The records of history indicate that is what Alexander the Great said when others informed him about his father’s conquests.
Clearly, Alexander the Great was no prophet. However, he is known in Western history as a remarkable military leader. In India’s history, children are told he’s the “boogie man”.
– Alexander was born on 21st July 356 B.C.
– Although his name is not specifically mentioned in the Bible, many biblical scholars believe that he is the “mighty king” referred to in the book of Daniel the Prophet (Chapter 11).
– The meaning of the name Alexander is: “man’s defender, warrior”. The name suited him.
Almost everyone knows about this “hero”who set out to conquer and Hellenize the entire world.
* Do you have an opinion about him? You can find mine at the link supplied below.
If you don’t have any thoughts regarding the actual historical person, care to share what you thought about the 2004 movie which starred Colin Farrell, Angelina Jolie and Val Kilmer.
Here’s a link to a review by Rebecca Murray, writer for About.com.
- “Alexander” Movie Review: Oliver Stone’s Long Anticipated Alexander the Great Epic – movies.about.com
Her opinion as expressed in the article, summarily stated? She gave it a Grade C+.
Which means: Eh! She didn’t think it was all that!
Me? I thought it sucked! Bad plot. Bad acting. But that’s just me.
Related or similar articles elsewhere on the web: