Do you have a Facebook page specifically for your blog(s)?

Activity Forums Social Marketing Do you have a Facebook page specifically for your blog(s)?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  kendra 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

kendra
    Participant

Do ya’ll have a Facebook page you’ve created specifically for your blog(s)?

Do you think it’s important to have a Facebook page dedicated to your blog? And for those of you who do have one, does it seem to have many benefits yet? Has it increased your traffic or anything? Do your readers seem to really appreciate the Facebook page dedicated to your blog or does it just go un-used?

jsnitz08
    Participant

Nah..I never bothered making a page for my blogs. After knowing about how Facebook operates, I rarely use my page anymore, and created a “group”. Basically Facebook wants to show your friends “friends’ engagement” and not “businesses'” So Pages do not get high views…. With groups, anyone in th group will get a notification when you post.

kendra
    Participant

Thanks for sharing your input on that, JSnitz! That was useful, too. I didn’t want to waste time creating and trying to update a page if it wasn’t going to be worth it. I am an admin on another FB group page, but it’s more like a support and informational page, so it’s actually worth it in its own way. I am thinking it wouldn’t be worth it to have a page for my blog, though.

I just try to share my blog stuff on my personal Twitter account and stuff, but like you said, it does seem like a FB page could be worthless in this kind of endeavor.

xelaiehm
    Participant

Yes I do. I have my personal facebook account and for my other tasks online like blogging and joining promos and freebies. I have to separate it because I have to keep my other account public so everyone can see my posts for sharing and tagging promos which is one of the requirements when joining certain promos. While I keep my personal account private and could only be seen by my closest friends.

kendra
    Participant

Xelaiehm: That sounds like a good idea. I was considering setting up separate FB pages for my different blogs and stuff, but after the responses I got, I started thinking it probably wouldn’t be worth all the time invested in keeping all of them up. Maybe later I would. Sounds like you have yours very well set up and organized. I can see yours being useful since you share promos and stuff. People tend to be more likely to “like” or subscribe to posts/blogs of that nature.

Good luck with yours! 🙂

SadieMarie
    Participant

That is a great idea. I am strongly considering that. I really want to start sharing & promoting my blogs much more then I currently am right now.

joseph
    Participant

i dont have one but i think its good to seperate business and friendship. it can also be great since you socialize with those who share interests.

suni51
    Participant

To be very frank, NO. Your friends simply click the like button and that’s about all.

marygoround
    Participant

at this moment i dont have blogs. i have been use page whenever i want to promote my products online. 🙂

Simona Abdi
    Participant

I don’t have a separate FB account for my blogs, but maybe I should reconsider this.

pramalkumarsamanta
    Participant

I have a Facebook page but i do not maintain it.

SadieMarie
    Participant

I do not but should think about creating one or more.

shaloowalia
    Participant

yes i have…almost 900 members now on my page

lejla1311
    Participant

Yes I do. I have two blogs and for both of them I have facebook accounts.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.