Any news?

Activity Forums News and Updates Any news?

This topic contains 71 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Graham 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

dawnwriter
    Participant

Hi @sheridan

Can we expect any good news soon? Please keep us posted about Reward System.

With many members migrating to join a new site, I am afraid for the future of Blogjob.

Is it possible to offer even 20-25 points per post and 1 point per comment that is at least 30 characters long to keep things moving? You can set the cash out at $100.

Longer character comment at Persona Paper made sure people did not earn by Good Morning, Good Night type of comments but by making sensible comments.

If you see any future for this site, please keep us posted. Best of luck!

suni51
    Participant

I suggest don’t sound dejected, the site will come back and will you as it was paying normally. Why degrade the site or yourself.The members that joined other sites will come back the moment this site will come back to active mode.

angie10
      Participant

@suni51….those are very encouraging words, indeed 🙂 I too believe all those people who’ve joined other sites will return once BlogJob is back up and running 🙂

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

Don’t worry, some people might be active on other site but those sites is nothing compared to Blogjob and those people knows it, even me! I am totally discouraged right now and I can’t have my old me. I only pray that Blogjob will come back again.

Mark Graham
      Participant

I started a month ago and I want it to come back too. I wanted to join when they suspended registration and thanks to a friend from PP who sent me an email I was able to register and I was actually doing well from my Statistics in my eyes. Hope everything works out.

angie10
      Participant

That’s true, sis Grecy Garcia…..they know which side of their bread’s buttered, so to speak. I guess maybe they really need the money and can’t afford to take a break? That’s probably why they’ve gone elsewhere for now, while the problems here at BlogJob are being looked into.

iyanpol12
    Participant

Let’s wait til things would be back. But I do hope the rates would still be the same.

Anne Farmer
    Participant

I don’t really see revenue getting better if no one (or much lesser people) ever posts anything much at all anymore. But some are not posting because the rewards system is suspended. I don’t know how this is helping the site be what it was again. It doesn’t say ‘temporarily’ on the right hand side where our points used to be. That is what makes me worried.

luciaanna
      Participant

Let’s hope for the best @anne123farmer

Mark Graham
      Participant

I know I see that as well. I really like writing here as well as I did a PP, but this is the only way I can make a small living right now. It seems like no one really wants to hire a 50 something person where I live.

angie10
      Participant

@Anne Farmer….one of the reasons why I decided not to post any articles is because a few people were saying here that their articles were disappearing. Plus, I wasn’t sure if by continuing to post articles, we’d worsen the issue? But I do swing by almost daily to say a quick shoutout to everyone and check for updates 🙂

rextrulove

@angie10, that happened one one day only, because the site was rolled back a day. If people had a copy of what they wrote (and people should always keep a copy of what they write), they can just repost it. I had no problem reposting the blog that disappeared and it has remained there ever since. All the new blogs I’ve written have, too. I’m now also getting more hits from Google than I was even a couple weeks ago, which is a very good thing.

Lee Ka
      Participant

I posted once some time ago but it was then deleted, as @angie10 mentioned, I am also afraid this might disturb Sheridan from debugging as it might burden the system and database load, so I decided not to post until Sheridan has fixed the technical issue.

I understand you are coming from the blogging or indexing point of view, but as a programmer, I would actually prefer to focus on fixing the technical issues (since we are actually having the technical issues now), and new information saving to the database/system can be quite bothering. I would prefer to say “leave me alone, and let me fix this first!” if I were troubleshooting and debugging the problem. But, of course, I am not familiar with WordPress and the issue Sheridan is facing now, so I do not know how he actually wants us to help – whether to keep posting or stop posting.

This is why I prefer to stop posting, give Sheridan a break and let him focus on his work, unless he tells us otherwise.

Hopefully @sheridan can at least tell us how he wants us to help. I guess many of us are willing to help, but we just do not know how to. 🙂

rextrulove

@kaka135, as Sheridan already explained shortly after it happened, the reason the few articles disappeared is because the site had to be rolled back a day. It has been working fine since then. One of my articles also disappeared. It was reposted the next day and has been on the site ever since.

