Do you write for fun or to make money?

Activity Forums Writing Content Do you write for fun or to make money?

Viewing 67 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I personally write for fun. I really like making money for it though. I like to write content that interests me and there for it makes it fun to me.

Dee
      Participant

Ah, for fun. I don’t really blog, but I do write so mhm.

Anna Fan
        Participant

Well, i think for blog job, i like to write for fun. I have my own blogs two, but im learning more about it. like making money blogging. It’s will really hard, but it’s fun though. Should learn to sell something, that may be better then

Pegasus
      Participant

Normally I write for fun. Switching over to writing on this site will be the first time I have written for money.

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

That is great besides chat about you also get paid there as well. I like both sites in my opinion.

Alex
      Participant

I write because I love it. I also write for money.

Brooke
      Participant

Both honestly. I do like to write, but I also appreciate making money from it as well.

Amber R.
      Participant

It’s definitely more fun for me. I’ve always been writing since I was little, but it’ll be nice to make some on the side money from this.

SadieMarie
        Participant

That’s awesome I started writing when I was little too.

kendra
      Participant

I think most of us writers are in it for the fun, for the most part given that it’s pretty rare to make much of anything for at least the first couple years of writing. It seems you have to work your way up through experience before you get much $ coming in, so I’d say it’s more of my passion for it than anything, but of course writing being a dream career for me (and many others here), I’d say the money becomes quite an important aspect over time. Fun first, though! Definitely fun first.

SadieMarie
      Participant

For me its a little bit of both. I love writing its definitely a passion of mine but at the same time I need the money that I make from writing.

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I really love writing now more than ever and being a stay at home mom.

Educateurself
      Participant

I write because it’s my passion and I’ve a deep interest in writing. Basically I’m addicted to writing it could be online or offline, but hey, writing gives me more motivation and I enjoy it more when I’m earning money too 🙂

Tracy L
        Participant

I’m a stay at home mom too!! Writing is a great way to stay with your kids and make a living if you know how to write. some people think its easy and that anyone can do it, but there;s a lot that goes into the process. 🙂

matt
      Participant

I am new to this site, so i am learning as i go. but i write for both, when you write for fun there is that personality that comes out. when you write for money you work harder to achieve that personality and hoping you bring money through your art.

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

Thanks for sharing everyone. I really like knowing what others think about writing.

Heather
      Participant

Pretty much in it for the fun and getting to connect to awesome people. I am a stay at home mother and it’s make me feel like I have friends I can visit with anytime day or night.

kendra
        Participant

Me too! I think my job requires so much isolation that it makes me eager to connect and meet people online (like here!) too. Also because you can always find like-minded people online, no matter how unique your likes/beliefs/goals are, there’s someone online with similarities. In our own personal worlds, we can’t always connect with people like that, in my opinion. The truth is (and this might just make me sound really pathetic LOL) some of the friendships I’ve made online are of better quality than many of my personal ones! Crazy!

Heather
        Participant

I feel the same way, I don’t click easily with people in real life. I have a couple close friends, but I’d much rather have friends online with the same similarities and mindset.

Jessica
      Participant

I choose my topics for the fun of it but I make sure that if I publicize anything, it goes on a money-making website. I love writing so much that sometimes I’ll get into this mode where I have to write or else. However, it’s important that my words have meaning in some way or other and that I’m compensated for the work I put into it. The reason I love this website in particular is that I immediately see points for my work, which I translate into money. There is a business aspect to what I write. However, I won’t write anything that’s absolutely not working for me. I have this firm idea that I will not post garbage just to make money. I take my writing seriously, even if it is fun writing.

Tuba
      Participant

I want to write for money, so can any one guide me? I want to become content, blog, ghost writer…

Tracy L
        Participant

If you want to ghost write check out hirewriters.com or zerys.com. The pay is low at first, but as you continue to write you get paid more. Some clients will even request you to write for them on a regular basis. I write regularly for 3 different clients on hirewriters- its a good way to earn steady money, but it takes about a month or so before you start seeing good money. 🙂

Sonu
      Participant

I don’t know. There are times when I don’t want to write, but I believe when wanting to make money you have to be consistent. Also, I can’t write when I am in mood to. If I force myself, I end up writing a real bad copy, which I can’t be proud of.

Gil Guerrero
      Participant

I guess I primarily do this for fun but, honestly I do it also for the dough. I mean, if you love writing and sharing things with the others, why not making some money from it? I think it’s fair! Imagine if I’ve done this with Facebook and Twitter. I guess I would be as rich as Mark Zuckerberg by now!!! (Well, maybe not that much, lol.)

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

I do think we all would be rich if we got paid on them sites. I think this site is way better than any site on the web.

xelaiehm
      Participant

i write for fun and for money 😉 practically speaking if we are sharing our own thoughts on other social media sites for free why not try to share it to the world and get paid for it? in that way we can share our thoughts and at the same time earn from it 😉

Tracy L
      Participant

I agree, writing is a lot of fun- but why not get paid for it if you can. I have 2 boys under 3 years old, writing lets me make enough so I can stay home with them. Plus, i love hearing what other people think about a topic I post.:)

Stephanie C
      Participant

I definitely do it for both. We need the extra income, but I sincerely enjoy my job as a wordsmith 🙂

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

Thanks for sharing everyone it is great to know why everyone likes to write. Keep them coming. 🙂

Emma
      Participant

I write for fun, just for the enjoyment of it. A few times I’ve tried to do sponsored posts, but I get so stressed out about them coming out perfect that the fun is sapped right out! So now I stick mostly to the “just for fun” ones! 🙂

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I am writing for fun but because I am writing, I am making money because I joined Blogjob.

cliff
      Participant

I write for fun and sharing with online world.I like earning and learning new methods and ways of maximizing my earning potential.

