Bullying!

Activity Forums General Discussion Bullying!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

gma2-3
      Participant

Do your kids get bullied at school? Or did you?

henry
      Participant

There is no bullying in most of the scjools nowadays.

gma2-3
      Participant

The zero tolerance are just for certain people I am guessing. Here they have a zero tolerance but they don’t do anything about it, maybe only if someone gets really hurt do they do anything. Some schools even go as far to say that it is just boys being boys when someone gets hurt due to it.

kendra
      Participant

You are SO SO correct about that — that they don’t “do anything about it.” From what I’ve seen, bullying has not changed any since the school system adopted that “no tolerance!” So, it’s basically just something they like to say “no tolerance, no tolerance, no tolerance,” but never really work towards.

I haven’t been bullied since high school, and even then, it was quite minor. Mostly just very angry “female” stuff, but there was a point where I never walked down the halls without a confrontation, and not long after, I quit. Not because of that, but because of two things: a recent experience (outside of school) that had left me traumatized and because I was expelled for so many days (over a physical fight with one of the people giving me trouble) that I was placed in alternative school, and likely going to fail for missing to many days.

You’d think with things like Columbine (not saying bullying was the only source of that, or the source at all for that matter, but it’s when the schools decided they’d try this no tolerance crap that they don’t enforce) and SO many of the tragic suicides we keep seeing in the news that were due to kids being bullied that people would start taking it seriously.

Kids are cruel! School can be rough for people who are bullied constantly, and I wish there was some way to fix it all.

My cousin’s son has recently experienced bullying at school. Breaks my heart to know people are being so broken down like this. And it’s usually all just to make the bully feel better about themselves (insecurities.) When instead of being a hateful bully, they could come together with others and improve the insecurities everyone faces. It could be so different!

Wendy Rahilly
      Participant

I was bullied in middle school. I have 3 sons and thankfully although they come home and tell me about minor cases of bullying, it hasn’t gotten out of hand.

gma2-3
      Participant

I have one son that is in JR High that has been thrown into lockers, hit with a board during shop class and now has been punched in the mouth!! I just don’t understand why in the world they are not doing something especially when there are witnesses. The principal told my son that if he even tries to defend himself and isn’t the first one to punch he will be going to juvie along with the other kid. I don’t think that they should get in trouble for defending themselves if the school isn’t doing anything to help!! Thank you for sharing @Wendy Rahilly and @Kendra

kendra
        Participant

Oh my! Well that’s severe bullying & very disappointing that the school system is letting you guys down and not doing any better than threatening your son, who’s the victim. Their behavior is not tolerable and should not be accepted. That’s terrible that they’re able to just choose who they suspend and totally ignore the bullying and so-called “no tolerance” policy. I’m sorry your son is having to go through this. I wonder if you could get anything done if you went to the school board for a discussion on this? At this point, it’s not just the students who need to be monitored for bullying behavior, but also the entire school staff since parents and the kids can’t trust them to do the right thing and to simply put the kids’ safety as a top priority. Disgusting!

I really hope things look up and the bullying stops. I also hope the staff at that school will be put under some scrutiny for allowing this to go on, and for threatening JUVIE to your son, who’s the victim! Juvie?! That’s outrageous.

gma2-3
      Participant

@Kendra I thank you for your comments on here!! I am so very glad to have someone that feels the same way that we do about this!!!

jkct01
      Participant

Not that I know of. I did not do that.

Xavier Bage
      Participant

My foster child Ankit gets bullied in school.He is physically weak so wicked boys find him an easy prey.

Maricel
      Participant

so far my kids are not experiencing that kind of bullying in the school.

peachpurple
      Participant

My brother was bullied so I stood up for him when I was young. gave that bully fella a fist

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.