Creative Writing vs Informative

Activity Forums General Discussion Creative Writing vs Informative

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

crodriguez

When I was young and started writing, it was all creative writing, but now that I’m older I feel like I don’t have any writing ideas that come even close to being fiction. At the same time, I kind of like it that way, because I’ve lost my interest in fiction even in my leisurely reading.

How do you guys feel about creative writing blogs?

gajohnson
      Participant

Are you talking about blogs that provide information for writers, or blogs that have actual stories, book chapters, etc. on them?

I find some of the informational blogs really helpful at times. They give some good writing tips and are useful for finding markets.

I still love reading fiction (and I write a little of it too).

Mage
        Participant

I like to mix it up…

I’ve seen more truth in fiction and more fiction in the news.

dbeck975
      Participant

I enjoy writing non-fiction. My writing is about life and current events, consider it like an ongoing commentary; similar to when you watch a DVD and there is the director’s commentary feature.

kendra
      Participant

I too tend to write more informative than creative. In fact, it’s been my biggest niche for a while now. I do sometimes miss the creative writing! I still get some pleasure of more creative writing topics, but it has been a while.

mcisper
      Participant

It would seem to me that if you are no longer interested in writing creatively and yet still have the desire to write…then write. As far as I know there are no laws and regulations stating that you once you write one way you can only write that way. I began as a poet; I still consider myself one. Now, I have written two novels which one is published, along with a short story book which is a counterpart to the mentioned published novel. Once I am done with the editing I will attempt to get back to and complete a third novel. I’ll admit that my novels are of a very adult/erotic nature. I’m just trying to say, if I wanted to write a horror book I could; or say, true stories of some of the things I have experienced as a paranormal investigator, I could do that too. Simply put, write what you want and don’t let labels stop you.

Pegasus
      Participant

I tend to definitely go more creative or conversational. I write what I think, I enjoy imagery and I know that often I can really make others picture what I’m seeing in my mind with just the words I write.

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

I actually just graduated with a degree in creative writing, so I do feel pretty competent as a creative writer, and that is my dream. However, I write more non-fiction in the form of my blogs, and always have, because I blog more than fictionalize. I take my emotions and turn them into fiction and poetry, now and then.

I’ve worked on some technical writing and article writing as well.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I mostly write information. No creative writing for me.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I’ve always wanted to try my hand at creative writing. Sounds like it could be fun.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I feel the same way. I have the creativeness before but now, since doing blog and sharing my personal stories, I cannot be creative.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.