Do you post every detail of your life on Facebook?

Activity Forums Writing Content Do you post every detail of your life on Facebook?

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • Author

iyanpol12
      Participant

I noticed in some people on Facebook, many are over-sharing. They post everything they do in their lives with pictures of them posted several times a day, particularly selfie pictures.

Do you think people are over-sharing?

Karen Fainges
      Participant

Personally I wouldn’t do it but the thing about Facebook is that it is up to them. Some people I just scroll through unless it’s about something that catches my eye.

For others I read everything. Sometimes it’s just how I feel on the day.

peachpurple
      Participant

yes I noticed that many are too over bearing their personal life, risky

luciaanna
        Participant

Yes, I agree with you @peachpurple. Also I am a rather reserved person.

marygoround
        Participant

i remember that the police warned us about using the facebook.sometimes this where the suspect look for the possible victims.

misswulans
      Participant

No I don’t post every details of my life in social media, I only post tutorials and share link in my fb.
      There are many people who post everything happen in their life, perhaps they need someone to talk or want to share their moments with their friends and family who live far away from them.

shagunK
      Participant

I am not that much social to share every personal details on facebook. Mostly I use facebook for professional purposes.

TAlberts
      Participant

I don´t like those people who kept on sharing selfies of their lives smiling when in fact they don´t smile in real life. I know what I´m talking as I know some personally and I seldom saw them smiling. In real life, they don´t smile.

iyanpol12
      Participant

@shagunK same here. I think we should give ourselves privacy.

TAlberts
      Participant

I mostly use fb for sharing my blogs.

shaloowalia
      Participant

no, i don’t! i hardly share personal updates.

thisnthat
      Participant

I absolutely think they are over-sharing. I think people should take their privacy more seriously. There are too many dangers in this world to just put it all out there. I also think people need to learn that they really aren’t as interesting as they think they are for the most part. Nobody cares if you just changed your socks! No status update needed!

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

I dislike such oversharing ,this is too much.

iyanpol12
      Participant

@thisnthat yoi are right. Even the direction of their hoise, they post it. One example is instant street view.

arnela77
      Participant

I really use facebook only for job and to hear with my cousins and friends. I think that people exaggerate with posts on fb..I think it is not necessary that everyone knows what you’re doing.

jkct01
        Participant

I can know what the food that my neighbor’s cat ate last night and where they bought it from.

iyanpol12
      Participant

I couldn’t agree more @arnela77

jkct01
      Participant

It is naive to post too much details in FB.

iyanpol12
      Participant

Exactly @jkct01 . It is also exposing yourself and lose privacy.

jkct01
        Participant

Actually FB does provide privacy options for users to set who you want to share with. But many people don’t know or bother to set.

resuri
      Participant

No, I am not because it is losing your privacy but sometimes I post picture

jkct01
        Participant

It is like the public figures want to keep their profile low while the private little people want to publicize their privacy.

iyanpol12
      Participant

@resuri posting pictures is fine. But posting whatever you do or wherever you go, seems over-sharing.

jkct01
        Participant

Sometimes with such friends, it is hard not to “really” know them.

lejla1311
      Participant

I don’t use Facebook for thos ekind of things. Sometimes I post some things relevant to my life, but I don’t pdate every day my wall with all the things that I do. People can be so annoying with those posts.

blueberry
      Participant

Nope. I don’t post every detail of what’s happening in my life. It could annoy some of your friends to be honest.

jkct01
        Participant

The annoyance may actually make you think why you befriend that person in the first place.

iyanpol12
      Participant

I even saw someone taking a selfie at the restroom sitting at the toilet!

thisnthat
      Participant

How about when using Facebook and other social media sites for promoting your blogs? Do you just spam links to every new article or do you also interact with people in between?

iyanpol12
      Participant

I never shared my articles yet.

iyanpol12
      Participant

That was a good idea Rapid Blue.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I prefer not to post every detail of my personal life on FB. People who do that could have potential probs down the road.

ptrk12
      Participant

Yes, it is one thing to tour a new place and share your pictures on a beach or a hilltop, and it is another thing to eat a Pizza at a Restaurant with your family or friends and post them on the Facebook.

resuri
      Participant

Yes,many people are over sharing their photos and staus on Facebook. There are times that people fights on Facebook. Take note they fight on their Facebook walls not on private message. It is so scandalous

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

I hardly share every detail of my life on Facebook.

iyanpol12
      Participant

I often see such @resuri . They don’t just do it privately.

resuri
      Participant

@iyanpol12 Yes, those things should keep private

cgalavia
      Participant

I am a very private person.I don’t share anything but I have a friend who always brag all the things she does and what she has.

cgalavia
      Participant

@iyanpol12 Yes,it’s true there are many of them seems like their personality is like an attention seeker.I don’t like bragging anything,showing too much is like being boastful,This is just a thought of mine.

iyanpol12
      Participant

@cgalavia you’re just telling the truth. Too many people are show-off. They posts their expensive stuff, eating at a high-end restaurant and sipping a coffee at Starbucks.

cgalavia
        Participant

@iyanpol12 I guess,it’s their attitude,they are used to do it,doing it will make them happy.They have this shallow happiness or just probably seeking an attention to the others.

cessy08
      Participant

I post things on Facebook but I never do it often. I do have friends who seem to share anything she could think of so I just removed her from my newsfeed.

marygoround
      Participant

i dont post the real me on facebook.look,what do u think of this picture of mine?

iyanpol12
      Participant

hi @marygoround. Bad people used Facebook to defraud people.

Shane
      Participant

I hated posting anything in me on facebook friend. Do you have facebook by the way?

iyanpol12
      Participant

Yes I have.

kimdalessandro
      Participant

I deactivated my FB account a long time ago. I didn’t like it. I wouldn’t want to post personal things anyway.

dinuka
      Participant

Yes I agree with you. I don’t share much on Facebook. Now I am thinking about using it as a marketing tool.

iyanpol12
      Participant

@kimdalessandro I am thinking about that too.

Karen Fainges
      Participant

I keep a few different pages on Facebook so I can keep stuff for family and friends separate from my teaching stuff and separate from my writing.I even have different pages for my humour book to my vamp books. Facebook themselves actually recommend you do that.

Bharat Sharma
      Participant

I use social media ( all types) just to share my articles, and other articles from the web that I find interesting. I don’t use social media for sharing any personal detail.

Pamela
      Participant

Absolutely. I have a cousin that posts EVERYTHING that happens, and it drives me nuts. that’s actually one of the reasons I’m so rarely on facebook anymore. I do use social media, but I don’t post every single detail of my life. No one needs to know when I pee, ya know?

@iyanpol12 Sir / Ma’am. I am happy because I don’t have a facebook account.

iyanpol12
      Participant

I am a guy @fun1oriented2learning . Anyway, that might be good for you.

iyanpol12
      Participant

Hi Sandy. That’s scary. That’s the price of oversharing.

angie10
      Participant

I’m a private person, so no I don’t put my business up all over social media networks. There are some things I hold dear that I just refuse to share with the whole world 🙂

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.