Are You Writing for Points?

Activity Forums Writing Content Are You Writing for Points?

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author

toiken
      Participant

Writing for points? I can’t convince myself that I’m not so i’ll admit, I do. I hope to find something here though aside from just earning money. A decade ago, I used to write a blog in an awesome blog community and at that time, there were no point system and no one paid attention to keywords. Just plain, raw, naked and authentic words neatly aligned to summon ideas, fears, passion, insanity and nothingness. πŸ˜€

Karen Fainges
      Participant

Yeah I know that feeling. It was different when you could just write because you had something to say. Still there are positives to writing now. We have people trying hard to write and write well because it will help them take care of their families. There is also a wonderful mix of people writing so many different types of things that I am always learning something new.

The best way would be professional and passionate and I think we can do that.

toiken
        Participant

A passionate robot, indeed! Writers, especially drunk ones, are the most interesting people on earth. I’m a bit worried though that we use the word “writer’ too much. Anyone can write, of course but every time I scour through the now defunct bubblews, the current MyLot and the dozens of post-to-earn forums, half of my brain tells me to laugh while the other half wants me to find the nearest building tall enough to jump. apologies. im incoherent. 48 hours straight writing so i can buy my wife happiness on her birthday next week. πŸ˜€

ptrk12
        Participant

I have seen the best is to write as per interest and generate quality content and then advertise it or share across social media to get more hits.

lejla1311
      Participant

@toiken i understand what you mean. Pure, plain writing is something that doesn’t exist anymore, unfortunately. Everyone wants to monetize everything. This world has completely gone crazy. No one appreciates anymore a good article, text, novel, poem or some other form of writing. I miss those times too.

toiken
      Participant

@lejla1331 you just made me smile with your post on this thread. Thank you so much.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Writing quality content will bring in points. Keywords are a challenge to get right. I think content is king.

toiken
        Participant

@maxwellhaven I totally agree with you that content is the king. We bow down to kings, right? I hope it’s okay to share to you that I despise the king (lol) for turning me into a tin man in every word, every line, every bullet list, every awkward key phase.

Can a prose made of hastily written words entice the almighty Google algorithm to grant a higher PR rank to a niche-less, pragmatic start-up blog?

peachpurple
      Participant

I agree that everyone is writing fir money. Nobody write for free anymore

toiken
        Participant

@peachpurple reality bites! yes, but let’s make it a tad romantic by rephrasing the truth and say everyone is writing for love. πŸ˜€ (love for money..lol)

cessy08
      Participant

I always struggle to write a nice article with keywords in mind. I do write here for the points (that’s the reason why I joined anyway) but my blogs just follow whatever flows from my mind.

cgalavia
      Participant

Yes, as I want to earn a money at the same time making my passion into a reality,write whatever comes to my mind.

Jeanette Hall
      Participant

Unfortunately, have never made a single clipped penny for my writing so far. To get the points from this site your work must be at least 300 words in length!

TAlberts
      Participant

There is nothing wrong with writing for points or for money. The bad thing is if you write for money but you are not happy with what you are doing. If I would want to earn money, I would work hard in real life and earn at least 10 Euro per hour. ItΒ΄s only a few writers who are earning well through online writing.

Omison
      Participant

Hell yeah!

I’m most certainly not doing it for a Pulitzer,;)…

Got tired of posting “deep” duds on Facebook for free, why not try my hand at a somewhat paying gig?

Am still learning the ropes, don’t judge me…

/r,

janetwrites
      Participant

I signed up for this site to connect with others again because I have been writing my own websites and blogs where I don’t have that much interaction yet. I don’t really write for the points here because I don’t have the time to do so. I’m concentrating on my own projects but it’s a great way to read other blogs for inspiration, connect with others and share my own writing. Earning points is a good extra income for me but I think it will take a lot of time for me to reach my first payout.

Jessica
      Participant

Hey everyone, I checked to see if Bubblews was still there since another user called it defunct. It is, but the articles on the front page are “Meh”.

More to the topic, I admit that I love writing for some kind of reward, whether it’s points or money. I write for free too, but it’s always nice to be rewarded for hard work. No shame in that!

luciaanna
      Participant

@toiken I write for money. Also I hope to improve my English, as I am not English mother tongue

rextrulove

I write for money, but I would write even without the money. I am a writer and writers can’t just turn it off.

