Daily limit update

Activity Forums News and Updates Daily limit update

This topic contains 66 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  rextrulove 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Sheridan
    Participant

The daily limit for every site member has been updated to reflect the current amounts listed on the rewards page.

This has been done to encourage members to create higher quality blog posts and focus more on promoting blog posts in order to increase traffic to their sites.

Andria Perry
    Participant

No need to reply to my email, I think I sent the email the same time you made this post.

TAlberts
    Participant

I was wondering already why my limit points is decreased. Thanks for the info.

angie10
    Participant

OMG I’m glad I saw this because I was just about to email Sheridan. I thought I was being penalised for something, so this is a bit of a relief. Even though I’m not happy to lose 50 points. I wish I could increase my limit, but with other work commitments it’s almost impossible 🙁 I don’t want to do it, only to find I can’t fully commit. Quite a quandary.

deepam
    Participant

I am happy to know it is not my fault. I nearly thought, it was my fault or something.

gina145
    Participant

I was a bit disappointed to see my limit decrease, but 400 points is still more than I’m ever likely to earn in a day. I’m not one of those people who can churn out 10 posts per day, though I wish I could.

Anna Fan
    Participant

my daily limit is 100 points. How can I increase it? Anyone know?

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

I wonder why those who earned their limit the first time before the change needs to suffer from this one. Why should they just maintain their limit on the old one because they earned it anyway. It is not easy to complete a project in the first place. Just asking. Thanks

priscillaking
      Participant

@grecy095 , I’m glad to see that the points earned haven’t changed, only the limits on future points. No suffering…although less socializing.

SadieMarie
    Participant

Oh no. Mine should be at least 700 considering I spent money on the business blogger but instead it is only at 400 and it looks as though when I try to apply for other projects and click on it it says nothing found. @sheridan

Nana
    Participant

Thank you for your time and notice to let us know

SadieMarie
    Participant

I was wondering how we could possibly get enough traffic to even make much of anything. I have shared and promoted my blog sites before and only ended up making about $3 something in almost 2 years. I admit I don’t always spend tons of hours promoting it but I have in the past and I don’t make much. Would it be possible if instead of taking away our hard earned point limit if instead you had us promote and share our blog post x amount of times to even be able to earn the points for publishing a blog post as before. This should encourage all of us to get more site traffic and not punish those of us who have dedicated years and hard work to reach the point limit that we had.

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

Sadie, I’m curious as to how you arrived at the $3 figure. How many points have you been earning?

If your daily limit is 400 and you are reaching it each day, then you could reach a $100 cash out in less than a month. If you aren’t reaching it, why would you need 700 points a day?

I have been able to reach 100-150 points per day reliably (and some days I could easily earn much more) by producing quality posts and promoting them on social media, and also through interaction here in the forum, groups, and so on.

Even at the new lower ceiling of 100 points max per day, I could reach the $100 three times a year. And I know some who do!

If you are only earning $3 in two years and yet somehow got your daily limit raised to 400, something is not adding up. Either you’re bringing in page views or new visitors, and in sufficient numbers that your points should be adding up.

SadieMarie
      Participant

No I am earning $3 in 2 years from monetizing the blog. I have earned much more then that here on blogjob. My points before was 1200 per day. Since I have fibromyalgia it is hard for me to find a job that works with my illness. So I mainly work from home. I would have been making $360 per month from blogjob if I had my point limit as it was 1200 points. But now that it has been lowered to 400 a day I can only make $120 per month. Still an alright amount but not when You need the money. I was hoping to earn 1200 points or my daily limit each day and then 400 points or so on Saturday which would have allowed me to redeem $100 points so I could pay my past due electric and heating bill so it won’t be shut off this weekend. I could end up making it now in about 11 days or so but that would mean it getting shut off and they charge a high amount to get it turned back on which I would have to spend almost a month after that making enough to have it to get it restored.

