ADHD

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

SadieMarie
      Participant

Does anyone here have ADHD? How do you deal with it? What have you done to improve your ADHD? What is working for you? Feel free to share your stories.

Danae
      Participant

I was diagnosed with ADD three months ago, my life has improved dramatically since I started taking focus meds. I started out with Concerta, but I take Vyvanse now and it works a lot better for me. I can actually finish a movie or a book now! A huge improvement!

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

That is great that the meds help you. My son and daughter are on Concerta and I see a big difference. I do really think it works.

Danae
        Participant

I’m glad that it’s working for your children, Kimberly! A lot of people are skeptical about focus meds and I can understand a bit of their perspective as so often we are shown how people abuse them, so they get a bad reputation. However it has helped me SO much and even my parents notice the difference and are finally supportive of me taking medication 🙂

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

I have turned down meds because I saw the side effects and felt they would harm my child.

Pegasus
      Participant

I am not diagnosed with ADHD, but I know I have some attention problems and my son is Dx ADHD as was my dad. I work really hard at dealing with it, but because I can recognize it in myself when I see it in my son, I know how to help him get more organized.

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I know I have it and I do nothing for it. My children also have it and they are on pills to help them manage it. I just deal with it the best I can. If I feel I can’t I guess I will be on pills as well.

kendra
      Participant

I have not ever had ADHD, but know people who do. I have heard of meditation being useful to help with some of the symptoms, and help to calm people. I can see how it would help calm you, and help train you to try and focus, but it’s about the only thing I’ve heard of besides medications. There’s someone who has discussed using mediation (and something else, I think maybe yoga) to help the symptoms. Seems like it was the Truther Girls’ channel I seen it on, but not 100% sure. I wish I had more to offer. 🙁 I do think meditation could be worth checking into, though. I’ve been using it to help with some depression symptoms and to kind of help center myself.

Danae
        Participant

I like to meditate when I have some quiet time 🙂 It does help, and it’s extremely calming, especially if you add some incense or candles, and some relaxing meditation music in the background 🙂

SadieMarie
      Participant

Do you have or know someone with ADHD or ADD?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.