If people don’t post, though, the site won’t be back to normal for a long time. Remember that part of the issue was that the number of views was falling, which means that revenue was also falling. One of the reasons I’ve continued writing is that I’d like to see the site back to normal as soon as possible. (The other reason is because I care about my personal SEO rating, which will ultimately translate to more views and more money.)

Andria Perry
      Participant

ALWAYS, I always keep a copy. When I had that one missing I just re-posted. I am doing one a day ( well I was out one day) if everyone posted one a day things would get better and better.

angie10
      Participant

That sounds good, @rextruelove….but can I just check, do we know definitively if continuing to blog is not doing more harm than good?? The thing is, without the specific details and assuarnces, you’ll find some of us are very wary to post articles. I don’t mind interacting and commenting, but I’m not so sure about posting actual articles.

rextrulove

@angie10, if I wasn’t convinced that it would be a lot more helpful than harmful to post articles, I wouldn’t keep doing it. 😀 I just posted an article. There is no 100% guarantee that this is helpful, but then, I can’t guarantee that there will be a sunrise tomorrow morning, either. LOL

angie10
      Participant

@rextrulove….hehe fair enough 🙂 Were you one of the people whose articles disappeared after posting earlier in the week? If not, do you know if they were able to retrieve them? That was one of my main concerns, well that alongside creating more technical problems for the site.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  angie10.

rextrulove

@angie10, yes, one of my articles was deleted. The whole site was rolled back to resolve an issue. I simply reposted the article. Like @andriaperry said, it is always a good idea to save a copy of everything you write (regardless of what site you write it on), so it was a simple matter to resubmit my post.

rextrulove

People who aren’t posting for whatever reason aren’t keeping their blogs active, which is something search engines are extremely aware of. That means that they are hurting themselves more than they are, BlogJob. I’ve been paying a lot of attention to where most of my traffic is coming from and Google is my top referrer, easily. If my blogs weren’t active, that would change very rapidly and it would effect anything I write anywhere. My brand would no longer be considered to be reliable.

Mark Graham
    Participant

I have been writing articles, but I have also been reading and writing my assignment papers for school. That is the only reason that I have not been writing like I started.

Kyla Matton Osborne
    Participant

I tend to agree with @dawnwriter that restructuring the reward program would be better than an indeterminate suspension with no news. The site will die without activity, and I think it’s clear that what motivates activity is earning the rewards.

There are several options that might stimulate activity on the site again:

1) Restructure the points system in order to place the emphasis on external traffic and much improved quality of content;
    2) Allow users to bank points for now, with the understanding that payments for these new points will begin only when the site reaches certain very specific goals – and then give regular progress updates so users can rally together around a common goal while still feeling they are going to benefit personally;
    3) Implement a new system that rewards those users who are doing the most to help the site regain its traffic – again, with very specific criteria and full disclosure so users can see what they should be aiming for.

There is potential here, and it would be a shame to see the site just fade away.

rextrulove

The bigger pity is that some people are so much more interested in money than in reliability and integrity. Yesterday is a good example of what I mean. A post that I posted yesterday received 378 views and of those, 317 were unique visitors. Google is still sending me traffic to my posts and part of that is because my blogs are still active. It stands to reason, per published guidelines Google has for their checkers.

angie10
      Participant

In all fairness though @rextrulove, some people are ‘so much more interested in money’ because this sort of thing is their only source of income and they’re left with no choice but to look elsewhere to ‘plug the hole’ left by this situation. I know because some of them have confided in me. I count myself lucky not to be one of them, so I appreciate that some people have to do what they can to survive.

rextrulove

@angie10, my sole income is from writing, so I understand that, but I also know that rule number 1 in blogging is to keep the blogs active. If they aren’t kept active, their page rank in Google, Yahoo and Bing will drop like a rock and when the site again goes to a reward system, it will take a long time for the inactive blogs to gain back the page rank that they had. Also, the more active the site is, the sooner than Sheridan is likely to be able to reinstitute the reward system.

