Do you prefer books or movies based upon books?

Activity Forums General Discussion Do you prefer books or movies based upon books?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

lejla1311
      Participant

I love reading books. I am quite a bookworm. But I also love to watch movies based upon the books. Although I must say that the last movie which I watched, Child 44 didn’t impress me. I read the book first and then watched the movie, and I must say that the book is much better.

The only books that managed to be the same as the movie are: Hannibal and Bridges of Madison County.

So what about you, which one do you prefer?

tinnie
      Participant

It really depends on the movie and the book. There are times when the book and the movie are equally good, but also times when one of them is just so much better. But I also feel like it depends on what you got your hands on first. Because if you fall in love with the movie version it may be hard to like the book version more or the other way around.

lejla1311
        Participant

I agree with you @tinnie . I guess it also depends on who is directing the movie and how he/she approaches the book and the movie.

angela
      Participant

Books hands down. I have yet to see a movie better than a book.

realityspeaks
      Participant

I don’t know I prefer reading the book before i watch the movie based on the book.

nerdieeds
      Participant

I prefer books. Before I started to read the Harry Potter series, I was able to see the movies. I think. I like that fact that it was not Neville who game the gillyweed to Harry Potter but it was Dobby the house elf (Book 4)

Nona
      Participant

I almost always enjoy the books better than the movies. But I’m a reader.

With the Lord of the Rings and even the Hobbit I did enjoy the movie versions a lot. Probably better than the books.

jkct01
      Participant

There are no movies that can be better than the books they are based upon. Not even one. The closest one was “Gone with the wind”, but in my opinion, the movie was just as good as the novel, and not better. Usually the movies are major disappointments as we tend to have very detailed imaginations about the story line arising from the descriptions we read in the book which we expected unrealistically the movies to recreate.

Tobi Richard
      Participant

i prefer books because it makes me create the imagery of my choice

Jeanette Hall
      Participant

Have a vivid imagination, so I prefer to read and let my imagination loose on the text! Beats any movie ever made.

beman
      Participant

I prefer books. Books are more detailed.

lejla1311
      Participant

I agree with you @Tobi and @Jeanette Hall .Imagination is very important when it comes to reading books. I also have a very vivid imagination and that is why I enjoy in books a lot.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.