once I’m happy with them.

angie10
        Participant

That’s exactly what I do, too @Arthur Chappell. Otherwise I find I make a lot more mistakes.

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

No, I do not prepare draft.I write article in Ms Word and cut, paste.

SadieMarie
      Participant

Sometimes I do that as well. Do you guys like to edit & revise your blog posts before publishing them? Sometimes I will do that but not always.

angie10
        Participant

Oh yes, @Sadiemarie….I ALWAYS have to read and re-read, tweak and fine tune before I submit my final article. But I sometimes read back once the articles have been submitted and will still find a few errors….grrr!

aveyarrum
      Participant

I check my work, but my blogs are more spontaneous. When writing articles for my clients, I am much more sensitive to the subject and presentation.

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

Sometimes I enjoy writing direct on the page of the site.

realityspeaks
      Participant

I know the draft feature is rather useful on writing sites, I seldom like to keep my articles in drafts to post later.

angie10
        Participant

@realityspeaks….I also don’t like that feature, actually. When I spoke of drafts before, I meant my own, on my desktop.

priscillaking
      Participant

Sometimes I write something spontaneously as a reaction to something I’ve seen on the’Net. Sometimes I write a draft at home, save it to my modem-free computer, then before I can upload and download I write a (usually better) version of the same thing while online. Sometimes I upload and download things I’ve written at home…have a substantial backlog of those. For better paid jobs I even draft things on paper and retype them.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I usually do it if I run out of points for the day & still feel like blogging some more.

peachpurple
      Participant

yes, I always write in drafts, ms word and then post them here

cgalavia
      Participant

I am also in MS then cut and paste..

Danny
      Participant

I used to do it in Word, but now I directly write and publish immediately.

cessy08
      Participant

I keep a few posts in draft and publish it if in case I know that I won’t be able to go online on that day. Or I set the schedule when I want the post to be published.

angie10
      Participant

Yes, that’s exactly what I do! I ‘sketch’ in a word document, and sometimes have 1-3 drafts before I publish my work on here. I like to read and re-read my articles to ensure that I have as few typos as possible. I could never just write post a first draft here.

peachpurple
      Participant

i found that writing in drafts reminds me I have blogs to write, rather than thinking what other ideas

Shane
      Participant

No. It only happens when there is an instant brownout.

angie10
      Participant

I find drafting helpful, because I often go back and tweak things before submitting.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

Yes I try to do this as often as possible if I have the ideas and time. It saves me some stress.

gina145
      Participant

I’ve never used the draft feature here, but I usually revise my posts a few times before publishing them and always do my best to eliminate any typos. My first draft is often written on paper because I tend to get most of my ideas when I’m away from my computer.

Once I’ve written a post I like to publish it as soon as possible so that I can turn my attention to other things.

thisnthat
      Participant

I do on occasion. I should definitely write drafts more often when I’m producing content.

I’d like to be able to set aside certain times for writing and have something waiting for me to publish it on the days that I don’t have time to write.

I also like to walk away from my work at times, and come back to view it with “fresh eyes.” That’s one reason I write drafts, so I can check them out again later, before actually publishing them.

rextrulove

@thisnthat, the only time I write drafts is when I have to go do something else. Normally, it isn’t a choice for me. However, I do know that a lot of people prefer doing drafts and coming back to proofread later.

rextrulove

I sometimes save an article as a draft, when I need to research something, find a link or get a good picture. Otherwise, the only time I do drafts is when I know that I must go do something else and return to the article later.

blueberry
      Participant

I used to write on drafts but learned it’s not that good (or maybe I, doing it wrong). What I mean is that, when you published it, it will not show on the feed. But I don’t know today. And sometimes the featured image won’t show on G+.

shaloowalia
      Participant

I write and publish instantly after reviewing it.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.