Comment deleted, AGAIN!

Activity Forums General Discussion Comment deleted, AGAIN!

This topic contains 71 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Andria Perry 3 years ago.

• Author

Andria Perry
    Participant

I really wish people would just come out and say ” don`t comment on my posts.” and I would walk away. I took my time and I gave this person a view only for them to delete the comment I left.

I try my best to be nice and say something nice, especially since you know who quit and hurt everyones points, I dont really joke around anymore unless its someone I know, that also can joke around with me.

No I don’t know who it was yet, maybe they will grow a backbone and tell me off on my wall. Then I will kindly walk away from them. Civil.

rextrulove

@andriaperry, are you sure that they didn’t delete an entire article? Or that an article wasn’t deleted by Sheridan? Or that they are still at BlogJob?

Andria Perry
      Participant

No I cannot say that I know anything, BUT I think I know who it was and what happened, because of someone I seen and that does not know the way around. SO I mentioned it to her, just in case. I can investigate pretty good and put the puzzle together.

wolfgirl569
    Participant

Sorry to hear about that. I have only deleted a couple and they were definite spam ones. I got a point for them leaving it so dont want to delete it if I dont have too

Andria Perry
      Participant

I know what you mean, points are hard to get nowadays 🙂

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

I was like seeing this through my mobile and I really panic. Not because of someone deleted a comment, but thinking I was deleted. I know how you feel. What are you planning to do now, mention the person on a post or talk to the person on their walls.is he or she new in the site?

Andria Perry
      Participant

I talked on the wall. Don`t panic! it was just one comment. AND I will make sure not to comment on this persons posts anymore.

@andriaperry You might have noticed

Point deduction for commment removal

Right?

In that case, it means one of following things occurred

1. That post is deleted by author where you posted comment.
    2. The post considered inappropriate by @Sheridan & removed
    3. The post is intact but comment removed by author
    4. You deleted comment by mistake.
    5. You replied to another comment which was deleted.
    6. The person on whom you commented is no more on blogjob.

It is better to analyze what went wrong before deciding strategy.

Andria Perry
      Participant

Thank you for your input. ( I am making faces at the computer screen and sticking my tongue out 😛 ) Please just let me be a blond with gray, brown and red roots.

JORDANA
      Participant

Thank you for this information .This is a great help .

nerdieeds
    Participant

I also got few deductions – I can’t tell either. I am trying to backtrack all the posts I commented to, but it is a waste of time for me. So I leave it this way. I only comment on people that I know won’t delete my comments. I try my best to provide comments even if they don’t get back to me.

Andria Perry
      Participant

Me too. Like I said I am sure its from an old post from this person because they have not been on here for a long time, it was only one for me but lesson learned.

suni51
    Participant

Sounds strange! Just why would anyone would want to delete a comment that provides them a visitor and couple of points as well. I am not sure what could be the reason behind that.

Andria Perry
      Participant

This person is a nice person but I can tell that if they don’t like what it said they will delete it, happened on another site that is now not around.

Jessica
    Participant

I think I saw your post to this user. I didn’t know who she was so I could understand if her being new/not a frequent user meant she had no idea about how deleting posts means point loss. I do sympathize with @andriaperry though; We like interactions and we also like our points.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I just know her from another site, I don`t think she was here long enough to get the feel for how this community works. WE LIKE each other! And I take whatever comments I get, good or bad and it makes me better, whether I like what is said or not.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

Personally, I hate when someone deleted my comment to their posts because they don’t like it and because I think I am spamming their posts, where I know I never spam anyone. I try my best to make my comment be quality all the time. I still want to continue being like this despite some pain it brought me when it get deleted, not even sure if they are deleted on purpose though.

Andria Perry
      Participant

Since the one I befriended from that other site did as he/she did I am careful, some people are….. well you know. There is only one person that I stopped reading their posts and I am sure it did not matter to her if I did or not, she said some mean stuff about people, judging and I did not agree with that type of behavior so I walked away, or clicked away and I have never read anymore of her posts.