SadieMarie
    Participant

I’m hoping this is just from the person hacking the site and isn’t true. :

Kyla Matton Osborne
    Participant

I hadn’t realized what was up until I read this post, because I wasn’t getting any notifications of points being added (or being over my limit.) I’ve gone down from 150 to 100 points potential in a day, and I’m sorry to say that actually means I will be less active here on BlogJob.

I write quality posts of many more than 300 words. I usually post 1-2 of these per day, backed up with research and social sharing, encouraging other users and helping them navigate the site.

I am working towards my Social Networker status, now that I’ve finally figured out that my referral code wasn’t getting added to my social shares. That will add 100 points to my daily limit. That will give me more wiggle room. Until then, I’m probably going to be participating less.

SadieMarie
      Participant

My daily point limits before was 1200 points or $12. Now it has been lowered to 400 points or $4 per day which is $120 per month instead of $360. I was going to work hard and redeem on Saturday. But since I will be able to earn 800 points less per day there is no way that is happening.

tallawah
      Participant

That is what hurts so much…I write quality … I check… I do excellent work. Yet…

Diya
    Participant

Thank you for updating us.

junebride
    Participant

gosh.. my daily limit dropped to 100… honestly, its a bit disappointing… but i cant do anything about it.

peachpurple
    Participant

Sir I don;t understand. I left new comments in forums, groups and my wall but the points did not increase at all. Why?https://blogjob.com/members/sheridan/

suni51
    Participant

I am not very sure, I don’t know what happened but I can see my daily limit is reduced a bit. I think this change has been made to adjust more members on the site.

SadieMarie
    Participant

I agree I too think I won’t be as active here. I post quality content. Share my posts and even paid several hundred dollars to join jerky direct and still my almost 2 years here and thousands of hours have been taken away. I use to be able to earn 1200 points a day and it was what I needed but now 400 and my business blogger that I worked hard for and even wrote a blog was taken away. I got many people to join this site and now this is happening. I’m being punished because of whatever reason. Such as shame. Very disappointing and I am saddened by this news. I once thought this was the best blogging site ever.

riclar143
    Participant

same here, I thought I Did violate rules

peachpurple
    Participant

Thank you sir sheridan, I understand the reason why my points had decreased from 150 to 100.

I will try to hit Social Network. Thanks

Jyothi
    Participant

It is there in my profile my daily limit is 100 points and don’t know how can i cam 100 points daily, I just posting in the wall and making friends as of now, trying to post one blog soon.

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

@jotomy Check out the “Earn Rewards” page in the “Rewards” menu above. There are lots of ways to earn points here. Of course blogging is the best! But you can still get a number of points for participating throughout the site 🙂

Welcome to BlogJob!

Sheridan
    Participant

@sadiemarie Perhaps you could consider things from my perspective for a minute. You said that you have only earned $3 from the advertisements displayed on all of your blog posts over the last two years. Well if I have the ability to monetize the same amount of ad impressions on your blogs, how much do you think I have earned in revenue from your posts compared to the amount in payments that I’ve sent you? Funds are limited and the members who make an effort to write content that attract readers will have the opportunity to earn more, because eventually the advertising revenue generated from their efforts will help support the other members on the site. If everyone posted as much content as they could just to earn points and had no concern about attracting visitors to their posts, the site would be unsustainable and it wouldn’t be able to exist for long under these conditions.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I fully understand why, because I too run a business and its all about balancing the books and payroll to incoming money.

Change is something that has to happen and most people do not like change.

My hat is off to you @sheridan for all that you do.

rextrulove

I see this as a wise move. The goal shouldn’t ever be to churn out as many articles as possible. The Internet is filled with that sort of writing and frankly, it is one reason that advertisers now pay so much less than they did 10 years ago.

A number of sites have come and gone because they had an inflated view of how much revenue they could bring in. If the business model is based on that faulty information, there simply isn’t a way to make the site sustainable. Quality trumps quantity every time and Sheridan has shown the insight and wisdom to understand this.

Actions taken haven’t at all been meant to be punitive, but rather to encourage people to focus on quality. I suppose that it could be considered punitive if a person doesn’t care about quality, sustainability and longevity, but I suspect that many of the better writers here are able to step back a little and see the bigger picture. In the end, high quality pushes the bar up, increases readership and makes search engines happy (which means yet more views).

