Bumping Topics

Activity Forums General Discussion Bumping Topics

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

SadieMarie
      Participant

There are so many forums and groups that have been neglected for a while. I have been trying to go to the last page of groups and forums and finding something interesting that I like to get more people involved in it. While I couldn’t possible do this on my own or in a short amount of time I’d love it if everyone helped. You can do this by visiting the last page on a forum or a last active group and commenting on it. What do you guys think of bumping? Have you done it before?

Jessica
      Participant

I think a legitimate bump can be a positive thing. I’ve been on forums where there’s been excellent topics that all sorts of users have appreciated but that weren’t sticky noted (posted to the top of the forum for future reference) and a good bump once in a while was a good idea. However, I’ve literally seen posts where the user writes “Bump!” with no other contributions, and it eventually drives me bonkers. I have left forums over that as one key reason. I think where bumping is concerned, I’m okay with it within reason and if the person who bumps the thread contributes to the discussion.

SadieMarie
      Participant

@Jessica I agree with you there. And I have seen the same where they just write bump. Its nice when people do try to at least contribute something to the topic. That is what I try to do. There are many interesting topics and groups here that have been left neglected for some time. I’ve been trying to find the good ones and help them get the attention that they deserve.

waflay
      Participant

I always make sure to regularly check on the forum section and make my contribution.

henry
      Participant

That is why I sort of pose a question to the topic creator about the opinion that he/she has towards the topic, in case the topic created is left hanging.

jsnitz08
      Participant

i think there are some duplicate topics that should be deleted…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.