Ads on the blogs

Activity Forums General Discussion Ads on the blogs

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

mcisper
      Participant

I’m curious to know whether the ads that are posted by default on the blog I created here are paying me in some complicity should they be clicked on? It would be awfully nice. Let me know please.

algedonics
      Participant

Hey there!

By default, no, they’re not. Those ads are helping to pay for BlogJob itself. However, if you go to your blog’s dashboard, there should be an option on the side that says ‘Advertising’, under ‘Settings’. Click on it and you will be taken to a page with two input fields. These are where you can put your custom ad settings – be it your own Google AdSense account, Chitika ads, or any other advertisement partnership. When you click ‘save changes’, then your own ads will be shown 75% of the time, and the other 25% will continue to be used to support BlogJob. You will get residual money when people click the ads on your blog, after that.

By the way, you can find a tutorial on how to get set up with your own Google AdSense account on Sheridan’s blog.

Hope this helps!

mcisper
      Participant

Thank you for your answer. It cleared that up; granted I had a feeling that was the case.

I am quite frustrated with myself because I have been trying to figure out a lot of things here and I seem to keep running into roadblocks. I in no way fault the site; in fact, I’m beginning to wonder if my issues might be due to my older computer system.

Anyway, thanks again for your input; it is appreciated.

algedonics
      Participant

If you need any more help, feel free to ask! I’m available by personal message or if you type ‘@algedonics’ in any forum post (I’m pretty sure there’s a pinging system in place, anyway). Good luck!

Edit: Just checked, it’s confirmed that if you type my username in, it will email me about any messages. How cool.

mcisper
      Participant

Thanks @algedonics (we’ll consider this a test on my end). I try to keep you in mind if I need any help. I stumble through things and eventually get what needs to be done though.

SadieMarie
      Participant

They aren’t but you can hook up google adsense & place amazon affiliate links in your blogs.

dinuka
      Participant

I don’t think default ads make any income for us.

Adelee Gals
      Participant

Oh I have no idea about here and I am thankful I am visiting this forum to gain my knowledge.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.