Do you write differently when blogging?

Activity Forums Writing Content Do you write differently when blogging?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  cgalavia 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

thisnthat
    Participant

I know I do. When I’m writing a “real” article, I get very picky. I’ll proofread the thing to death. When I write a forum post or a blog post or something more casual, I’m not nearly as fussy with grammar. I like to maintain a more conversational tone. I don’t want to sound overly “stuffy.”

pramalkumarsamanta
    Participant

Yes, I write differently when blogging.

Karen Fainges
    Participant

I’m the same. Depends on the type of article and blog for that matter, but I tend to be more chatty in a blog.

lejla1311
    Participant

It is the same with me. When blogging I try to be more professional but also casual.I don’t want to sound strict. I try to put some funny parts that will put a smile on reader’s face. And yes I check everything through. I hate when I realize later that there is some mistake. On forum I write too fast and I often make mistakes.

blueberry
    Participant

I guess for me, it really depends on my mood. But our writing will reflect what kind of writer we are so I really am trying my best to make the most out of it.

peachpurple
    Participant

when I write for hubpages, it will be a lengthy article but when at other sites, I write shorter articles and straight from my heart

thisnthat
    Participant

I think we all develop our own writing style over time. I want my writing to be good, but I’m just not that worried about it being perfect in a casual setting. Something might be “correct” but it doesn’t feel “right” when you’re trying to write like you’re just chatting with someone. If that makes sense.

Anonymous

I’m in the casual mode when I blog. For real articles I will do more formal writing.

cgalavia
    Participant

Yes,anything that comes to my mind but most are from my daily experiences.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.