Do you prefer blogging because it's less formal?

Activity Forums Writing Content Do you prefer blogging because it's less formal?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  angie10 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

thisnthat
    Participant

I’ve always enjoyed writing content, but I do enjoy blogging more due to the more relaxed atmosphere. For the most part, your writing doesn’t need to be very formal. It still needs to follow some of the formal rules, but it’s still less demanding.

MissyWeng
    Participant

For what I know, blogging is about sharing your life experiences so I guess that can be either on a formal or informal way of writing depending on the skills of a writer. Well for me, I prefer to write the informal way but still following some rules.

peachpurple
    Participant

you can say that, the blogging style at blogjob is a free style, I like best

Maricel
    Participant

I love blogging we can do whatever types of blog we want to post.

Nana
    Participant

Informal blogger here indeed

Jessica
    Participant

I admit to being more formal with my blogs than maybe I need to be. Until I have a steady job blogging is my job, so I want my work to look good for its readers. I like that if I do make some goofy typos, it’s not as big a deal as if I were writing something for a company.

angie10
    Participant

Yes, I like that about blogging. I find rigid rules that you can’t deviate from even the slightest bit, take the fun out of writing for me 🙁

suni51
    Participant

I have a mix style, I can write what comes to my mind at the time I am in move to write. It could be anything from my personal experience to whatever is going on in the society.

thisnthat
      Participant

That’s great, @suni51. It sounds like writing comes easy for you.

I love to write. Sometimes, it’s harder though. It depends on how focused I am on the work at hand.

suni51
      Participant

Actually @thisnthat when I write what’s happening around me or how I feel about a particular thing I do not have to use my mind 🙂 it comes to me naturally

angie10
      Participant

Yes, I find that too, @thisnthat….there are times when it feels easy, but sometimes it can feel hard. I find that it’s a lot easier if I know a lot about the subject. I get a bit bogged down with different ideas if I have to do a little research, even if I’m interested in the subject matter.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.