Books

Activity Forums Writing Content Books

• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Grecy Garcia.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Do you follow a certain books when it comes to your writings?

realityspeaks
      Participant

I read books for the pleasure I derive, has nothing to do with writing.

priscillaking
      Participant

Are you talking about a style manual? Editors recommend different ones, so I’ve never paid too much attention to consistency unless an editor requires one specific style. (Gertrude Stein once said, more or less, “Sometimes I think ‘Italians’ should be written with a capital I and sometimes I don’t, one can feel that way about anything.” I’m not sure of her exact words but remember that she used the comma before “one” where most English teachers would have demanded either a period or a semicolon.)

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

Books are the best companions of man. Reading books is a different pleasure. Writing something is different matter. It is the self realization of any topic that makes the man write in details on any topic.It is the thoughts of the mind that are written in words. Topics are many and varied to write. First i need a selection of a topic and elaborate it. Selection of topic is the main criteria for writing.

lejla1311
      Participant

I am a bookworm. I love reading books of all genres and styles. I am a member of the local library and I enjoy my time spending there.

Jeanette Hall
      Participant

The few books I am lucky enough to own, I consider treasures and treat them as such! Lost many of my collection over the years due to relocating. Now have what (I hope) is a permanent residence. Miss many of my old books. Books unlock the universe to the reader.

nerdieeds
      Participant

No I don’t – but I’d love to own one for my guide. I like to know how style gives spicies to the write ups.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.