What phobias do you know of?
Well if you are like me, I only knew about the phobias that everyone talks about. I always knew that there had to be some strange, weird phobias out there. Now after my intense research I am going to write about the 5 extremely weird phobias I could find. Some of us probably suffer from one or two of the minor phobias. There are some of these bizarre phobias that many people’s lives are really affected by them. So let’s get going, I bet you are wanting to know these phobias by now. So here we go…….
- Deipnophobia — This one is the fear of dinner conversation. Yes you read that right because we just assume everyone has conversation over their dinner while sitting around the table. We do know that some dinner conversations can be awkward, but these people get so terrified about speaking to another person over dinner. These people get so terrified and they avoid dinner with other people all together.
- Eisoptrophobia — This phobia is the fear of mirrors. They thin k that through the mirror you will be in contact with the spirit world. These people suffer undue anxiety even though they realize their fear is irrational. This fear is often grounded in with superstitions, like breaking a mirror will bring bad luck.
- Arachibutyrophobia — This is a fear of Peanut Butter sticking to the roof of your mouth. I bet you chuckled a tiny bit, because I had never heard of this in any kind of way. This disorder seems to be a fear that is quite easily worked around: don’t buy peanut butter. However, for a child who is forced to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day, one can see how it might cause severe trauma in later life. I had found this testimony of one alleged sufferer: “Whenever I’m around peanut butter I start to sweat excessively and my body starts convulsing. The roof of my mouth becomes coarse and itchy. I can’t live with this fear anymore. My thirst for peanut butter must be quenched without me going into a full blown panic attack.”
- Cathisophobia — This is the fear of sitting. I couldn’t handle this I need to sit just like I am sure most of you do too. This phobia could can be sparked off by a particularly nasty case of hemorrhoids but in some serious cases it can be due to physical abuse relating to sitting on sharp or painful objects. Sometimes this fear of sitting is due to punishment in the school years. This phobia is characterized by sweating, heavy or short breathe, and anxiety.
- Mageirocophobia — This is a fear of cooking. This disorder can be debilitating and potentially lead to unhealthy eating if one lives alone. Sufferers of mageirokos can feel extremely intimidated by people with skills in cooking, and this intimidation and feeling of inadequacy is probably the root cause of the disorder for many. As we might think we have to cook atleast once a week, but I guess there are many people out there with this phobia.
Well here are the top 5 bizarre phobias. I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I did researching and writing this post. I will dig deeper into researching and see what else I can find and post it for you all to read.
If you know of any bizarre and weird phobias I would love to hear about them.