Do you still buy and read newspapers?

Activity Forums General Discussion Do you still buy and read newspapers?

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

monsterjar03
      Participant

Until this day, I take my daily dose of news by buying and reading newspapers.

Do you still buy & read them or you prefer to read news online?

metsrock69
      Participant

I only buy the weekend paper. I get the coupons and with my apps,I nearly get things for Free

monsterjar03
        Participant

Another use of newspaper (coupons) On the average, how many coupons do you find inside the weekend papers?

rextrulove

I buy a newspaper only once in a while. I can’t afford it otherwise. I get news alerts, but otherwise, rely on others to let me know what is happening and getting more through research.

realityspeaks
      Participant

Yes, I love reading the newspaper. With the internet a lot of things have changed, some old fashioned ways should never change.

dawnwriter
      Participant

I cannot start my day before reading my newspaper with a mug of hot tea. I like to solve the crossword puzzle and sudoku too. So yes, we still buy and read newspapers.

monsterjar03
        Participant

We share the same early morning routine.

shaloowalia
      Participant

Yes, I do. It’s a habit- drinking morning tea and reading newspaper.

Danny
      Participant

yes, it is not yet a sunset industry

rextrulove

I find it interesting that print newspaper readership in the US has dropped off enormously in the past 10-15 years. Many smaller newspapers have gone under and stopped producing newspapers and even larger newspapers have felt the crunch. Having a very poor economy doesn’t help much, but it is something Helium.com was very aware of back when it was in operation. A lot of Helium content was purchased by newspapers because they were trying to find ways to save money and that was cheaper than paying journalists.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

No I don’t.

LuckyStar
      Participant

I prefer reading news online

monsterjar03
        Participant

Online news is more readily available. That’s understandable.

Sau Lin
      Participant

My hubby still buy newspaper and read. But I hardly read it

simplym
      Participant

I prefer to read the news online since it is more current and up to date.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Right now no, I don’t have budget for buying newspaper. If the newspaper are for free, I love to have a copy and read it while travelling.

monsterjar03
        Participant

There are free papers being distributed during early morning at some subway stations.

MommaOzzy
      Participant

Usually we get the paper from our grandparents. When we do get it, i may or may not read it. It’s just not my preference.

my husband does every day

Diya
      Participant

No dear. Not at all.

Xaxa
      Participant

sometimes 🙂

nerdieeds
      Participant

There is a great decrease of newspaper readership. I don’t buy anymore but my lady neighbor gives me newspapers that she gets from fastfood chains

suni51
      Participant

I buy 2 and get one as complementary. Your question should be do you still read newspaper? lol 🙂 I get absolutely no time to read newspapers but my wife reads them all.

Maricel
      Participant

no I am just watching news to keep me informed what is happening worldwide, and also to social media sites.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.