angie10
      Participant

@rextrulove…I totally get that. But by the same token, in regards to your comment about some people being solely motivated by money, all I was saying is don’t let’s do that because in as much as this may be your sole money maker, it’s also your prerogative to continue posting. It’s all relative, more likely you and I don’t need the money as much as the next person, who probably cant afford to continue writing if they’re not been paid. But also, it’s each person’s choice to do what they deem is right for them. I just felt that the comment was a little harsh, without knowing people’s situations and I know for a fact some people were put out by it. Just my opinion.

kimdalessandro
    Participant

I agree. @rextrulove. I’m still receiving plenty of traffic too, and it’s increasing each day. I’m working on fixing a problem with broken links. The ad that pops up in the center of my posts is somehow affecting links on and below it. I’m moving them up one by one. It’s time-consuming, but it’s worth it. Each time I update a post, it appears new to the search engines. You’ll typically see a rise in traffic after making updates to old material. I plan on staying and doing all that I can to promote the site.

rextrulove

@kimdalessandro, I checked the stats on that article about growing lettuce that I mentioned earlier and was surprised to see that it has received over 1250 visits in just six days, with 1100 of them being unique views. Not quite as surprisingly, most of those views are coming from Google.

kimdalessandro
      Participant

@rextrulove – That’s great news, Rex. My views also seem to be back to normal. I know that I’ve made Amazon sales through the site. I can often guess which article the item was sold through because of the subject. I’m going to keep on writing and posting my articles. I usually don’t write much on the weekend, though. I’ve also been sharing my posts and those of others on FB and G+.

iyanpol12
    Participant

I do understand some people are not able to write and post blogs since some of them are finding ways somewhere else to earn money to supplement the loss of their earnings when rewards program were suspended. I admit, I am one of them since I have formerly had 400 and down to 300 points limit per day. As it was a big loss of earnings per month, I need to earn more from other sites which is my source to support my voluntary work. Others may have a family to take care of and support financially so I am not able to judge them if they more interested in money. The thing is, many members are not certain of the future of a site and putting so much effort and set aside their other online jobs wouldn’t be reasonable. Some members need money and work to support themselves or family. Talking about certainty in doing a thing if it is worth it.

I, myself, was really affected when the site has susended the rewards program as it has been a big help for my volunteering. That’s why I need to work in other site. But it doesn’t mean I had abandoned the site as I visit the site everyday and post updates sometimes. I also share my blogs on Google+. I still get a good amount of views, and at times, earning a hundred views in a day, through Google Analytics (since Jetpack was disabled). I haven’t posted a blog since May 3. The reason is I am lacking time to supplement the loss. But I am aiming to write and post one of these days. I just hope other members wouldn’t be judge for unable to post because we have different circumstances and status financially. We cannot judge them that they don’t care about the site.

angie10
      Participant

@Very true, @iyanpol12…. it’s not always as simplistic as people just being money driven! There are a lot of other reasons for their absence. Sadly, this is a livelihood for some, who simply can’t afford to hang around if they aren’t compensated for their time and effort. On the face of it, it looks like they don’t care about the site beyond the money they can make from it, but that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Jessica
    Participant

I think @iyanpol nailed some of the reasons people (myself included) have been scarce on BlogJob. Maybe it never was a way to make a steady, reliable income but it used to be an excellent way to supplement income, and with the reductions in points followed by this suspension of rewards it isn’t even that. I viewed my writing as professional-ish content in which I wanted it to be of some quality and in exchange for putting in effort there would be money rewards. I don’t write substantial content for free.

I imagine this is going to cause some controversy, but as @iyanpol said in his final sentence, let’s not judge those of us who are moving on as not wanting BlogJob to succeed. If we need some sort of income, BlogJob as it is right now is not the right fit. That doesn’t necessarily mean we want it to crash and burn, but maybe it does mean we need to put our time and energy elsewhere.

dawnwriter
      Participant

Very well said @jessica. the last thing we need is judgemental remarks on each other. Most of us spend time on these sites for a little income. We sign up on these sites with the understanding that promises of payment will be honoured.

There is no doubt that @sheridan was honest in telling us how things stand and there is no doubt that we all have to make decisions based on the changes.