I know that a lot of people might not be happy, but this is a move that proves that @sheridan carefully considers options and doesn’t proceed without giving it a lot of thought. Others may not share my views, but I see this as a big positive rather than being a negative.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I may get hated for this but I do see why, because I am a business owner and I know that when you balance the books and make payroll there has to be just that… Balance.

BUT I do think that it needs to be explained in layman terms what ” type of blogs” are considered quality. To tell you the truth, I am not sure if mine are good enough, although I know I do have a few stalkers 🙂

rextrulove

@andriaperry, the biggest problem with that is that there is no one-size-fits-all answer. As a rule, to be “quality”, an article must be informative, well-written (punctuation, grammar, proper English), high in seo, and about topics that people in various places in the world are interested in learning about and are searching about.

That means that personal blogs usually aren’t considered to be high quality in general, as fun as it might be to talking about ourselves and our experiences (and I still write some of this sort of posts). However, blogs that explain how to do something or about what something is are often considered to be high quality, all other things being equal.

Still, this isn’t 100% accurate. There are some celebrities who have personal blogs that are considered high quality and which get a LOT of views.

Helium actually did a study that cost several hundred thousand dollars, about this. They arrived at the conclusions I mentioned above. If I want to write quality, I don’t write about me, because someone in Calgary, Canada who doesn’t know me is probably totally uninterested. If I write about an interesting sort of frog, though, there is a good chance that the Canadian *might* be a little more interested, provided that the article is well written. LOL

Andria Perry
      Participant

Well, I reckon I better be getting on the evening news, no wait the world news so I can be one of those celebrity 🙂 Maybe I can think of something that is interesting to people that has nothing to do with me, but not frogs. LOL

rextrulove

Again, though, no one answer fits all possibilities. Some people love blogs that are more down-home and chatty. Others don’t. It is an instance where it would be great to be able to figure it out, but it isn’t likely, because everyone is different. I can only say what the studies showed.

I should mention that from what I saw, it does bear at least a little weight. When Helium banned all first person use in articles, readership nearly tripled in about 3 months. LOL

priscillaking
      Participant

@rextrulove , thanks for suggesting my second post topic for the day!

Mely
    Participant

I am so happy to learn this very important update.

Mely
    Participant

Everyone old and new will have 100 points daily limit except those already promoted in the past moths.

sweetmuffins
    Participant

How about if our soicial media accounts were connected on our sites here, that every time we post, it is automatically shared in those sites? Will that gain referred views too? Just asking. Becauae everytime i post its automatically shared to my social media site and when i share them again, it looks liks im spamming my walls already.

sweetmuffins
    Participant

How about if our soicial media accounts were connected on our sites here, that every time we post, it is automatically shared in those sites? Will that gain referred views too? Just asking. Because everytime i post its automatically shared to my social media accounts and when i share them again, it looks like im spamming my own wall already.

Anne Farmer
    Participant

Thanks for the update. I know this is somewhat off topic kind of, but how do we enable our share buttons again on our blogs so we can try to promote them? I’m not going to draw much traffic to my blogs more than likely because I’m not much of a blog writer in that respect. 🙁 I doubt this will work for me personally but good luck to us all.

Andria Perry
      Participant

@annefarmer I wrote a article on how to do this, but go to apps on your sites dashboard and click activate “super socializer” and that is all you need to do and they will show up.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

Thanks @andriaperry for the clearer explantion via your blog on that. I found out how to add them now. Really appreciate you answering my request.

loiseryan
    Participant

I just noticed that with my points deduction. Sheridan you have to do what needs to be done for your business strategy.

Maybe have a forum to discuss business strategies for this site. Maybe we can brainstorm ideas.

Are you familiar with a SWOT Analysis?

S=Strengths
    W=Weaknesses
    O=Opportunities
    T=Threats

thanks for the update. I understand, you did it.

