Cooking Skills

Activity Forums General Discussion Cooking Skills

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

realityspeaks
      Participant

Are you good at cooking? You get better with cooking as you experiment. Do you experiment with ingredients when you cook?

aveyarrum
      Participant

Julia Child said that foods are like families. Just marry foods and spices to bring out the best of your main ingredient…don’t go crazy. Remember the spices are meant to enhance, not cover up the main ingredient!

realityspeaks
        Participant

Some of my Chicken stir fry dishes are mildly spicy. Yes, if the quantity of spice is too much it ruins the dish. 🙂

priscillaking
        Participant

I saw a weird one in a newspaper recently. Fish pre-seasoned with garlic, hickory smoke, and cinnamon! I know tiny pinches of each individual spice is the secret to using odd assortments of spices to create a signature flavor, but ?!?!?!

realityspeaks
        Participant

Yes, odd assortments do bring out interesting flavors.

aveyarrum
      Participant

Combine these spices in a small bowl and stir to arouse your sense of smell. You might be surprised…that is the way spice blends are created.

SadieMarie
      Participant

Sometimes I do. I tried some blue Apron my sister gave to me. Wish I had a bigger kitchen though. It would make it much easier! Lol

aveyarrum
      Participant

Good luck…stay organized and your small kitchen will become easier to use. Size doesn’t matter here!

beman
      Participant

I know the basics, that’s all. But the food I make is eatable.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.