Blogging about our friends

Activity Forums Writing Content Blogging about our friends

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author

luciaanna
      Participant

Have you ever blogged about your friends?

suni51
      Participant

You mean the time I spent with them? If yes, then I do that at couple of occasions when there is something extra ordinary.

luciaanna
        Participant

@suni51 I meant to ask if you wrote a blog about your friends in the past. As far as I am concerned some time ago I wrote a few blogs about them.

suni51
        Participant

@luciaanna We have never interacted with each other but we have shared the same sites for almost 6-7 years starting from Factoidz and Triond time. I will now write few posts about my friends, past and present, thanks for a nice idea πŸ™‚

luciaanna
        Participant

@suni51 You are very welcome. It seems to me that a few years ago we sometimes interacted with each other on Triond. On this purpose what about Triond? At present this webpage is not available. I look forward to reading your posts about your past and present friends.

suni51
        Participant

@luciaanna I still have 400+ on Triond but I remember you for your posts on Factoidz and couple of other similar sites.

luciaanna
        Participant

@suni51 I remember you very well too. 400 post on Triond? I’d say a big number. As to Triond, do you succeed in entering your account? Thank you. As I have already told you in my previous comment, the following note appears: “This site is not available”.

suni51
        Participant

@luciaanna I have not tried lately but I have earned very good amount from that site until October 2015 for 4 months contentiously. For only 5 small posts all travel related I earned at an average $20 per month as there were no other posts so I got close to 2 million hits on those 5 posts.They sent all the money on every 7th to my Paypal without fail but now there is no activity. I am getting only 4-6 hits a day. And accumulated only 8 cents in last 4 months.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

Only once in a great while. I tend to favor other things more.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Yes, I blog about my friends all the time. Some knows it, and allow it, some do not have any idea as I am not dropping names.

luciaanna
        Participant

I sometimes blog about my friends, but I don’t use their names @grecy095

blueberry
      Participant

I think I always blogged about my friends. I mean, most of my experiences in life, stories are coming from my moments with them. And I think sharing that would be a good blog.

luciaanna
        Participant

@blueberry Yes, I think that sharing your experiences with your friends is a good thing.

Andria Perry
      Participant

YES! I blog about everybody. But I don’t use their names. But anyone is creeping on my blogs and they are called Roger Dodger and busted out a window, they would know it was about them. But I don’t tell people I blog for money, not friends anyways.

angie10
        Participant

That’s what I do too, Andria…different names all the way. I’ll change a few details around and fashion some of the stories into a little fictitious article so that it doesn’t ever come back to bite me LOL

luciaanna
        Participant

@angie10 I always use different names as well. I usually write about fictional characters.

angie10
        Participant

@luciaanna…I think that’s a very good idea; keep yourself protected at all times πŸ™‚

luciaanna
        Participant

@angie10 Yes, dear, I try to do my best.

luciaanna
        Participant

@andriaperry Same here. When I blog about my friends I never use their real names.

MissyWeng
      Participant

Yep sometimes I blogged about them. It’s fun to share experiences with friends.

luciaanna
        Participant

Yes, @missweng. I agree with you: it’s fun to share our experiences and ideas with our friends.

MissyWeng
        Participant

It is something that I will do more often in my blogging hehe

luciaanna
        Participant

@missweng Ok, so happy blogging!

shaloowalia
      Participant

No. Though I write about my friends in my gratitude list.

realityspeaks
      Participant

Yes, I do blog about friends sometimes.

Nana
      Participant

Oh yes I do but never use real names

Anne Farmer
      Participant

I forgot to say that I usually don’t use names either. I don’t want to defame anyone or make them feel like they were dragged through the entire internet even if it was something positive. Some people just like to be private.

angie10
        Participant

@Anne Farmer….that’s a good way of doing it.We always have to be respectful of other people’s feelings and not make it so obvious.

luciaanna
        Participant

@anne123farmer I completely agree with you. I like to be private too.

Jessica
      Participant

I mention names in cases of giving credit to people who give me advice on broken links or where to get better articles than what I used. Otherwise I might say “A friend on BlogJob…” without explicitly saying who they are. I have used names in the past, but I am trying to get better with journalism ethics. Like Anne Farmer said, people may find it weird to be mentioned even if it’s their username.

One thing I *do* do: I will post my Facebook screencaps with everyone’s names. They’re posting in a very public domain and if they feel uncomfortable with what is being published, well, they should’ve thought of that beforehand.

luciaanna
        Participant

I never explicitly say who these friends of mine are, like you @jessica

angie10
      Participant

Haha yes, some of them have given me good material to work with. I just make sure not to use their real names, and also tweak a few details here and there so i don’t get caught with my pants down, so to speak!

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Yes, I blog about my friends, some know it, some able to read it and some do not have any idea at all, lol.

angie10
      Participant

I guess that’s why sometimes I’m not eager to post my articles on Facebook hehe

Andria Perry
      Participant

Yes but I change their names so they can`t sue me πŸ™‚

angie10
        Participant

Hehe good strategy, @Andria. This way they can’t say it’s them you’re talking about, right?

TAlberts
      Participant

Yes, I do that sometimes but without names?

thisnthat
      Participant

I have to agree. I wouldn’t use anybody’s name, at least not unless I had their permission. In fact, I probably wouldn’t even go that route. I like my privacy, so I try to respect other people’s as well.

shaiera
      Participant

Yes! I blog about my friends. But I make sure that I cant offend them, especially when I am pointing awkward things in a funny way so I never use their names. ^___^

luciaanna
      Participant

@shaiera I’m realizing that many people blog about their friends, but they do not use their real names.

shaiera
      Participant

@luciaanna because some don’t want to be exposed …and sometimes, it is depends upon to the story that a certain blogger will share ^_______^

Mely
      Participant

I haven’t tried to blog about my fiends. I may try.Thanks for the tip.

luciaanna
        Participant

@swertiez You are welcome. Hope you enjoy blogging about your friends.

Mely
        Participant

@luciaana, Thanks,I haven’t blogged about my friends, maybe next day.

angie10
      Participant

Lately a few friends and family members have given me very interesting material to work with. I now need to work out what angle to take with each before submitting something here. Obviously, I’m going to have to modify some of the details πŸ˜‰

luciaanna
        Participant

@angie10 Ok, fine. So we will read soon some blogs about your friends and family members.

angie10
      Participant

@luciaanna…oh those who’ve read some of my posts will have already done so, but won’t have been aware LOL

Shavkat
      Participant

I do blog things that I can see. It includes the good quality of my friends. But then, it is done as good content as possible.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.