An alternate title for this post could be:
GOOGLE and Facebook Didn’t Make My Spaces Disappear
– “I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water.”
– “My music had roots which I’d dug up from my own childhood, musical roots buried in the darkest soil.”
* * * * * * * *
Our Mind, Body and Soul are Our Living Spaces.
Our Mind, Body and Soul are Interconnected.
You Don’t Have to Be a Genius To Know That!
GOOGLE Plus and Facebook can’t make my spaces disappear.
– These social networks do get credit for making my spaces more visible without invading my spaces – i.e. where I LIVE. 🙂
– The late Mr. Ray Charles Robinson (September 23, 1930 to June 10, 2004) gets credit for often providing me with a means to retreat into my spaces. That’s why I’ve included a tribute to him in this post and added links for those who want to know more about this musical genius.
I LIVE … In my journals.
My journals always welcome me with open arms. The pages are where I rest and reside, where I dwell and become alive. I live in my journals because I’m free to be me. They never reject me and listen to whatever I have to say (or write). Despite their broken spines and messy pages – they absorb my anger, my fantasies, my musings, my crazy notes, schemes and plots to rule the world! MOO-AH HA HAH AH!! (O.o)
A reader would think there were different personalities talking but it’s just me!
My journals don’t have the format of a typical diary. There are no dates. I don’t record “significant events” on a daily basis. My journals are not structured and have no limits. Because of that distinctive quality, it’s almost impossible for me to part with their pages. Also, I can enjoy music while writing. Don’t know what I would do if ever stranded on a deserted island with no pen and paper.
I LIVE … On the floor.
I live on the floor. NO. I am not into dirty carpets and dusty sidewalks or sitting on itchy grass with bugs. It just so happens that the floor is a wide open space. The floor is larger than my desk or my bed or the sofa in our living room which folds out into a bed. I’m pretty selfish about space so I want my area! Besides, I lose things when I sit on the couch. Haven’t you ever noticed when you’re house-cleaning, how many missing items you find under the sofa or beneath the sofa cushion that you’ve been looking for, for forever? The floor isn’t always comfortable, but I have lots of space to put stuff around me, without losing it. I can work there, read there, write there and listen to music.
Music creates my best living space.
I LIVE … In my music.
I live in my music. Music makes me happy, comforts me, intrigues me, relaxes me, energizes me – it is me .
At home, we listen to all kinds of island music, Motown classics and music from the 60s, 70s and 80s, new age music and a variety of world music artists, and spiritual music. Maybe it’s in the genes. Music seems to seep into the cracks of my personality and tug at my heart strings. Some things are euphonious.
Euphonious: having a pleasant sound; pleasing to the ear.
Music not only pleases my ear but travels from there into my inner being and touches my mind, spirit and soul.
Eh! It probably does that for everybody. It can be rock or experimental or atmospheric or electronic, or pretty much any genre … country , jazz, blues , etc. (Although not every one in our house appreciates country music.) That’s probably why I appreciate the music of Ray Charles so much. The soulful sounds he created blended, jazz, country, pop, gospel and whatever else he felt was “inside” of him.
Follow Ray Charles Legacy via These Links
- Ray Charles | Official Website
- Ray Charles biography, discography, store, etc.
Copyright © The Ray Charles Foundation 2013
- Ray Charles | last.fm
- Watch videos & listen free to Ray Charles: Hit the Road Jack, Georgia On My Mind & more, plus 69 pictures.
- Ray Charles | biography.com
- American musician Ray Charles blended jazz, gospel, pop and country. His talent earned him the title
- Ray Charles – About Ray Charles | American Masters | PBS
- With perfect pitch and an expressive voice, he combines worlds as diverse as jazz, country, rhythm and blues, and gospel to break your heart or make you dance.
|Brother Ray: Ray Charles’ Own Story||Genius Loves Company|
* * *NOTE: Content at one time appeared on a website called Squidoo, which was subsequently acquired by HUBPages. This content was not republished at HP and is being shared here.
- Designing a Beautiful Family Room for Small Space(hangupin.com)