Do you prefer images in your background?

Activity Forums Website Design Do you prefer images in your background?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  thisnthat 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

thisnthat
    Participant

Do you enjoy themes with background images or do you find them distracting? Maybe it depends on the image and the blog. Some are subtle, so I think they work. Sometimes, the really “busy” backgrounds distract me from the content.

TAlberts
    Participant

Sometimes I like to have a background. It really depends what site I have.

lejla1311
    Participant

I like to have background. It is more appealing to the eye.

thisnthat
    Participant

I like colored backgrounds to break up the page. I just find some of the ones with images to be a little too much sometimes.

jkct01
    Participant

No, I prefer a blank background.

TAlberts
    Participant

I have seashells background in one of my sites here and it looks good.

priscillaking
    Participant

Much depends on the computer I’m using. If the computer has enough memory to display an image-heavy site smoothly, the graphics don’t bother me. Most computers don’t have enough, really, because ads and cookies eat up so much working memory. So I’m almost duplicitous…as long as a relevant image works with the computer I’m using I’ll comment on and even link to the pretty pictures, but when graphics start clogging the browser I’ll stop visiting the site; I’m more likely to read regularly if a site uses only a few, small, relevant graphics. And NO moving video or audio content.

peachpurple
    Participant

it really depends on the article posted. background images on the sides are okay but not in the middle of the article

Anonymous

I like a non distracting background.Sometimes I find free images on Pixabay.com to use on web pages. It’s an easy to use image site.

cessy08
    Participant

I prefer a blank background or something with a very light color – maybe something pastel. I find other backgrounds too loud or unprofessional looking.

iyanpol12
    Participant

It depends with the background. Sometimes, I prefer simple background like plainly white.

Omison
    Participant

It depends, if I’m in a mood for it…I have blogs with and without them…if the stock options are good I’ll go with those unless they’re absolutely hideous!

rextrulove

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. A good picture can stress what the blog is about, but it isn’t always needed.

meowanji
    Participant

It really depends on what your blog is all about. I always use cat backgrounds for my blogs haha.

Susmitha Anoop
    Participant

No, I like a blank background.

Rish
    Participant

Yes, I like a nice image for my background to make it more attractive.

TAlberts
    Participant

I have put up an Autumn background in my Expat Life site. It looks good.

thisnthat
    Participant

Nice. Autumn can be so beautiful. I love the changing colors. That sounds like a pretty background.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.