Art museums

Activity Forums General Discussion Art museums

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

luciaanna
      Participant

Do you usually visit art museums? I like to visit museums when I go to another city.

realityspeaks
      Participant

We do not have many art museums where I stay, however there are two large community halls that organize art exhibitions often.

luciaanna
        Participant

Really @realityspeaks? I have recently read that in my country (Italy) there are 5,600 museums and archeological sites. I like very much the Capitoline Museums in Rome.

rextrulove

@luciaanna, according to the US government, there are well over 35,000 museums in the US. Most of them aren’t art museums, and that only counts the ones that are on the American registry of museums. There are probably 2-3 times that many, counting smaller museums that are privately owned and operated.

luciaanna
        Participant

Over 35,000 museums in the US? Really a big number @rextrulove

rextrulove

The US is a really big place, @luciaanna. 🙂 Italy is very slightly bigger than Arizona in area, and there are fives states (including Montana) that are bigger than Arizona. So if Italy has 5,600 museums, there are a lot more museums per square kilometer in Italy than there are in the US. lol

rextrulove

To be completely honest, I’ve never been to an art museum and have no desire to go to one. I’ve been to an art gallery, but never to an art museum.

luciaanna
        Participant

I see @rextrulove. As to me, I like to visit museums when I visit a new city with my husband and my friends.

rextrulove

Oh, I don’t at all mind visiting museums, @luciaanna, I just don’t care to visit art museums. If I ever visited Washington, D.C., I’d want to visit the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. In fact, that is about the only reason I can think of that would make me want to go there. 😀

luciaanna
        Participant

Well, I hope you can visit the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History very soon @rextrulove.

peachpurple
      Participant

never been one yet, the nearest would be 4 hours away from my town. So, be it

marygoround
      Participant

its far from here of art museums place. sometimes when in mood, i aprreciated it all. but if i am not well good, I didnt try to look and chase around. 🙂

luciaanna
        Participant

I see @marygoround. Is the art museum is far you cannot often visit it. Where do you live?

peachpurple
      Participant

@luciaanna/ no i doubt so, the last time i went that place was 18 years old, I was still a student

Maricel
      Participant

I had visit art museums once during our Educational tour in my high school days and never done it again until now.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I love an art museum, or any. I will also use my traveling to see what they have in forms of museums especially for that area. When I was in South Caroline I went to the USS Yorktown that is now a Museum. Or when I was in Biloxi, Ms. I went to the Southern presidents old home place that is now a museum. And its funny because I never cared to listen to history 🙂

blueberry
      Participant

We’ve been to an art museum where they showcase a lot of 3d and illusion art which is actually good for photographs.

Nana
      Participant

I never been to the one in this small town

luciaanna
      Participant

Hope you will have more time in the near future @glorious1969

angie10
      Participant

I like to visit museums of all types, to learn about new things. I also like art museums, but not to look at abstract art LOL sadly, we only have a small handful of museums where I live, you can only go so many times.

luciaanna
      Participant

@nana Why? Maybe because you do not like art museums? Or maybe lack of time?

Nana
      Participant

I have no time for sure

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.