Pamela
      Participant

I actually do both. I write for fun, but I try to stick with engaging subjects so that I can increase followers and start making money through affiliates.

Simona Abdi
      Participant

For fun and for money too, although without enjoying to write the supposed income would be…fade or …sad.

shaloowalia
      Participant

I write for fun but if I could make extra money through writing then nothing like it!

Karen
      Participant

It is a great fun to write and it is a bonus if you will earn money for what you have written.

realityspeaks
      Participant

It’s actually fun when you make money from writing. Content is king, and unique content always finds visitors. Earning passive income on few sites is lot more fun than receiving an upfront payment. The money is a mere trickle, but it keeps coming.

Jah Verana
      Participant

I do prefer writing with fun as well as have an interest on it… earning or not.. I do really have daily journals. But why not choose those you earn while writing?

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

I write simply for fun. It is my hobby in particular.

Nathaniel Hammel
      Participant

I do both way. I am a Writer by heart and love words that can flow from me to computer or paper.

Writing makes me dig deep for my creativity.

As I mentioned before, I write for both reasons.

The money side, when I write for it, it becomes hard to be creative, and writers block kicks in majorly. I don’t know why, but I am geussing that it is because it is more of a deadline type thing. You have to write a lot more then just your every day writing. So it can be stressing, and you fell a little bad if the day of earnings from the writings are on the low side.

I will never stop writing, and the more I keep on trucking, the better I become!

aveyarrum
      Participant

I write because I have something to share! I can’t say it is fun, but it offers me some self examination and self worth.

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

I write for fun and make share with the online world.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I do it because I need the money to survive but I also enjoy writing & sharing my thoughts & knowledge with others.

natalie
      Participant

I write for fun but earning money doing something I enjoy is definitely a motivator!

shagunK
      Participant

Writing is stress buster for me. I am an introvert, I talk easily through my writing.Earning money through writing is like icing on the cake.

Asurai Valentine
      Participant

I, like others here, write for fun. Though, I will admit, my forte is fiction. Ultimately I feel it’s always good to enable ourselves to follow our passions. We, as writers, are lucky we have an opportunity to support ourselves with our passion. Not everyone has that, sadly.

shaloowalia
      Participant

both…on my blog for fun and on writing sites for money!

angela
      Participant

Both, but really just to practice and make sure my writing skills stay sharp. I prefer a pen and paper, but I am getting used to typing!

agnesd1
      Participant

writing is an outlet that will help you being from rant or anything. I write to express my feelings and now I have learned that writing can bring you money. It is not that big but it is good.

cristiane8228
      Participant

Hello guys I really love writing to earn some money and I think that will give me very well here on this blog site

lejla1311
      Participant

I started writing because i really needed the money. Now I am writing because I really began to love doing that and of course because of the money.

Madhavan A S
      Participant

Answer does lies in the question itself. If you want to make money then you need to be good at writing otherwise if it is for fun you need not do research on that topic and right. Is that what I say is right.

peachpurple
      Participant

I write for both, money and fun to be engaged with community members

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

I write too, for both money and fun to be shared with community members.

TAlberts
      Participant

I write for fun but earning something from having fun is quite okay.

julie
      Participant

i write mainly for fun but i also write for feed back and see how can i improve my poems i do how ever have one softback book and 2 e books both available on amazon
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/Julie-Clark/e/B008TT56OY/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1442067467&sr=8-1
      if you buy one and write a review i will give you a free ebook

azaz
      Participant

I truly write for both fun and money since money is fun

azaz
      Participant

may be I can have a theory on what you’re saying.best friend erlymccheaven

azaz
      Participant

You don’t have to wait, you know. You could start writing right now. You don’t need a degree or anything best friend julie

dawnwriter
      Participant

I would love to make money from my writing but I do not have much time or skill to write for serious sites. I write to meet new people and because I find writing therapeutic and soothing.

joseph
      Participant

i am in it for the money; i have fun elsewhere like i go swimming.

Shane
      Participant

Can I choose both? I am writing for fun because making money in writing is fun.

jkct01
        Participant

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Karen Fainges
      Participant

If it’s not fun, why do it? Still, money is nice.

I’ve written items purely for the cash and they are never as good as the articles I wanted to write just because.

Susmitha Anoop
      Participant

I love writing and earning money

iyanpol12
      Participant

I write for both. I am having fun but it would be better to get paid too.

jkct01
      Participant

I write for money although I do have fun sometimes while writing.

munda23
      Participant

I want to improve my economical condition so its great place for me.

Karen Fainges
      Participant

@munda23 good luck, hopefully we can all help each other grow.

jasgal142
      Participant

Not to sound too indecisive, but I write for both fun and money. I agree with just about everyone that it can be tough to make some cash from writing, but it can be done. On the other hand, I’ve always got some labors of love hanging around.

cessy08
      Participant

I enjoy writing so I love it when I spend some of my free time writing on things I am interested with. Making money with it is a very good bonus, too!

ptrk12
      Participant

@kimberly_brown, its both for me, though for next some time, my focus would be a little more towards the money part.

Karen Fainges
      Participant

If only more things that were fun would pay money.

angie10
      Participant

We’re truly blessed to be doing something we enjoy and get paid to do it 🙂

Heart
      Participant

I write for fun, money is a bonus 🙂

Shasha
      Participant

Only for money… Nah…! I write whatever I think, not just for money as I wrote two blogs yesterday while the limit has been reached….

Shavkat
      Participant

I only write for fun. Having extra income is just a bonus for me. I just want to actively participate in this kind of site.

julie
      Participant

yes me too i really love getting my feelings out of my head and sharing them with others I write mainly christian ones but i do have about thirty not christian ones

Viewing 67 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.