Do you wear glasses?

Activity Forums General Discussion Do you wear glasses?

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author

rextrulove

Do you wear glasses or contacts? If you do, do you wear them for everything or just some things like reading or driving?

gayathri
      Participant

I have been wearing glasses since my college days for myopia and I have been advised to wear it constantly.

rextrulove

@gayathri, it is a really good thing to do if the eye doctor said that they should be worn all the time. The only time I don’t wear mine is when I’m working at the computer or reading close up. I need new glasses and fine print is fuzzy to me.

gayathri
        Participant

I wear Progressive lenses and feel comfortable with them

Danny
      Participant

I have my eyeglasses but I rarely wear them, I’m not use to it.

rextrulove

@danny, if you can see better when you wear them, you really should. Not wearing glasses when you should can make your eyesight get worse.

gina145
        Participant

I’m not sure I agree with that @rextrulove. I need glasses for distance but at home I only wear them when I’m watching TV because I can manage without them, even if things are a bit blurry. My eyesight is a lot better now than it was when I was at school, and in those days I wore my glasses all the time. Eye muscles need exercise too, and wearing glasses all the time just makes them lazy.

rextrulove

@gina145, If I didn’t wear my glasses or contacts all the time, except for when I’m reading, there is little doubt that I’d be blind by now. The eye surgeon said as much when we spoke about my glaucoma. Forcing the eyes to try to focus when they can’t usually makes them worse.

In the case of my wife, she only wears glasses when she reads. That has made things worse. Five years ago, she could see clearly at a distance, including the TV if it was across the room, billboards, and so forth. The farther away, the better she could see. Right now, TV is a blur if it is 10 feet away, she can’t make out what the largest words on a billboard are and she can still see deer on the hill behind our house, at a distance of about 100 yards or more, but only if they move. Otherwise, it is a blur, like everything else. Her eye doctor is a different doctor than mine, but he told her the same thing; if she doesn’t wear her glasses or contacts all the time, her eyesight will get worse in a hurry. It has.

gina145
        Participant

@rextrulove Maybe it’s different for different conditions then. I only know that I’ve benefited from wearing my glasses less. But I don’t strain my eyes or force them to focus. When I go out, I wear my glasses most of the time, but I have to take them off for things like reading, eating or working on my bonsai trees.

rextrulove

@gina145, it could also be youth. Until a person gets into their 20’s, their eyes can still adapt pretty well. From the time they get in their 20’s, that flexibility starts going away, more and more with age. That is the main problem with astigmatism and why older people are more likely than younger ones to have it.

gina145
        Participant

No, @rextrulove, in my case it’s not youth. I’m in my 50s,and have been wearing glasses since I was about 14. The optometrist I went to back then said my eyes would improve with age though. As it turned out he was right because my eyes were at their worst when I was about 18, at a time when I wore my glasses all the time. It was only when I started wearing them less that my sight improved.

blueberry
      Participant

I’m not wearing any eyeglasses, I mean my vision is still okay. But my younger sister already has it. And I guess I need to be extra careful about my eyes.

rextrulove

@blueberry, just remember to have your eyes checked every few years, if at all possible.

TAlberts
      Participant

I only wear reading glasses.

rextrulove

My wife only wears reading glasses, too, @thelme55, though the doctor told her that she should wear her glasses all the time. I can’t talk her into it, because they feel uncomfortable to her. Her eyesight is getting worse and she still refuses to wear glasses.

MissyWeng
      Participant

I only wear eyeglasses every time I need to read something.

Maricel
      Participant

Yes I do wear eye glasses, I have this astigmatism and it is prescribed to me to wear this always.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

I don’t drive. I wore contact lenses for awhile but now I think it’s best to wear glasses as I get older. My eyes have too many issues anymore unfortunately.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I do wear glasses. I have a pair of bifocals and a pair for just distance I use for driving. I can see fine to read but things get slightly blurry twenty foot. I began wearing glasses in 2007, I never knew what I was missing till I could actually see.

charmingchel
      Participant

I’ve been using my eyeglasses since 5th grade. I just can’t perform my activities of daily living without it. It’s part of my life, so to speak….

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I wear glasses when working in front of my laptop, sometimes I forgot but when my eyes get strain, I rest for 20 minutes and I get back to working with glasses on.

Ross
      Participant

Ive been wearing glasees since my third grade. I need to wear it all the time. I need an eye check now as it has been more than a year and I feel I need to change my glasses.

jkct01
      Participant

I wear glasses since I was 10 years old.

thisnthat
      Participant

I mostly use reading glasses. I like to lose them though, so now I have them all over the place. I have a pair in every main room of the house now, I think.

Simona Abdi
      Participant

I wear glasses only for distance, but since childhood.

shaloowalia
      Participant

Yes, i wear glasses.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

I forgot to add that I wear them more when I go out than in the house. I wear them on top of my head in the house because I’m at the computer much of the time and can see close up here. I can’t see far away though.

peachpurple
      Participant

https://blogjob.com/members/jkct01/ oh bro, you wear glasses until now? Then your eyesight degree should be 300 and above???

jkct01
        Participant

My degree does not go deeper although I have worn for decades.

angie10
      Participant

No, i don’t and never have. I have good vision and hope it stays that way. My husband does and has since he was about 9.

Lakeyia
      Participant

I wear my glasses for everything. I just ordered a new pair of glasses actually. I like them, but contacts would cost me a lot more because my eyes are different and doing the whole exam would cost more too. I would like to try contacts one day though.

luciaanna
      Participant

@rextrulove I only wear sunglasses in summer. I do not wear glasses for reading.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Right now I am not wearing glasses because I completely forgotten about it. But sometimes when I am seeing clouds in the street, I already know that. I clean my glasses and put it on. You know what sometimes, I get headache from wearing glasses I think I need a new one.

Narayan
      Participant

I have not worn glasses ever.. and I just wish I don’t have to wear them until at least I am 40 🙂

edsamarcos
      Participant

I bought a prescription eyeglasses when I was really felt dizzy. When I consulted my doctor, she said I need an eyeglasses. I don’t wear now.

Fifi Leigh
      Participant

yeah, i have regular eyeglasses, reading glasses, and prescriptive sunglasses. i used to wear contact lens, but i havent worn them any for a while now because i am too busy and active, and i havent gone to the eye doctor to create new ones.

realityspeaks
      Participant

Not yet, but I guess few years from now I will require reading glasses.

angie10
      Participant

My husband wears glasses, I’ve tried to get him using contacts but he hates the idea of touching his eyeball!

Xaxa
      Participant

Yes, I do wear eyeglasses since I was 15 years old.

monsterjar03
      Participant

When I was still studying, I used to have one for reading purposes. Now, I don’t wear them anymore.

simplym
      Participant

No, I don’t wear contacts or eyeglasses.

Manuela Lopes
      Participant

I wear glasses since I was a child, nowadays I use contact lenses during the day, I find it quite confortable.

metsrock69
      Participant

When I was younger I wore glasses for about a year. after that nothing.Last year I bought a pair of reading glasses from the store.They helped but now I have regular reading glasses.

shaiera
      Participant

nope… i don’t wear glasses ^___^

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.