Are you a saver or a spender?

Activity Forums General Discussion Are you a saver or a spender?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Pegasus
      Participant

I have often been a spender in my life, but in the past few years I have tended to save more and look more toward the future. I wasn’t taught saving early in life, so I have had to teach myself.

kendra
      Participant

Definitely a saver! I tend to spend on my loved ones and save instead of spending on myself, usually.

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

I’m a spender, trying to reform. Whenever I’ve had money, I tend to spend it on other people, really quickly. I’ve come to realize that I can’t fix everyone’s problems with a pound of candy or a new bicycle; I need bigger things for bigger problems. So, I am dedicated to saving up so I can do more with my life.

Pegasus
        Participant

Amalthea, that is my problem too!!!! I like people to be happy and while I do other things to bring them happiness (bake cookies, sing a song to their voicemail) a lot of the things I do have taken money and I, in the past, hadn’t thought twice about it. I wouldn’t say that I lost sight of my own future, but I did get very sidetracked trying to help everyone else. Now that I have refocused on my family it is actually easier to say “Sorry I can’t” because I truly have a bigger goal in mind.

writer
      Participant

I have always been a spender. The only financial teaching I got at home was, ‘you will always have bills so buy what you want when you have the money.’ I tend to spend my money on family and friends more than myself but I do get what I want too.

moonphased
      Participant

I think I’m both, but these days I’m trying to save as much as I can.

Emily Hargrove
      Participant

I’m definitely a saver. I always feel bad for spending money on wasteful things… I drive my husband crazy because I’m always trying to use something down to the last drop and he’s like, “We can just buy another one!”

Pegasus
        Participant

My husband will say that too. I’ve gotten to the point where you know how you get to the end of a tube of something and you know there is more inside but you can’t get to it as it has to fit right into that reservoir to make it out the hole – a friend of mine taught me a useful simple tip – cut it open from the top LOL duh right? so much more moisturizer in there that I probably threw away before she taught me that tip!

Deryl
      Participant

I am a saver. I love saying but I could not save more at this moment because my brother and I are sending our siblings to college.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.