Disability and deformity

Activity Forums General Discussion Disability and deformity

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Aisha Mahamat Adam
      Participant

How do you treat deformed and disabled people? And How DO YOU THINK they should be treated? Also, What do you do when you see them being made fun of?

Gil Guerrero
      Participant

I guess it’s just everything about attitude. I gotta tell you I suffered an accident almost six years ago and suffered a disability. And I decided to provoke people’s admiring instead of pity, but it’s hard. I hate when people mock people with a disability or a deformity ’cause I think they just show their lack of class and education. Usually I argue with people when they don’t respect special spots in a parking lot ’cause I can’t handle so disrespectful and ignorant actions.

kendra
      Participant

I treat them exactly as I treat anybody else, really. There is of course the thing about different personalities of every single individual, which makes it impossible to treat any person 100% identically to how you would anybody else, but I do treat everybody (no matter what) as nicely as possible. Simple as that — being kind, and being kind to everybody. As for your question about how you treat a disabled person who’s being “made fun of,” I haven’t witnessed this in my lifetime so far, so I cannot really answer. I certainly wouldn’t be a part of making fun of anybody, though.

Pegasus
      Participant

I don’t treat them any differently than anyone else, but I can tend to be overly helpful and I know that some who have a deformity or disability do not wish to be helped as they want to be self sufficient. I am just a naturally helpful person so I may offend without meaning to. I haven’t had the situation where I’ve seen someone with a disability being made fun of, but if I did I would be a defender.

SadieMarie
      Participant

With respect like anyone else.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I think they should be treated fairly and with patients. Others should be understanding and caring toward them.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.