Shane
      Participant

Yes, I am writing for points because I need money for my medicine.

iyanpol12
      Participant

Writing is a passion for me, also to earn some rewards from my passion.

dinuka
      Participant

Like most of us here, I too writing for money. But I love writing and hopefully writing more will improve my English too.

angie10
      Participant

I’m with most people here, I write for the money. But oops, lemme re-phrase and put a romantic spin on it (just for you @toiken LOL)….yea i write for love, the love of money too πŸ™‚

I wish I’d started writing when it wasn’t such a chore, when you could just get writing without worrying about all these new details that you have to observe in order to make money. It kind of takes the fun out of it for me. But I do appreciate that it’s a necessary evil **sigh**.

Fifi Leigh
      Participant

yeah, i think that is how this site works. you write for points, and when you have enough, you can convert it to money. i need to write more to increase my points, although i just started here.

JoDee
      Participant

I like to write and the money or points are motivation to make me write. Some of the sites that have went under was like writing for free, so what is wrong with getting “paid” for writing? πŸ˜‰

gina145
      Participant

I write for points, but also for interaction. I want people to find my posts interesting enough to comment on them, otherwise I feel like I’m wasting my time. I’ve also found that by sharing the posts from my bonsai blog with the right audience I’m getting some advice that should help me to improve as a bonsai artist in the long term, and that’s really important to me.

deepam
      Participant

I write mainly because I love to. If am paid, then its great. I do not have enough time now because I am an elder caregiver and that’s why the point race is beyond me.

Fifi Leigh
      Participant

i am writing every day but my points are slowly growing.

Narayan
      Participant

Well I agree it’s more about money now, but my approach is a bit different.. Unlike the majority, I don’t just write robotically for the sake of points/money/page ranking.. and I’m not someone who reads a blog ONLY if I am paid to read lol.. I still read those random blogs written in those traditional ways of blogging.. I just love to stumble upon blogs by random people, connect with them and share stories.. If I had spent at least half the time that I use to read blogs, I could earn double what I am earning online now!
      The pleasure of blogging and reading blogs is still the same, but yes, such blogs are less in number now!

ptrk12
        Participant

@laksh
        Robotic writing and writing in a standardized, corporatized way that is similar to the sprints in an Agile environment is a no for me also.
        But yes, at times, planned and scheduled writing too can help.

@ptrk12
        Sir, how to opt for Robotic writing styles.

blueberry
      Participant

Well here at BlogJob we write for points too, somehow. But me being here for already like 3 months I’m writing for the passion and for the sake of getting attached to our community here.

suni51
      Participant

I have been here on this site for long and I have my friends on this site. If I were writing here just for the sake of points I would have reached cash out long before. Yes, we all are here for earning money and getting points but I do it on my pace and capability. Cheers….

deepam
      Participant

I too wrote for the sake of writing only and cashed out early. I will now motivate myself to reach the daily goal

peachpurple
      Participant

i am always hunting for missing points, so writing for points is important for me

toiken
      Participant

Your responses are awesome!

Of course, we do write for points. The universe is not that kind to let us indulge the vanities inside our heads and we’re all too preoccupied for anything but earning money. πŸ˜€

I only wish that ‘earning points’ is not the only thing that compels us to write.

Jessica
      Participant

Since my last reply, I have some new information to add. I have decided to cash out at $100, which makes my writing more like it’s for the points/rewards, but I still insist that what I write is of some quality.

Andria Perry
      Participant

Yes I write for points/ money. Why give everything away when you can get paid for it ? πŸ™‚ LOL, that kind of sounded like a prostitute πŸ˜€

Narayan
        Participant

@andriaperry hahah πŸ˜€ Yes, but it’s true πŸ˜€ Good one πŸ˜€

SHOHANA
      Participant

yes to be honest i write for points and its true for almost all

rextrulove

Just a suggestion, @rusty2rusty, you might get more comments if you had your blogs set so they didn’t require moderation. I’ve turned that off for all of my blogs because people sometime get ansy about commenting if they have to wait for the comment to be accepted.

rextrulove

For me, Akismet does a really good job of getting rid of spam. I used to have the moderation set so I’d have to clear the first comment, but I wasn’t getting many comments at all, so I turned it off. I started getting more comments and haven’t noticed any increase in spam that gets through.

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.