Whew! The month of June sure flew by fast! Sharing my “Gleanings”. No Miscellaneous this time. Just blogging tips and tricks. Hope they help! 🙂
Though the content is dated 2014, the tips are still applicable. The most common mistake is a question people always ask because it causes confusion. There are two of them! What??!! Which one should I use? There is “Free WordPress.com or self hosted WordPress.org”. The BlogJob site owners have already made the choice for this community. However, since BlogJob uses the WordPress platform, learning how to avoid the rest of the mistakes on this list should prove useful. As for me? Mistake #12. Guilty! Learn more.
- Yadav, Ajeet. “The 15 Most Common WordPress Mistakes to Avoid – Jeffbullas’s Blog.” Jeff Bullas’s Blog. 13 Apr. 2014. Web. 06 July 2016. Win at business and life in a digital world.
Some people have Twitter in their social media tool kit. Have heard that some people only use Twitter to circulate their content, while some folks won’t touch Twitter with a ten-foot pole. I don’t agree with that last group at all. One of the guys who started Twitter used to work for Google. Also, Twitter just recently got a new management team member. Who? Eh! Some guy from Facebook. So what does this tell you? It tells you this social media platform has no plans to disappear! So maybe you should consider taking advantage of the services being offered.
You may have to pay for extra features but it is still free to create a Twitter account. In fact you can create multiple accounts. I did! Click link below to get details on free mini course offered by momresource.com that teaches how to maximize the potential of this social media tool. While you’re at the site, you might think about joining the community. I don’t get anything extra for referrals. Helping my fellow bloggers is reward enough. No really. I’m not being corny. Don’t forget the name of this blog. “My Pain, Your Gain”. That’s for real. 🙂
- Perl, Saira. “Twitter for Beginners – Free & Easy Instructions” MomResource. 21 Apr. 2015. Web. 06 July 2016. Helping moms grow their online income. Mom Resource is a fast growing community of moms who are looking to improve their personal & family life by changing their professional life.
Below are three more links of interest that supply sound blogging advice. Two are from blogs I have been following for a few years. One is a new site I just stumbled across today! If you’re determined to continue your blogging adventures, these blogging tips and tricks should help you avoid getting shipwrecked and stranded in the online world. As Captain Jack Sparrow would say: Savvy? * 🙂
- Hall, Sharon Hurley. “Tips and Tools for a Productive Blogging Workflow” Basic Blog Tips. 5 Oct. 2014. Ms. Ileane shares advice for “Helping you build a better blog”.
- Cuberti, Marc. “5 Ways To Flood Your Blog With Traffic Using Pinterest” Jeffbullas’s Blog. 25 June 2015.
- Bychkova, Katya. “Blogger Week in Hashtags” Style Sprinter. 7 July 2015. If you plan to use Twitter or other social media, you might want to master the art of hashtags.
* (Zippy one-liners from main character in a popular movie Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl.)
Gleanings from previous months:
- Twitter: Give Flight to Your Personal Brand(coloradotech.edu)
- Top 4 Tips for Promoting Your Small Business On Social Media(hiscox.com)
- This is why Daniel Radcliffe only uses Google+(mashable.com)
- Common Thinking Mistakes We All Make(cmoneyspinner.blogspot.com)
- 2 Reasons To Avoid Using The Official Social Media Sharing Buttons Codes For Your Blog(dailytwocents.com)
- Social Media Marketing Twitter Tips(dailytwocents.com)