There is no need to condemn anyone or accuse them of being selfish or mercenary.

angie10
    Participant

I know it’s frustrating, @dawnwriter…..but let’s just keep the faith and pray and hope the site returns to us. IDK, I’m very hopeful 🙂 It’d be sad to lose you 🙁

Fifi Leigh
    Participant

i am still posting 3 per day on here, even though i am not being paid anything. but i am not sure if it is helping.

cgalavia
    Participant

I just came back yesterday here after almost three months being away for a reason that my laptop was borrowed by my younger brother for his thesis.I was so eager to be here at the same time surprised about the suspension of the rewards program.I am so sad knowing it.I am hoping blogjob will come back again and shine like before..

peachpurple
    Participant

Yeah let us all wait patiently. We can’t expect sir sheridan to give us something in return because he himself is racking his brain over the problematic issue. We could help out by commenting and posting as usual, let us say, we are performing a good deed for Blogjob.

laksh
    Participant

I am unable to post a comment here!

laksh
    Participant

@angie10 @iyanpol12
    With due respect to your thoughts I would like to elaborate on/ explain what @rextrulove meant. You need not ‘judge” him just like how you don’t wanna be judged.

First of all, just read some of the comments above. I don’t wanna name, but some are saying they haven’t heard from Sheridan if they can post. Now, when did he tell us to stop posting?

angie10
      Participant

Ah, now I get why you said what you said on the other site, @laksh 😉 Don’t do this, don’t twist it mate! Let rextruelove respond if he wants to, don’t let’s make this into what it’s not!

laksh
      Participant

@angie10 look at the difference between how iyanpol12 and you took my comment!! Yeah, everyone things he/she is right.. Good for you!

angie10
      Participant

@laksh…What exactly do you mean LOL?! Look, I’m not sure what your story is, but like I said I’m over this 🙂

laksh
    Participant

This is frustrating.. Why am I not allowed to post comments here when all others have posted such long comments? 🙁

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  laksh.

Fifi Leigh
    Participant

bubblews used to have the same problems. i think all these sites have the same problems.

iyanpol12
    Participant

Sorry laksh if you gond my statement a judgement towards sir @rextrulove. But I do hope you won’t judge us for our comments too. I don’t think there’s something offensive or judgmental with anything that I’ve said. I don’t even think @angie10 judged him too. As members of the site we need to express ourselves too. Please do understand what we meant. Hope you don’t get it wrong. Thanks for understanding. 🙂

laksh
      Participant

@iyanpol12
      I didn’t mean it either.. 🙂
      Actually I had a loooong comment explaining everything but the error would not let me post that comment, so I just posted that short comment. I know it’s more confusing than clearing things.. Anyway leave it. When this site doesn’t let us post, then there is no point in discussing 🙂
      Cheers.. 🙂
      I know you are a good person, I didn’t judge you 🙂

angie10
      Participant

@iyanpol12….I totally agree with you on that! @laksh, I actually felt like your wading into the whole thing, to ‘clarify’ to iyanpol12 and I what rextrulove meant by his comment could twist the whole thing. We were all doing fine having a mature exchange, so quite why you felt we needed enlightening was beyond me LOL Very strange, but hey, I’m over it.

laksh
      Participant

Only 1 question – why did YOU wade into it in the first place? It’s beyond my imagination.. LOL 😀
      People who can’t take sensible words never get things right! Good luck..

angie10
      Participant

@laksh…mate, i didn’t WADE into it. You decided to get involved and tell us we were being judgemental. Look…YAWN..you’re not making sense anyway, and I’m not going to get personal on you the way you are with me. I’ve said all I had to say on the matter, I still don’t get why you have suddenly got beef with me, but that’s fine. I’m done with this conversation.

iyanpol12
    Participant

Thanks @laksh. Hope the site goes back. I am planning some posting but busy days are here. I still want to contribute to this site. In fact, when Bubblews has completely shut down, I was saddened despite what it did to some members. I don’t want it to happen on Blogjob as it has been a part of my life after spending hours daily for 9 months. It’s fine that it needs to be more stable. In fact, it would be fine for me if my limit would be back to 150, from my maximum limit of formerly 400, as long as the site gets fully back. Let’s hope for the best and may sir @sheridan is able to get the site back to its glory, though we should not rush him as he’s also human like us and gets exhausted too.

