Are you worried you won't get enough social shares per post?

Activity Forums Social Marketing Are you worried you won't get enough social shares per post?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Atlanta
      Participant

Hi,

I am new here, and I just made my first site. I saw the notice that posts should get roughly 5 shares each- are you ever worried that yours won’t get that?

How do you promote them?

henry
      Participant

No I am not, because I happen to be a user to four social sites and so I only need one more share to get 5 shares.

Atlanta
        Participant

I am as well, but I don’t want to flood all of them with my posts-my facebook for example is mainly for personal use. That has never been my style. I may make special twitter for exactly that blog and try to connect to people interested in it.

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

There are groups that will share for you and also many blog sharing groups on facebook. You can share via any social site you have.

SadieMarie
      Participant

We do have a sharing exchange group if you need help sharing. There are also blog groups on Facebook to post.

Atlanta
      Participant

There are many options to gain points, I agree, but other than referrals, posts are yet the highest. If it only comes down to socializing and making groups, it would take a long time to gain anything.

jsnitz08
      Participant

No, its really not that hard. Its an Average of 50 shares per 10 posts. Not all posts have to have the 5 shares… some posts can be shared more. Just open more social accounts and you’ll be fine without spamming people. You can also email to indviduals the blog posts..and that counts as a “share”, which means if you email it to 5 different people thats 5 shares.

Rose Ann Doce
      Participant

Yes. I am worried. You know, we all have different ways to earn here. Some people are busy doing there post too.

SadieMarie
      Participant

We do have a sharing group called sharing exchange if anyone needs help sharing your posts. It’s a share 4 share group! 😉

Robert Stukowski
      Participant

Most social media sites are worthless. So, I’m worried about making the 5 share average myself. Social media sites are only good if people actually use them, and everyone that shares my interests tend to stick to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Is YouTube even a qualifying social media site?

Dick
      Participant

I am using only facebook and twitter to share

Grannyv
      Participant

Consider saving post links on Delicious and adding your blog to some of the blog directories to gain a little traffic. The more traffic you generate, the more likely someone else will share your entries.

kendra
      Participant

Umm… I was under the impression this rule meant that YOU, the blogger had to share your posts 5 different times…

That is what I was told, and that’s what I’ve been doing. I mean, we really can’t help how our shares go as far as other people sharing them, after all so that wouldn’t make much sense to me as a rule.

It did take me a lot of time setting up 5 different social media sites (aside from FB because I did NOT want to share my posts to my personal FB page as my friends would think of it as spammy sharing each post like that, especially since most of them don’t give 2 sh*ts about reading about crochet anyways. Lol.

It does take me quite some time to share 5 different times each time I post, and I have to admit, that has prevented me from bothering blogging any. But I am working on it. It’s just SO time consuming to do all that sharing. Maybe it depends on your internet speed and time to log in to all those sites, share and close out, but it’s complicated to me.

ivanna23
        Participant

Haven’t tried sharing though. But I do hope we’ll get credit for that.

Dick
      Participant

From what I understand you are able to share with same media many times. That is way I share on different facebook groups.

Robert Stukowski
      Participant

I managed to get the 5 per post but using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and StumbledUpon. They all seemed to work. Now that I have the Personal Blogger badge, I don’t have to post them any more. Until I start the business blogger one, but that will take some time as the business opportunities here are pathetic.

SadieMarie
      Participant

You can share on Facebook groups as well as google groups too if you are worried about spamming your page.

jkct01
      Participant

Do we need to share out our posts? I did not know that. Can I have the link to the instruction?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.