Do you think of the design?

Activity Forums Website Design Do you think of the design?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  kimdalessandro 3 years ago.

• Author

Brooke
    Participant

Do you think of the design before creating a site? Do you just do it step by step? Do you do the design as you go?

Kimberly Brown
    Participant

I do not think of the design before I create my site. I do it step by step as I create the site and go from there. I find it easier doing it that way.

Brooke
    Participant

I find it easier doing it the same way also. I took a few minutes to look through the templates offered but I didn’t go through all of them.

kendra
    Participant

Definitely never considered the visual aspects of any of my sites until after I’ve thought of my topics, what I’ll post and then created the site first. Then, once I’ve got the site set up, I begin working on the design. Never really thought much about it that part of it until after setting up, though. I guess because I’m so focused on the content I’ll want to work on that I don’t consider the visuals until after. It’s the last step, for me.

henry
    Participant

Creating websites is a new experience to me here and I will take some time to learn about it

TAlberts
    Participant

I also design as I go and change it too if I am not contented with it.

sweetmuffins
    Participant

Yup,i think if you have a nice site, readers will easily be attracted to your site once they landed there and would love to explore what’s on your site. I keep on changing the theme after publishing some blogs and I keep on customizing it.

kimdalessandro
    Participant

I create mine on a whim. I don’t think about how I want it in advance. 🙂 I usually change it many times before I’m satisfied @brooke.

TAlberts
      Participant

What do you think is the best design for a travel site here at Blogjob @kimdalessandro? I want to change the design of my Philippines site where the widgets are on the write and on the left side of the posts.

kimdalessandro
      Participant

@thelme55 – I have a good suggestion for you. Take a look at my Old Recipes blog. With that one you can choose from one, two, or three vertical columns. I use just two, but it offers many options and would be nice for a travel site. The photos will have to be inserted in the body of the post, though. The featured photo won’t show up at the very top like it does on other blogs, but it will show in the index in your right and/or left column. It’s a good way to draw people to individual posts as they’re reading the current one. You can see my photos before clicking in my section that I called ‘random ramblings’. You could place your list closer to the top where people are more likely to see it before ever clicking on the titles. See what you think.

https://blogjob.com/oldrecipes/

It has many, many options for colors and fonts too. It’s highly customizable. The name of the theme is Press Customizr.

TAlberts
      Participant

Thank you very much @kimdalessandro. That is exactly the design I want to have in my travel site. I will check your site. Your very kind to help me. Have a wonderful day 😀

kimdalessandro
      Participant

@thelme55 – You’re welcome. I thought of that one right away since it offers more than two columns. Have a great day too.

angie10
    Participant

I’ve never actually created one from scratch, but in terms of here at BlogJob; I just roll with the templates 🙂 I’m not IT savvy enough to design my own myself.

Brooke
    Participant

I occasionally change mine, but I just usually choose one that I like and is easy on the eyes.

shaloowalia
    Participant

Design is my priority. I first design the website and then add content.

Mely
    Participant

I designed first before going through.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.