Can I move a blog post to another site?

Activity Forums Help and Support Can I move a blog post to another site?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  shaloowalia 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

Lee Ka
    Participant

I have written a few blog posts in my personal blog site, but I have just created a new site which it’ll be more suitable for these few posts.

Is there’s a way for me to move the blog posts to another site? or do I need to delete them from the old site and re-publish them in the new site?

Please advise. Thank you. 🙂

Anna Fan
    Participant

i think you should delete them before moving to the new site. And I understand what you mean now since you afraid of managing alot of thing in different platform but whatsoever, As this blogjob, i think it’s all the same like Mylot, mostly the site running on Adsense profits. It’s really not to say when will it gone.

Lee Ka
      Participant

Thanks for the advice. 🙂

I think I have written wrongly or created misunderstanding in my original post, both sites are actually on BlogJob. It’s just that I created my first site to write about my personal life, and have written some posts about BlogJob there as well. Now I have created another site to share about my online adventure, so I think the posts about BlogJob should be moved over there.

I am not familiar with WordPress, and just thinking if there’s a way to just move the post over. If not, then I guess I’ll either just leave the posts where they are, or delete them and re-publish them on the new site.

Anna Fan
      Participant

@Lee Ka if you like to keep your writing work then you should consider a word document and a cloud data saving like dropbox or google driver in case that your computer may got problem sometimes. For me what I write in BlogJob will not be what I will save therefore just keep it here then.

rextrulove

I concur with @anna588. Duplication is a huge SEO sin that would almost certainly hurt you and BlogJob. The alternative would be to write similar, but not duplicate material on your BlogJob blogs. Still, this wouldn’t be ideal for you, since you are wanting to have a tighter control, if I’m putting that the right way.

Lee Ka
      Participant

@rextrulove I did not mean to duplicate it at all, that’s why I thought of “moving” it over, not copying and pasting. It seems like there’s no such feature as moving a post. 🙂

Yes, I don’t think re-writing the posts is good idea for me as well. I do not want to have two similar posts on both my BlogJob sites.

Thanks for your advice. 🙂

Another question: Can’t I edit the first post I made in this thread? I see the edit button on my replies, but not the first that I started.
      I wanted to make a change, as I think I created a misunderstanding in my original post. Both sites are actually on BlogJob, but one is for my personal life and thoughts. I guess I didn’t mention it correctly at the first place, that’s why it created confusion. 😛

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Lee Ka.

rextrulove

You are correct; there is no feature for moving an article from one blog to another, nor from another site to this one. There would be a number of issues that could be problematic if this was made available and it could cause quite a bit of confusion, too.

I can edit your original post, but it is actually better if it isn’t edited. People who read this would most likely gain a better understanding if it was left the way it is.

Lee Ka
      Participant

@rextrulove Thanks. I’m just afraid my original post created confusion for others. But perhaps it’s also good for discussions as well. 🙂

I am fine with my points would be deducted, but it’ll deduct the points from those who commented in my posts as well, right? I wouldn’t want to hurt others by deducting their points.

Thanks for your help and advice. 🙂

rextrulove

I should say that you CAN delete the original and put it in the other blog, though. Just remember that if you do so, you’d lose the points for any comments that were made on the original post.

Anna Fan
      Participant

@rextrulove. thank you, BlogJob does really tell me alot about Google Adsense and how to be profit with Adsense though I am currently in a failure with Adsense application. I am not sure when will I get it, but just get ahead with that. Anyway, every publisher care about that much. Even so, managing tasks for admin is a lot to talk about. People think that they can copy from this blog to another blog without hassle, but actually every word you may write is yours One it got indexed it’s yours.

Danny
    Participant

if its your personal blog and moving your article to another personal blog, I do not see wrong with that… but if its in the blogjob you move to personal, I think its not proper

Shasha
    Participant

Even I was wondered for this problem…. I’ve created a new site for a specific kind of posts but need to move some posts from my old site….

Mely
    Participant

They will not be accepted for those blogs already points and cannot be anymore accepted.

gina145
    Participant

I’d leave them where they are. When you write something related in a post on your new site, you can mention those old posts and provide links to the relevant posts on the old site. And you can edit the old posts to say that future discussion on the topic will be on the new site. That way you might attract new readers to both sites.

Lee Ka
      Participant

Thanks everyone for your advice.

@gina145 Thanks for your suggestion. I am thinking this might be the best solution for me as well, as it doesn’t affect much. I will just leave those old posts in the previous site, and continue to write in the new site with the related posts.

Thanks for suggesting to mention about the future discussions in the new site too. 🙂

@newsmaker Actually both sites I mentioned are on BlogJog.

Super Spy
    Participant

Personally what I would do is make the old post private, so it still exists but won’t be seen publicly, and then put the post in the other blog. If anyone tried to see it then it will come up as a page error if they had the link.

nakitakona13
    Participant

I know what you are talking about. It could be done in the blogger. I don’t know here if it is also possible. What you are going to do is to copy it and paste it to another blog site.

Lee Ka
      Participant

@nakitakona13 I didn’t know this can be done in Blogger. It’s good to know that, as all my personal blogs are with Blogger. I will check it out just to learn more about it. Thanks for sharing this with me. 🙂

nakitakona13
      Participant

Don’t mention it. We are here to help one another.

shaloowalia
    Participant

You cannot use your posts from other sites on blogjob even if you delete it from there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.