Anne Farmer
    Participant

I don’t understand why anyone would delete a comment. 🙁 I hardly get any on my blogs, so I would appreciate any I get!

Andria Perry
      Participant

LOL. I think this person just did not remember how things worked. I comment on your posts 🙂

loiseryan
    Participant

It just possibly could be somebody who left BlogJob. I have had points deducted when this happens. If you remember who you have replied to, see if there article is still up as well as your comment.

Andria Perry
      Participant

Oh gosh! I comment so much and talk to so many.

loiseryan
    Participant

Plus I don’t delete unless if it is SPAM and in that case I just don’t approve the message

Andria Perry
      Participant

I don’t have problems with spam, the spam catcher that is in place here catches all of them from my posts.

munda23
    Participant

I think if someone delete any comment from his post then its his or her wish we all have to accept it and if we are worried about loosing point then he or she will also loose one point for deleteing comment. And as my brother @fun1oriented2learning cleared everything so there can be any reason also.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I do accept it. I was just wondering if anyone else all of the sudden was experiencing the same thing.

I chose to interact with people and I know that its human nature for all of us not to agree.

As for me, if I get a comment that I don’t like or is negative I asked the person why they feel the way they do and I wont delete the comment. But that is just me.

blueberry
    Participant

Members count was around 2118 and now it’s at 2117. Maybe someone left and deleted their account or got their account deleted due to some reason. And maybe you have commented on that person’s account.Guessing game lol

Andria Perry
      Participant

LOL, you know I have never even looked at the member count 🙂 You may be right.

Jessica
    Participant

The only time I deleted a comment from someone was when they told me I was so stupid for having a different opinion from them. I don’t mind disagreement, but they were so disrespectful I said “Nope!”

Andria Perry
      Participant

But I love those replies because it show what a big a hole that person is, I always leave those 🙂

TAlberts
    Participant

Sorry to hear about that @andriaperry Maybe the blogger account is just deleted.

Andria Perry
      Participant

No big deal, it was just one point. I was just wanting to know if anyone else was having the same problem, seems me and @nerdieeds were the only one, thank God!

kimdalessandro
    Participant

Sorry that happened to you. I just checked mine to see if I’ve lost anything. I don’t see any deducted. It seems that when it happens to one of us it happens to more – probably because we usually have the same friends. It didn’t this time. I’ll have to try to figure out who it is. They’re probably not a friend of mine.

Andria Perry
      Participant

If its who I think it is then probably not @kimdalessandro because she was new, did not post for a long time and now is back.

kimdalessandro
    Participant

I have two missing today. It will forever remain a mystery, I guess.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I know, so what I am doing now is just sticking to my closest friends on here to leave a comment, you will always get my views and comments 🙂

realityspeaks
    Participant

Under my “Points History” it reads ‘Points deduction for deleted reply’ 6 points have been deducted. It’s quite strange. I guess whoever does not want comments… should say so.

Nana
    Participant

I woke up with 6 points deleted I want to know who this person is right now

nerdieeds
    Participant

I received another deduction, not one but four. I don’t care before but now it is kind of annoying. Why can’t this person tell me directly so I can stop going to his/her posts. It is as of I am wasting my time reading the more than 300-word post. @andriaperry I will just stick to those friends that appreciate me. I hope no more deductions for us.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

I never deleted a comment on my blog, @suni51 gave me an idea that someone’s forum was deleted. I know i have been active in one forum, that i am liking and commenting on it. Maybe that 22 points deleted on mine came from it and it is the accumulation of my points.

suni51
    Participant

I am not sure if I ever made so many comments on one post so there is just possibility that an account has been deleted that caused me loss of 5 points.

Andria Perry
      Participant

Usually its not on one post but many of someone you read often.

