Do you love holidays?

Activity Forums General Discussion Do you love holidays?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

lejla1311
      Participant

Holidays are getting closer. I love holidays because people are much warmer during holidays. Everyone is happy and we are all smiling. Gifts are also another great part of holidays 😀 So what about you, do you love holidays?

rextrulove

As I see it, there are pros and cons. On the one side, holiday season is the time people are the most stressed and get angry easily. It is also the time when more suicides are recorded than any other time of the year.

Strangely, and it almost seems contradictory, it is also the time of year when the most people embrace the spirit of giving. Even when they don’t have much money or things to give, they are more likely to donate to the needy.

What do I like about the holidays? They are a time of good food and particularly on Christmas, a time of love. Christmas is more about God than it is about us, and since God is love, the feeling of love abounds if the focus is right.

Maricel
      Participant

Yes my friend I love holidays too it is such a great feeling and everyone is happy for it.

realityspeaks
      Participant

I love holidays, I guess everybody does. I am looking forward to Christmas.

gayathri
      Participant

Who wouldn’t love holidays? From children to adults, everybody has a reason to love holidays. Children don’t have school,festivities bring good food, new clothes and gifts for them. For adults, it’s a time to relax from the regular schedule, meet their friends and relatives and enjoy. Personally for me, I can start the day late and catch up more sleep. What else is required for a holiday to be complete?

jkct01
      Participant

I love holidays. I don’t mind if everyday is a holiday.

SHOHANA
        Participant

very funny when some friends won’t mind to have holidays everyday lol

peachpurple
      Participant

I love to go to my in law house, I don’t have to do household chores and best of all, NO COOKING !!!

rextrulove

@peachpurple, in the past, every time we’ve gone to another person’s house for the holiday (a rare event), I end up working harder than if I’d stayed home. I just can’t sit back idly because I’d feel guilty and rude, so I find any way I can to help the host/hostess. I know that it is just me, but I feel that I must help and I end up more exhausted than if I’d stayed at home and we’d done it ourselves, for ourselves.

As it is, for the feasts my wife, daughter and I have, we all help in the preparation. On Christmas day when we open gifts, I also sit in the center of the floor and hand out gifts one at a time. We all wait until the person opens their gift before going to the next one, so we all get to share in the joy and happiness of each person and each gift. I’ll admit, though, that I prefer giving gifts to receiving them, so this just gives me more enjoyment.

Xavier Bage
      Participant

Yes, I love holidays. Recently, we had what we call here Puja Holidays. It is a Hindu festive occasion. It was a good tome to have fun, relax and recharge my energy. In less than two months we will have the Christmas holidays which will be a joyful time not only for Christians but also for people of other religions.

rextrulove

I think it is totally wonderful when people of other religions celebrate the birthday of Jesus. I believe that part of it is that His message of love is so universal and people love the spirit of loving.

cgalavia
      Participant

Oh yes,Everyone has a good time with their families,there’s a lot of time to enjoy.
      Christmas Season is coming and so I am excited.

rextrulove

Thankfully, we already have most of our Christmas gifts purchased and wrapped already.

Jeanette Hall
      Participant

Used to love them when we were first married. Now since he works for an evil retailing company, I hate them! He is never home anymore due to his job.

rextrulove

I know the feeling, @jeanette. Our daughter works the 26th, Thanksgiving. We’ll just have it wednesday. It is a day early, but no big deal. Since she works Thurs-Sun, it also means that she’ll be working Christmas. We’ll have the feast 2 days early and still open presents on Christmas day. 🙂

TAlberts
      Participant

Yes, of course. Who doesn´t?

nerdieeds
      Participant

I love holidays but now I am in the metro area — I will hate traffic because of rush hour shoppings and all. I should stay at home or go to work very early to avoid the rush hours.

SHOHANA
      Participant

yes i like holidays

Susmitha Anoop
      Participant

I love holidays

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.