So, tomorrow is the New Year, 2016.
Wishing all a Happy New Year!!
Some people celebrate it in a grand way with lots of loud bangs ( fireworks) while some of us prefer to keep a low profile by sleeping over it.
Here are the ways how our local people celebrate the New Year in a BORING spirit
- Send New Year Messages and Videos- this is one of the popular trend among the teens and working adults who are lazy to celebrate with the crowd. A simple New Year message and a smiley icon or image. For those who are in sales and marketing line, mass sending message is the easiest trick to please every client and prospective customers on the contact list. Besides that, sending text messages to friends, customers who are no longer in contact also helps to build up better relationship. A very sly trick to “befriend” with your long lost contact. Gaining one is better than losing a friend.
- Sleeping–Working people who worked on New Year Eve don’t even bother to celebrate this day after a hard day’s work. One would rather take this golden opportunity to sleep throughout the day to replenish energy for next day work. New Year Day is a one day Public Holiday in our country. A few of us would stay up late unless there are interesting TV programs or movies worth to watch past midnight.
- Surfing the Internet- No one can live one day without the Internet. If you are a Facebook or online chat site fan, you may noticed that your online friends, classmates, colleagues and family members are constantly updating themselves with their current plans. I can bet with you that majority are lazy to join the crowd, would rather stay at home, blogging, joining forums wishing each other a Happy New Year.
- Watching TV or Online Movies– This is my favorite task. Relaxing on the sofa, popcorn in my mouth while holding a remote control in my hand. There are tons of movies and TV special programs aired on New Year Eve and New Year Day itself. Cartoons such as Tom and Jerry, Franklin and Friends, The Adventure of Peter Pans are my son’s favorites. He occupies the whole TV for this special day. Hence, the rest of us watch our favorite movie online connecting a HDMI cable to another LED TV with home theater speakers. Feels as if we are watching a movie in the cinema!
- Shop till you drop– Ironically, some people love to join the crowd instead of idling around at home. So to kick up the fun, window shopping plus dining at restaurant with discount vouchers is a bonus for everyone. The biggest problem is getting stuck in the traffic jam at down town where vehicles are heading for shopping malls or parent’s house gathering. Another problem is hunting for a parking lot, a real headache for drivers. Be careful of road rage drivers!
copyright all rights reserved by peachpurple
photo by pixabay ( tom and jerry)
photo by peachpurple ( all of them )
drawing originally drawn by peachpurple ( don’t copy!)