iyanpol12
    Participant

Oh, I can post long comments. There may be a glitch dear. @laksh

Andria Perry
    Participant

I remember when bubblews lower payout everyone went to CGP Gallery, or something like that, I did too, never got paid. I wrote for Insights and never got paid, I wrote for elitewriters and no matter how much I worked there, never could reach payout. Now a new one called literacybase has become active, I ask who is getting paid there? Wait I should say ” who has redeemed and received money.

I will wait it out here and try to help build things back up.

I also write for money, just because I own rentals don`t mean all the tenants pay, when they don’t pay I don’t eat either.

rextrulove

@angie10 and @laksh, I’m not in any way bothered, nor was I trying to bother anyone in any way. My point was and is that by continuing to post, you are helping both the site and yourself.

It isn’t a person at Google who looks to see which blogs are active, it is automated. This means that it doesn’t care why a blog isn’t active, it only sees whether it is or not.

angie10
      Participant

@rextrulove….I’m glad you responded, because as long as I’ve known you, you’ve always been receptive of other opinions including those that contradict yours! So I was shocked to be being called out for’judging’ you when I was merely doing what we always do, debate/discuss issues and agree or agree to disagree, never with an angry word exchanged. I can only hope this whole thing’s over and we can all move on from it 🙂

rextrulove

@angie10, I’ve always tried to be that way. Mine isn’t the only valid opinion and I neither expect nor want people to always agree with me without checking things out for themselves. Frankly, many times I’m wrong about one thing or another and I’m always learning. I have no problem at all debating and discussing just about anything, but I don’t argue. I should say that I do argue on occasion, but when I do, I’ve automatically lost the argument because it presupposes that mine is the only right way. Obviously, it is not. God is the only one who is always right. That is one of the rare things that I believe with absolute certainty.

iyanpol12
    Participant

Thanks sir @rextrulove. Thus sharing the old blogs be able to help the site?

rextrulove

Yes, it would help, @iyanpol12, but it wouldn’t be seen as making a blog “active”. To be active, it requires new posts, according to Google.

iyanpol12
    Participant

Oh, I noticed the comments became random with its order.

rextrulove

@bestwriter, “Who says Blogjob is not active.” that determination would come from Google, Bing and Yahoo. Even the forums aren’t as active as they were, but the big thing is that the blogs aren’t as active. It is the blogs that bring in the most views. Most people who don’t belong to the site will not see the forums.

rextrulove

Incidentally, a few weeks ago, I was getting 30-60 notifications of forum posts every day. In the last few days, it has been on the order of 3-6 new forum posts; about a tenth as much. I’d hardly call that ‘buzzing with activity’.

suni51
      Participant

@rextrulove I tagged you a couple of times but probably you did not see them

rextrulove

@suni51, you takged me in the forums? I’m not seeing it in my notifications over the last few days. My apologies if you’ve written in the forums and I didn’t see it.

@rextrulove not that isn’t being active. I have been busy with off -line stuff.

Mark Graham
    Participant

Has any one heard when the rewards will be unfroze so to speak?

Mark Graham
    Participant

After reading all these comments I think if people would continue to write their blogs the site could start paying again, but it is hard at times to write for free especially when you are counting on the financial aspect to help you make a living in this economy.

rextrulove

The question that should be asked, @marky2016, is who would pay the money? In order for a site to pay people, it must first make more money than it would take to pay people. BlogJob wasn’t, because of a drop in views. Sheridan was very upfront about that. I wouldn’t expect the site to go back to paying until it is again making enough money to pay people. That would mean when the views have increased enough to generate enough money, which probably won’t happen until enough articles are written. Catch-22

peachpurple
    Participant

Blogjob is fortunate that there are still many regular members here making this site running, we should all be thankful and wait for sir sheridan to settle the problem.
    Let us help him out

Mark Graham
    Participant

This would work for me for that is what I was striving for anyway.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.