Anne Farmer
    Participant

Hey ya’ll are luckier than me, I had ten points deleted this morning. Not happy about that. Why do people delete things like that?

Jessica
    Participant

I am in the deleted comments club as well. It’s just two points, not a big deal, but I wish we knew more about what was deleted (like, was it on our end or their end or even Sheridan’s end).

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

Me I have 22 so this is making me nervous. Like, am I saying bye bye now. I really hope to find the answer while I am online.

Andria Perry
      Participant

Don’t be nervous, the last person that quit took over 60 of my points 🙂

wolfgirl569
    Participant

I just joined all of you this morning. 1 point deducted for a reply

rextrulove

I suspect that someone either quit or got deleted, because I just lost 36 points this morning. I refuse to worry about it, but it does make me curious about who is no longer here.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

Holey Cow, yes that is probably what happened, someone got deleted or quit. There is not other explanation for so many points missing.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I am -15 this morning. Oh well, been here and done this before.

Andria Perry
    Participant

Well, it would be nice to know what happened BUT I reckon that`ll be the mystery.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

@andriaperry I know that person and he, I mean she has become part of ranting too lol. I am glad she is not here anymore. On the other side, you know what, it is such a relief to know there are lots of us who experienced this, I am not alone, but I agree, it will be a mystery.

Andria Perry
      Participant

Yes I am glad I am not the only one 🙂 or I would have felt hated.

kimdalessandro
    Participant

Maybe we need to start a deleted comments club, chat about it some more and regain our points. 🙂 Actually, we’re doing that now.

blueberry
    Participant

I woke up this morning and got like 9 deducted points for deleted reply. Though it’s fine 😀 lol

Andria Perry
      Participant

15 here my friend 🙁 but like you said, its all good we`ll make them up.

peachpurple
    Participant

https://blogjob.com/members/andriaperry/ oh I am sorry to hear that but you are not alone, I had 1 point deleted today and believe me, I really don’t know who or what is going on either!

Andria Perry
      Participant

Since everyone has them missing, then I don’t think its someone hating on me 🙂 I bet someone deleted their account.

sweetmuffins
    Participant

Looks like most of us has deductions but honestly i didnt notice if i also have minus points. Maybe I had but didn’t saw it. Plus I don’t remember my last points before I open account. This made want to check my points every now and then.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I write my down daily but this one was big so it was a -15 as my day began. Since you are one of the newer people I am thinking it was someone from last year, maybe.

Kyla Matton Osborne
    Participant

I always use moderation on my blogs, usually with the option to allow all comments once a person has a first comment approved. This reduces the incidence of spammy comments, and it means my friends don’t have to wait for me to approve their comments.

I also approve all but the spammy/inappropriate comments. If someone disagrees respectfully, I’ll approve their comment.I only delete if the comment is abusive or comes off like advertising.

Andria Perry
    Participant

I am like you @rusty2rusty I don’t go back when I know who it is.

rextrulove

I seldom cuss about anything, @rusty2rusty (I’d be lying if I said I never did). There are so many more creative ways to get the point across, regardless of the situation, than to cuss. LOL Leave it to a writer to have a few.

Andria Perry
    Participant

I don’t even cuss 🙂 I leave a comment that usually is about that post. And yes its a waste of time.

Andria Perry
    Participant

Once an old man told me to say urine and not Piss, he said sounds nicer. One day one of the guys came into the kitchen and stuck his nasty finger in the pickle jar and I said ” You ever do that again and I`ll slap the urine out of you!” The old man nearly pissed his pants laughing 🙂

rextrulove

I got rather the same reaction when I used the term “unfinished compost”. I’ve also used “male bovine excrement”. The best part is that most people don’t have a clue what I’m talking about. 🙂 I do my best not to cuss, though, because our words echo what lays within our hearts. If our hearts are foul, the words that proceed from our mouths will be, too.

jkct01
    Participant

I can’t help to laugh when I read that. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.