Books

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Andria Perry
      Participant

What was the title of the last book you read and what was it about?

Jessica
      Participant

I saw the original post as well as the updated post, so I’ll answer both.

The last book I wrote in full (although ha ha, my computer ate it) was called The Dream and it was a Chosen One fantasy (which means it was terrible). Thankfully the new variation is the opposite of a Chosen One novel.

The last book I read was Nodding by Jacqueline Druga about children who were infected by a rage virus and somehow that led to the end of the world. It wasn’t my favorite book, but it was one of her better novels.

Andria Perry
        Participant

I reckon I have never heard of either, but if you say its not as good, I will believe you 🙂

kimdalessandro
      Participant

It was Follow the River by James Alexander Thom. It’s the true story of a woman who was captured by the Shawnee Indians in the 1800’s and how she struggled to get back to her family. It was an excellent book. I couldn’t put it down.

Andria Perry
        Participant

I love those type of books that you cannot put down 🙂

loiseryan
      Participant

I wrote The Caverns of Kildun Aalda. It was a fantasy story based on a group of individuals-a warrior, a wizard, a cleric, a elf, a dwarf and a thief-exploring caverns to find treasure and fighting enemies. I have it published elsewhere on a different site, but may polish it up and post it here.

For the book I last read is called An Open Heart by Harvey Kraus. It is about a heart surgeon who decides to start a heart program in Africa. It is pretty eye opening by describing the povery in certain parts of this continent especially Kibera

Andria Perry
        Participant

I wish your much success on your book!

I often read books like this one, I find them interesting because you get a peek behind the scenes.

priscillaking
      Participant

Wrote…I’m still noodling with an unwieldy novel I felt inspired to write in the 1980’s. No idea whether it’s really worth publishing or not.

Read…it’s embarrassing to have waited this long, but I’m finally reading Solzhenitsyn’s “Cancer Ward,” in English.

Andria Perry
        Participant

I have written a huge book of poems that I began when I was stropped of my secure life and tossed into the world, not published and I was told to write prose but not by a professional, HA!

Don’t be embarrassed because I am one who has not ever heard of it :/

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.