Brooke
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation. I just now noticed it.

SadieMarie
    Participant

Yes @sheridan I fully understand what you are saying & can see your point of view. I’m sorry for that. I am trying to share my blog posts more & will try to write even better content. It did come as a surprise as I was counting on redeeming this Saturday & I wasn’t expecting it. I would imagine working on better content & sharing much more may help. I try to include keywords. Do you have any additional suggestions as to how I could possibly increase traffic in addition to those ways?

shaloowalia
    Participant

Thanks @sheridan for explaining the reason behind the move…It makes sense now.

iyanpol12
    Participant

Thanks for sharing that @andriaperry. I am gonna do that later. I used to share my blogs through copying the URL to my social media wall. I think I’m gonna do what you have said

Maricel
    Participant

I fully understand why need to encounter this, its a challenge for us to produce a informative posts, attractive posts because I believe that is very important for us bloggers and also for the site to stay longer.

ptrk12
    Participant

A bit disappointed bhaiya the decrease in daily limit. Nevertheless looking to continue with my posts especially the story series here.

Diya
    Participant

Ok

monsterjar03
    Participant

Thank you for this update.

kimdalessandro
    Participant

@sheridan – I understand completely, and I think that it was a very wise move. Earning through ads isn’t easy. People know what they are, and they don’t click. I’d like to still submit here many years from now. I’ve put countless hours of work into my blogs in the short amount of time that I’ve been here, and I wouldn’t want the site to close because of too many payouts. I love it here. I want to see the site flourish, and it would end up like the others if something didn’t change. That was always in the back of my mind, and I’m happy that you’ve taken steps to avoid serious problems. I don’t think anyone here would want to risk the site going away.

Thank you for making necessary changes instead of letting the site go up in flames like many others have. When the going gets tough, we just need to work harder and/or change our affiliate links and other methods of earning through our blogs. It’s a constant learning process because the Internet is always changing. What works today might not work tomorrow, and we have to be prepared to do something different to make it work.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

It makes me feel guilty now because all of my blogs are useless on the site. Now we need to improve our writing based on the overall comments from above. I need to work on my blogs and be actively sharing it.

rextrulove

@grecy095, that isn’t necessarily true about being worthless, because nothing is cut in stone. All of us, myself included, should strive to write better quality though. It is a worthwhile objective. Being a good writer isn’t a solid thing, it is a constant work in process and there is always more that can be done.

The best writers of all time have shared something in common; they all knew that they could become better and worked at it.

kimdalessandro
      Participant

@grecy095 – No need to feel guilty at all. It’s not in the rules that we can’t post on our daily activities. 🙂 Your blogs aren’t useless. Please, don’t feel that way. I find them interesting. I love your posts, especially those on your pets.

@andriaperry – Your posts are interesting too. 🙂 I love your topics.

All of our posts are valuable. I’ll make it a point to share them more often on social media. We can all do that. It’s easy enough with the share buttons. I’m going to set a goal each day to share the work of others.

edsamarcos
    Participant

We should all be accountable for all of our acts.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

@rextrulove that is very inspiring one. You lift me up.

Pinay Blogger
    Participant

@iyanpol12 @andriaperry don’t forget customizing permalink

Go to Dashboard…Plugins… Activate Super Socializer…

Then go to
    Settings…Permalinks…select Custom Structure then at the end of / add ?ref=pinayblogger
    Save Changes 👍😊

In order to receive points for referred visitors.

Mely
    Participant

Nice info here, very important to all.

nakitakona13
    Participant

Now it is very clear. Everyone is encouraged to have a post and forum which are:
    1. Higher
    2. Quality

AS what @sheridan has pointed out here.

Fifi Leigh
    Participant

how do we promote our posts now? i just noticed the site buttons dont appear anymore.

rextrulove

@fifileigh, have you enabled Super Socializer in the dashboard of your blog(s)?

Fifi Leigh
      Participant

where is the Super Socializer under?

rextrulove

It is a separate entry on the dashboard, on the left. Note that not all themes support super socializer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.