Reply To: What books have you read recently?

Activity Forums General Discussion What books have you read recently? Reply To: What books have you read recently?

kendra
Participant

Oooh! I loved Helter Skelter. If you haven’t already read it, you’ll probably enjoy the book by Marlin Marynik on Charles Manson, too. I loved it, but thought Helter Skelter was a tad bit more detailed. Anybody who’s interested in the Manson stuff will appreciate the book, but I forgot the name of it. Got it on my Kindle & it had photos too! Awesome stuff.

The book I’m currently reading is that darn “The Girl Who Played With Fire.” I picked it up when my neighbor sent a whole bunch of wonderful books to my house, and have felt both frustration and finally excitement while reading. It’s long, very, very different type of reading (the wording is not what I’m used to, perhaps because it’s not based in US). Now that I’m nearing the end, I’m getting a bit interested. Not sure I’ll read the others by this author though.

I’ve also been reading a little bit from a new LOA type of book (self help style) that I got for free on my Kindle. I’ve probably read 50 books on the subject (meditation, healing and energy work and LOA subjects) since early in the winter.

Before I started reading “The Girl Who Played With Fire,” I read one kick-butt book by Lisa Gardner (an absolute favorite author of mine) called dang it. I forgot! I always forget the titles once I’m done reading. But it was just fantastic! I have yet to read one of her books that I didn’t lose tons of sleep trying to finish. They’re great if you love thrillers (and an obviously intelligent writer for that matter).

Love this book topic! Now I’m thinking we need a group about reading/books. We could discuss what books we’re reading each week (or month, depending on how long we spend on one book). We could even recommend books we’ve loved to each other… I think I’m going to go search first & see if there’s a book group up and if not, I’m gonna have to make one! 🙂