Christmas shopping

Activity Forums General Discussion Christmas shopping

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

cessy08
      Participant

Christmas is around the corner and I am wondering if anybody started doing Christmas shopping already?

nerdieeds
      Participant

Nope, I haven’t. It is good idea to start Christmas shopping to avoid the rush 2 or 1 week before the season.

cessy08
        Participant

@nerdieeds: I agree, it is better to start early. Way back home, as soon as it hits December, heavy traffic is experienced usually because of people staying late around the city to attend parties and around the shopping centers to buy gifts. I started to buy a couple of items last week since there are some items on sale already. πŸ™‚

TAlberts
      Participant

No, not yet. ItΒ΄s still too early to buy something.

cessy08
        Participant

@TAlberts: Oh, I see. I usually start to buy things around September (if I have the money) or as soon as I see some items I think are perfect to give as gifts and if on sale. πŸ™‚

lejla1311
      Participant

I think it is a bit early for Christmas shopping, but every country has various customs. It is better to prepare them in time than to rush a day before the Christmas.

cessy08
        Participant

@lejla1311: I think it is just me who likes to start shopping early, if I can πŸ™‚ I find it more relaxing to buy gifts early on rather than to have a lot of people cramming to go to the shops to buy something. It also allows me to choose gifts better.

kendralala
      Participant

Not yet. I am waiting for the biggest Christmas sale and my bonus :d

cessy08
        Participant

@kendralala: Oh yeah bonus! Back at home, we have Christmas bonus but since moving to a different country, I think it is not a common practice. So to me, it doesn’t really make a difference in terms of budget.

inertia4
      Participant

I haven’t started yet, but I do know at least what my kids want for christmas. I will be starting the beginning of November.

cessy08
        Participant

@inertia4: Oh cool! Do you ask what they like before the holidays or they tell you what they want?

inertia4
        Participant

Yes I do. They are not small anymore and know the truth about Santa. I have a list from them. And my son, now a teenager, wants some pricey things. Hopefully I can fulfill everything they want.

cessy08
        Participant

@inertia4: Uh oh, I think that is the danger with teenager these days. They see the gadgets their friends have and would want the same thing! I think all parents wants the best for their kids at all times. πŸ™‚

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I think I will start my shopping at December. I will never start it now as it is hard because I have few savings.

cessy08
        Participant

@Grecy Garcia: Oh so you have to wait until the Christmas rush! Goodluck! Although, I must admit there are a lot of on sale items around that time, you can buy things cheaper.

cessy08
      Participant

@glorious1969: It is good at least you have it planned out when you will buy the gifts πŸ™‚

Omison
      Participant

I have.

Started detailing my list of naughty or nice family and friends, sometime last month…

cessy08
        Participant

@Omison: Do you keep a spreadsheet or something similar for your list?

Omison
        Participant

@cessy08 You better believe I do…there are certain things I get for about 30-40 people every year, no lie…

Shirts, shorts, hats…games..books…alcohol…then I spend the time watching these items if they ever go on sale or what not you know? I’m a bargain shopper, but I love being able to give everyone I love something for the Holidays and not just Christmas cards…

Maricel
      Participant

I have not yet doing my Christmas shopping I have no budget yet we usually do our Christmas shopping in December.

cessy08
      Participant

@Omison: Wow that’s a lot of gifts! If you are giving that much gift it is only practical to buy the items when it goes on sale. Otherwise, it will be very expensive!

cgalavia
      Participant

Nope,not yet too early and still looking for a budget,,,hehe

Omison
      Participant

@cessy08 I use to just send out cards…but when I turned 25 I quit drinking and all that saved up cash from binge drinking and partying helped foot the bill for gifts and travel…

cessy08
        Participant

@Omison: That is a very nice turn around for you. Yeah, I have a relative who go on drinking sessions with friends and he says it is a very expensive habit but really difficult to get rid off. So kudos to you for being able to do that πŸ™‚

realityspeaks
      Participant

Not yet. I need to buy some new decorations for our Christmas tree in the front yard of our ancestral home.

cessy08
        Participant

@realityspeaks: Oh yeah, it’s been a while since I had a proper Christmas tree. πŸ™‚ How often do you buy Christmas tree decors? Do you follow a color motif?

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Yes, I will buy on the Christmas rush because of not enough money, the reason is money only and its always.

Jeanette Hall
      Participant

While I was in college, started and finished my shopping in October. Got married the day after I graduated, and Christmas has never been the same.

cessy08
      Participant

@Jeanette Hall: Yeah Christmas with kids is always busy! There are always lots of things to do and before you knew it, you are behind with yous Christmas shopping!

jkct01
      Participant

Is it too early to shop?

cessy08
        Participant

@jkct01: I know of people who shop all year round and start in January. πŸ™‚ I didn’t buy a lot, but since sale season is starting already, I bought a couple of items to get started.

jkct01
        Participant

Oops, it is already October 19th today – actually it is not too early as far as Christmas shopping is concerned. The major retailers usually start their sales 1.5 – 2 months before.

peachpurple
      Participant

nope, I don’t shop anything for christmas, I handmade cards and gifts for my family and friends

cessy08
        Participant

@peachpurple: That’s nice! Sadly, I am not really artistic πŸ˜› I make some baked goodies for Christmas and I give that as gifts> Although I need to buy for gifts for the little ones, though.

jkct01
        Participant

I am wondering what did you bake for Christmas last year. You are really talented!

jkct01
        Participant

It is nice to receive handmade cards but because of time and efforts, not to mention the artistic ability, not all can do what you are doing. But I am sure that those who receive your cards will be impressed.

cessy08
        Participant

@jkct01: That’s for sure! πŸ™‚

jkct01
        Participant

Getting a real card from snail mail is rare enough nowadays. A handmade card? The people who got it must be very blessed!

cessy08
        Participant

@jkct01: I agree! I actually feel good to receive something from our mailbox apart from spam vouchers or bills LOL!

jkct01
        Participant

Yes, there is excitement whenever I see mails in our mail box. Sometimes I just hope there is something in there even if it is just some useless leaflets.

cessy08
        Participant

@jkct01: Glad to know that I am not the only one. LOL!

jkct01
        Participant

I have a feeling that you and me are not the only ones!

Janet Jenson
      Participant

I usually line up most of my gifts already before fall (end of July sales are good for that) but sometimes then I cannot wait to give the presents, and so some people end up getting another on when Christmas actually comes, but that is OK! Every day should be Christmas!

jkct01
        Participant

Those on your gift list should be happy people! Can’t wait to give the present – nice music indeed for them. It is good if we can feel the joy and peace every day just like Christmas.

cessy08
        Participant

@drann: Wow, they are very lucky! I wish I am on that list! LOL!

Anne Farmer
      Participant

I haven’t started it yet but I might just have to soon. I know I’m giving a few people some cash who need that more than anything.

jkct01
        Participant

Cash is more useful for people in need.

cessy08
        Participant

@anne123farmer: I agree with @jkct01 that cash is pretty useful. It also allows the recipient to choose whichever item he/she wants to purchase with it! πŸ™‚

jkct01
        Participant

Nowadays for practicality, some people even prepare a wish list for their family and friends to let them know what gift he/she wants.

Anne Farmer
        Participant

@cessy08 They are always in dire need of cash so I figured it will help a lot.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.