Best Social sites for marketing?

Activity Forums Social Marketing Best Social sites for marketing?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  shaloowalia 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Mickey Jazzini
    Participant

What are the best sites to market on?

SadieMarie
    Participant

Stumbleupon has brought me the most views ever. Facebook groups on blogging are also a great place to share your posts.

Jessica
    Participant

I think BlogJob itself is the best way to market to people who love blogging and potentially reading, but outside of that, I would say Twitter. My business account doesn’t have anyone that I actively interact with right now, but eventually I’ll get around to building a presence. I know it’s easy to get lost on Twitter but since it’s easy to follow people, I would think it’s also easier for them to follow you. This is all speculation of course, but it’s speculation that I’m going to follow through on. I will be more than happy to share my discoveries on this point with you once I have, well, discoveries.

SadieMarie
    Participant

I like stumbleupon and hitleap

Mickey Jazzini
    Participant

Thanks 🙂

SadieMarie
    Participant

You are very welcome! Hope that it helps you! 😉

kendra
    Participant

I would say it depends on what you’re marketing. Really, I’d say it’s more about knowing your audience (which can be tough, in my own opinion sometimes), than where you market. It’s more about the who.

That aside, I’d have to say building back links is the best, in my own personal experience. That is what’s brought my old (5 years) blog the most traffic. One huge way to increase traffic for a super new blog, in my opinion is by getting your stuff either published on other blogs and sites or by guest posting. It builds long-term links for your blog, which will bring you traffic for years. Once I shared some info that came from my blog on a simple Yahoo Answers question (it was related to an article I’d recently written) and I kid you not, that one piece has been bringing me visitors for YEARS. Keep in mind this is often marked as spam, though by sites like Yahoo Answers, so you have to be careful that you’re truly being relevant to the question asked and simply letting the asker know that they can follow up for more info on your blog. Let them know you can’t post the entire article (that’s related to their question) because 1. that’s sometimes considered “plagiarism” since it’s technically published, and 2. because it’d be a very long answer and you don’t want to overwhelm them with your lengthy answer. So, then you can mention your blog and say something like “if my answer is helpful and you’re looking for more in-depth info, you can find that on my blog, if you’d like to visit.” That’s usually acceptable.

Connecting with other similar bloggers is also a necessity, but doesn’t always mean quick traffic. However, by doing so, you often end up building yourself some link-backs! I’ve even collaborated on projects with fellow crochet-bloggers and gotten huge traffic. It’s a win-win for both bloggers.

But, yes, Twitter seems to bring me some visitors, too, but really not many. Without the other work, I personally wouldn’t have gotten but a small handful of visitors from all social media. In fact, I have a pretty decent Pinterest following and my followers are there for crochet and crafts mostly yet my crochet blog (which is shared on Pinterest by me all the time) has gotten 0 visitors from Pinterest! So, you have to really expand to as many social media platforms as possible.

I have to agree that LinkedIn, somehow (beyond me!) does seem to bring a bit of traffic. I have a couple that came from there, yet I have a horribly low following there. I’m not even active there except to share posts (because we have the whole 5-share requirement and that’s the only reason I signed up for LinkedIn. I didn’t have 5 platforms so had to sign up there). I would focus on Twitter and Linkedin the most probably, but depending on your blog topic, definitely don’t limit yourself to just those.

Some blogs will get amazing traffic from FB, but it seems it’s only specific categories that drag Facebookers to a blog. News articles seem to be the biggest ones. Or anything that tells a story that arouses great emotion or other feelings — Facebookers go for that type, it seems. However, you can also join groups on Facebook that fit your blog’s niche and really get a following soley by that, if you do it right, are genuine and NOT spammy! For example, the crafters groups on FB could potentially bring a craft blog a lot of viewers.

Hope this was helpful in some way. This info is based on my experience from my 5-year old blog and my new blog here at BJ.

SadieMarie
    Participant

I try to use as many social media accounts as I can. The more you get your blog out there the better.

Dick
    Participant

Wow you guys are the master of this I guess.

Pamela
    Participant

I love instagram, even though I don’t have many followers. I use it mainly for personal stuff. I love facebook and twitter, but have managed to get a bigger following on Twitter. The point is to talk to people and let them know you’re a real person. Don’t always post stuff that’s related to your business. Social marketing is just that: social. So don’t get hung up on the “business” side of it too much or you will find yourself becoming too “salesy.” That gets annoying. The groups and pages that I follow on facebook are the ones that seem like real people and have no trouble replying to comments, and stuff like that. So when you are on social media, even if you’re talking about your business, keep it as social and authentic as possible.

I prefer twitter and facebook for these simply because they are the top social sites. Once you have a following on these two, building a following on others is easier. The opposite is also true, but just remember to be a real person, and not just a “business.” That’s probably the best advice I’ve ever gotten, and the best I can give you, no matter what platform you decide to go with. Good luck!

realityspeaks
    Participant

It’s the site that works best for you. Stumbleupon and Twitter work exceedingly well when it comes to promoting blogs.

pramalkumarsamanta
    Participant

I think blogjob is the best social sites for marketing.

SadieMarie
    Participant

I agree Blogjob is one of the best. As is youtube too. 🙂

promilan
    Participant

It really depends upon the product you are marketing and where your audience is.. I prefer facebook groups and twitter

shaloowalia
    Participant

facebook and pinterest work the best for me!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.